"Crave" thread

1 minute ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Probably they will be used somewhere. We all know so little about anything forthcoming. Even the insiders. We don’t even know what the hell she’ll perform in ESC. Let’s be patient and wait for the era to unfold as she wants it. But most importantly, we have to stop expecting this chart success, including me, which only gives me disappointment and takes away the enjoyment of her music and visuals. I don’t need this negativity in my life when I can enjoy so much she is giving. It just ruins it for myself. 

Ok, thats a good point.

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Which she's still releasing...not on your schedule as far as she's concerned. 

Well, its great if she would release them. Thats what I need to know. 

What’s with the endless complaining? It’s maddening, and just sounds like repressive personal frustration. Did you like Lucky Star? Did you disown Madonna when there was no video for Angel? Did you hate the True Blue video, which was made as an afterthought? I’m sure I’ll get trashed for expressing disdain, but seriously...she cannot please everyone constantly. Look for the good rather than emphasizing hypothetical hot air. It’s damaging. The negativity of some of her fans has contributed to tarnishing every Madonna era since Hard Candy. 

I think her (and her team) general hope is for #1 dance for Medellin, and a #1 debut for the album...at this point we have 3 songs that will be getting played in gay bars all across the country (with two more coming future and soltera) whereas we would've just had one first single had it been any other era ...all this hate for a simple video to a gorgeous pop ballad when that's absolutely ok for a song like this is crazy after she delivered Medellin. Like what does everyone want? 

I don't think the video requires a big budget, it can be beautiful and effective. I do agree with the over-bleaching but she's been doing this since Express Yourself and SO does not need it.

If you look at mostly what is on Vevo and the music channels, it all low budget basic videos (people dancing, garish outfits, people drinking, partying) and these songs are successful. Madonna obviously has filmed numerous things to come with the album and maybe just wanted something more commercial. I am very interested to see if the Madame X concept is cohesive in its narrative or just different looks with the eye patch. I am intrigued as always, I just hope it all comes together 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

I think her (and her team) general hope is for #1 dance for Medellin, and a #1 debut for the album...at this point we have 3 songs that will be getting played in gay bars all across the country (with two more coming future and soltera) whereas we would've just had one first single had it been any other era ...all this hate for a simple video to a gorgeous pop ballad when that's absolutely ok for a song like this is crazy after she delivered Medellin. Like what does everyone want? 

Exactly. It's a simple video that will fit nicely into the lead up of album release. Would they prefer no video?

Just now, JWAD said:

I don't think the video requires a big budget, it can be beautiful and effective. I do agree with the over-bleaching but she's been doing this since Express Yourself and SO does not need it.

If you look at mostly what is on Vevo and the music channels, it all low budget basic videos (people dancing, garish outfits, people drinking, partying) and these songs are successful. Madonna obviously has filmed numerous things to come with the album and maybe just wanted something more commercial. I am very interested to see if the Madame X concept is cohesive in its narrative or just different looks with the eye patch. I am intrigued as always, I just hope it all comes together 

I think it all fits into play nicely so far. The fact Madame X encompasses so many identities, at least the narrative is believable (And interesting) for all these looks (which are stunning. All of them)

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

But I wonder when will she release the beach video, the trans video? After the album? Will there be 5-6 videos like old times (I wish)? Or will it be a video album? I obviously overreacted cause I really love Crave and I want it to be a success.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Well, its great if she would release them. Thats what I need to know. 

So tweet guy and stop complaining about everything she does every step of the way because it isn't to your satisfaction and it's based on an expectation that was never given a release date but you just assume you're gonna get what you want....what if what she shot in Lisbon is a trap or hip hop song with a little guitar influence that has a Fado feeling but ultimately it's a very current sounding song...like what then ...I'm guessing "FUCK THAT SHIT FOOTAGE...SHOULDVE NEVER BEEN SHOT" ...we've never had an era where every week we get a new song and enjoy cool viduals, interviews, magazine shoot and yet everyone is screaming at everyone about each release not being good enough and how horrible everything is ...like wow this era sucks only if you're on the side of hating eveeytnjng.so far everything is beautifully rolled out. We had a magnificent video with Medellin and now gonna get a chill vibes sexy pop ballad of video...I'm so happy! Sucks to be you and everyone else who hates her mumbling trap, trend chasing persona 

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

The director is Nuno Xico

Yup! He's from Portugal but NYC based now. He's worked on some of the MDNA Skin campaigns and did some of those videos made in Morocco for Madonna's birthday.

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

The director is Nuno Xico. 

Good I'm glad she given him a chance to do a music video. His short films and behind the scenes work for her have been great

So tweet guy and stop complaining about everything she does every step of the way because it isn't to your satisfaction and it's based on an expectation that was never given a release date but you just assume you're gonna get what you want....what if what she shot in Lisbon is a trap or hip hop song with a little guitar influence that has a Fado feeling but ultimately it's a very current sounding song...like what then ...I'm guessing "FUCK THAT SHIT FOOTAGE...SHOULDVE NEVER BEEN SHOT" ...we've never had an era where every week we get a new song and enjoy cool viduals, interviews, magazine shoot and yet everyone is screaming at everyone about each release not being good enough and how horrible everything is ...like wow this era sucks only if you're on the side of hating eveeytnjng.so far everything is beautifully rolled out. We had a magnificent video with Medellin and now gonna get a chill vibes sexy pop ballad of video...I'm so happy! Sucks to be you and everyone else who hates her mumbling trap, trend chasing persona 

But I love Crave the song? Ok, I guess you speak general...

But I wonder when will she release the beach video, the trans video? After the album? Will there be 5-6 videos like old times (I wish)? Or will it be a video album? I obviously overreacted cause I really love Crave and I want it to be a success.

The only success it will have is if you are on the beach playing it drinking margaritas with friends and dancing and taking video and staring out at sea and being grateful that Madonna OF ALL THE OTHER POP ICONS is still with us delivering music that sounds fresh but still is the M we always loved and know! 

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

What about disco stomper? 😁

Just now, elijah said:

But I love Crave the song? Ok, I guess you speak general...

Yes it's not necessarily towards you...it is in general. It's just overwhelming...this is the worst era I've encountered and it's becoming the most refreshing of the last decade of her career which is most frustrating .

Just now, side_streets said:

What about disco stomper? 😁

I swear I hope there's no dance song and she cancels the video for crave and any further videos...we'd be lucky to have gotten such a big budget for Medellin and she can release a live performance video when the tour starts as another single...

10 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

I think it all fits into play nicely so far. The fact Madame X encompasses so many identities, at least the narrative is believable (And interesting) for all these looks (which are stunning. All of them)

I would love a video album so that the different stories can be told and then have some form of conclusion for each one. I want to know how she got the eye patch, what happened to her marriage to Maluma... It's all very intriguing

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

@elijah thought it was directed by Jonas (one of my fav directors).

No no I confirmed like a million pages back it was him...he's lovely and was a perfectionist so I feel even more compelled to defend it even as a simple video. So much fucking work. 

No no I confirmed like a million pages back it was him...he's lovely and was a perfectionist so I feel even more compelled to defend it even as a simple video. So much fucking work. 

Yes! I love what he did for the I Rise video too.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

But blowing money on a big budget video isn't going guarantee its success.  Why can't we just have a care free fun video too?  It's not like she's no stranger to that concept when it comes to her songs and videos. When did we get to the point that every song has to be deeply meaningful and have this high budget story cinematic video?   Whatever she shot in the past, will eventually come forth.  I am not going to pretend I know what's going on here, but I do know I'm enjoying the hell out of this era.  We've never been on a ride like this in such a short span of time with new music being released on a weekly basis with all sorts of visuals.  Let it play out, and just enjoy it. 

The only confusion I have is that I thought that shortly before Medellin was released, we already knew several songs were going to be released before the album's release, and I had thought we knew "Crave" was among them?  I don't care if it's a lower budget video, but it's odd that with all the video shot over the last several months, nothing was done for "Crave"?  Possibly they weren't thinking to make it a single, but maybe enough people around her heard it and convinced her that was the song to really push to radio? 

Just now, AlanLongoria said:

I love Crave but it's no Medellin for me.

I feel like they are so different from eachother that I can't compare them. Medellin is much more experimental which is what I love about M ....so it's naturally my fav but I rise is beautiful and closes the album perfectly and crave is so undeniably sexy and fresh for M ...I'm just loving it all and I dont think any of it gives us a scope on the actual record fully. 

9 minutes ago, Mensch said:

what if what she shot in Lisbon is a trap or hip hop song with a little guitar influence that has a Fado feeling but ultimately it's a very current sounding song...

🤭

Just now, Mensch said:

I feel like they are so different from eachother that I can't compare them. Medellin is much more experimental which is what I love about M ....so it's naturally my fav but I rise is beautiful and closes the album perfectly and crave is so undeniably sexy and fresh for M ...I'm just loving it all and I dont think any of it gives us a scope on the actual record fully. 

Oh I fully agree, it's very hard to compare. I tend to lean on up tempo music because I love exercising and I'm just vibrant in general, plus I'm Mexican and we love it when artists pander to us lol. I really love Crave, catchiest chorus in ages, but Medellin is just next level.

3 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I don't care if it's a lower budget video, but it's odd that with all the video shot over the last several months, nothing was done for "Crave"?  Possibly they weren't thinking to make it a single, but maybe enough people around her heard it and convinced her that was the song to really push to radio? 

I m thinking the same.

25 minutes ago, elijah said:

Why do I sound ridiculous? Cause I expected she would release the high budget videos we know she shot? Oh, ok.

They want to push Crave on the radio, it's obvious it wasn't planned initally, ok it seems a lil bit away from the image of this era, but she's def releasing Batuka video and the video with drag queens, so we need to be patient, it's a second single, we're def getting more than 3 singles this year and that's amazing

She tagged nuno xico, so he directed it or he did the editing