"Crave" thread

A lot of heartfelt and in depth and positive reaction videos on youtube. Lots of people are loving MADAME X. 

Guest eroticerotic

After skimming a lot of the comments about the song  it doesn’t seem like anyone “hates” this song or the other two. All three are pretty in their own way and production is great. I think maybe why these for most part have been growers and require repeated listens to appreciate is that perhaps, we were all expecting more of a Portuguese avant garde mirwais dominated sound? So most of us were prepared for that and we haven’t really gotten that yet. There’s that initial confusion to muddle through.

i think also the anticipation over the last four years made a lot of people expect big song anthems.

Once people get past the misleading expectations I’m sure they will appreciate the songs more.

im trying not to react too too much until I hear the full album. 😁

Sorry, but the video looks CHEAP. I agree with Robster: she has been shooting so much last like 4 months: the church in Portugal, the monastery, the beach scenes... What for and why would the video look so uneventful yet again??? And now we will get her in a garage, bleached without recognition in another video with no replay value? Too bad, cause the song is great and it could have been a success, but it NEEDED to be uplifted by a great video. I guess we are getting another Celebration like video. Is Jonas the fucking director again? I swear she has killed her video career. How was she able to shot 4-5 high budget and interesting videos for Bedtime Story and ROL? And where is the outdoorsy footage for the video or the trans video???? I think smth drastically changed here and its so bad that the best song sofar would not even be given a chance.

P.S. I hope I m surprised and the video has storyline and is interesting BUT it doesn't seem like it. And she DOESNT need this cheap bleaching. She looks great. 

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Sorry, but the video looks CHEAP. I agree with Robster: she has been shooting so much last like 4 months: the church in Portugal, the monastery, the beach scenes... What for and why would the video look so uneventful yet again??? And now we will get her in a garage, bleached without recognition in another video with no replay value? Too bad, cause the song is great and it could have been a success, but it NEEDED to be uplifted by a great video. I guess we are getting another Celebration like video. Is Jonas the fucking director again? I swear she has killed her video career. How was she able to shot 4-5 high budget and interesting videos for Bedtime Story and ROL? And where is the outdoorsy footage for the video or the trans video???? I think smth drastically changed here and its so bad that the best song sofar would not even be given a chance.

P.S. I hope I m surprised and the video has storyline and is interesting BUT it doesn't seem like it. And she DOESNT need this cheap bleaching. She looks great. 

I think she's building hype around her album by generating positive buzz with really great commercial stuff to then only drop a fucking bomb on us on june 14th with the album release. 

From everything I've gathered from that Vogue article it seems like Madame X is going to be very controversial- At least thats my impression

Just now, runa said:

:doh:

:abuse: Could you stop monitoring when smb (and me of course EVERY FUCKING TIME) says smth that contradicts your views and like ... enjoy yourself. You act like the granny from your building who has tons of time on her hands monitoring your every move. Its absurd at this point.

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Too much assumptions about the video. Wait for the full thing. This is a preview.

Well, ok. They are in a garage, no storyline and she is bleached like in LFL video. They have left the good parts off the trailer??? Ok. I hope so. And thats her best shot at a hit.

1) She looks gorgeous

2) Medellin was a latin infused pop reggaeton track. Rise is a classic Madonna ballad. Crave is a mid tempo Fado infused/R&B/trap/pop. I don't know how anyone can say the three tracks are similar. You may not like them but there is nothing similar about the three. It is the global album she calls it. I am proud. 

What would have been typical and generic is the first single being that disco dance banger you all want. That's typical Madonna the last decade. You didn't get that and some can't cope so they act like these three tracks are mediocre. They are not and save for the politics and strange charts, she should be ruling with all three right now.

11 minutes ago, elijah said:

Wow. Meltdown alert! We haven't seen the video! Let's not judge yet.

Just now, elijah said:

Well, ok. They are in a garage, no storyline and she is bleached like in LFL video. They have left the good parts off the trailer??? Ok. I hope so. And thats her best shot at a hit.

Let's wait and see. The video doesn't have to have a storyline. It can be beautiful, yet simple like"Fever"and "Love don't live here anymore" videos for example. ❤️

7 minutes ago, elijah said:

:abuse: Could you stop monitoring when smb (and me of course EVERY FUCKING TIME) says smth that contradicts your views and like ... enjoy yourself. You act like the granny from your building who has tons of time on her hands monitoring your every move. Its absurd at this point.

Keep saying dumb things and I will keep reacting. :doh:

#sorrynotsorry

4 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Let's wait and see. The video doesn't have to have a storyline. It can be beautiful, yet simple like"Fever"and "Love don't live here anymore" videos for example. ❤️

Well I have watched LDLHA like 3 times. No replay value unlike videos like Frozen, TPOG etc. Unfortunately with a low budget video she won't have the streaming numbers of Medellin which would hurt the chart potential of Crave. And Crave should have had big budget video, especially now that is pushed to radio. But oh well.

4 minutes ago, runa said:

Keep saying dumb things and I will keep reacting. :doh:

#sorrynotsorry

All you do is monitoring others like a kindergarten teacher. Enjoy your life. Plus its your definition of dumb, not a fact.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Well I have watched LDLHA like 3 times. No replay value unlike videos like Frozen, TPOG etc. Unfortunately with a low budget video she won't have the streaming numbers of Medellin which would heart the chart potential of Crave. And Crave should have had big budget video.

Well, you have point there, but let's just wait for a little bit! I would also prefer big budget video for Crave, because the song is amazing. 

I thought the imagery looked great for Crave. In reality, a big budget video or whatever she does, including the ESC, WILL NOT give her the hit everyone is so desperate for. I wish we could all relax and enjoy the era as it is, with no expectations and drama. We are so lucky that she is actually working so hard to give us what we already have for this era. She has nothing to prove and all the critiques and GP who thinks she is too old and should retire can piss right off. 

1 minute ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I thought the imagery looked great for Crave. In reality, a big budget video or whatever she does, including the ESC, WILL NOT give her the hit everyone is so desperate for. I wish we could all relax and enjoy the era as it is, with no expectations and drama. We are so lucky that she is actually working so hard to give us what we already have for this era. She has nothing to prove and all the critiques and GP who thinks she is too old and should retire can piss right off. 

But where is all the great outdoorsy footage she was shooting for 4 months? What would it be used for if not for promoting her music??? Will it be used only for the tour??? If thats the case, well...

2 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

This! ❤️ 

23 minutes ago, elijah said:

15 minutes ago, elijah said:

You sound RIDICULOUS. Save the hysterics till you’ve seen the whole video.

Just now, Ven Conmigo said:

You sound RIDICULOUS. Save the hysterics till you’ve seen the whole video.

Why do I sound ridiculous? Cause I expected she would release the high budget videos we know she shot? Oh, ok.

Why do I sound ridiculous? Cause I expected she would release the high budget videos we know she shot? Oh, ok

Which she's still releasing...not on your schedule as far as she's concerned. 

But where is all the great outdoorsy footage she was shooting for 4 months? What would it be used for if not for promoting her music??? Will it be used only for the tour??? If thats the case, well...

Probably they will be used somewhere. We all know so little about anything forthcoming. Even the insiders. We don’t even know what the hell she’ll perform in ESC. Let’s be patient and wait for the era to unfold as she wants it. But most importantly, we have to stop expecting this chart success, including me, which only gives me disappointment and takes away the enjoyment of her music and visuals. I don’t need this negativity in my life when I can enjoy so much she is giving. It just ruins it for myself. 

1 minute ago, smirnoff_ice said:

a big budget video or whatever she does, including the ESC, WILL NOT give her the hit everyone is so desperate for.

Exactly my thoughts. She can’t spend as much as for Medellin on all next videos. In a perfect world she’d have unlimited budget on all videos, but that’s not gonna happen. We’re lucky her videos don’t have product placement like so many other singers. 

I just want Swae Lee and her in a few shots, not like Nicki Minaj in the TV screens in BIM.