"Crave" thread

Don't be mad at me this is Just a question, but why she's wearing eyepatch? What's the point? It was cool for Medelline video but now she's going to wear it in every music video and public appearance? Maybe I don't know something,  all this meaning behind this?

4 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Don't be mad at me this is Just a question, but why she's wearing eyepatch? What's the point? It was cool for Medelline video but now she's going to wear it in every music video and public appearance? Maybe I don't know something,  all this meaning behind this?

I guess it's her new "grillz"?

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
13 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Love when she takes that breath. So cool. 

Doesn't seem she is wanting any of us to come up for air with the way she's rolling everything out. 

21 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Love the flow of the editing, she looks great and I adore the use of colour and b/w. I think it's going to be a music video which is both simple and beautifully shot. 

19 hours ago, Kim said:

They all sound so great on headphones. I hope we get instrumental leaks of this album. The arrangements are so interesting, intricate yet effortless.

The arrangements of the three released tracks are just superb - can't wait to hear more

35 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

The video looks beautiful. Simple yet effective. And I'm sure Madonna has enjoyed it a lot! That's what she likes the more, moving with a black wall behind her :lol: . I confess I love it too. 

1 minute ago, ketchup said:

I wonder if this video will be the origin story of Madame X, since she is wearing the eye patch in some scenes and not others. 

It's been told that in one scene she stumbles and then she goes to the eye doctor 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

More contrast? She's released three different styles, each of one in the antipodes of the other! 

I'm not hearing 3 different styles but ok.

11 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Video looks simple and she looks gorgeous and everything, but nowhere near as epic as the Medellín experience...but let’s see 

i don't think she was going for epic video here.... simple is good.  maybe the next one is more wild.  

25 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Video looks simple and she looks gorgeous and everything, but nowhere near as epic as the Medellín experience...but let’s see 

This is a video that was made very quickly and cheaply in Vegas after the BBMA so I wouldn't expect too much from it...

Why people have to think too literaly?  I think it was pretty clear the concept of Madame X..  She's a cha cha cha instructor, a mother, a hore, a singer.. She could be anyone of them..  For some reason they decided to give her an "X" and the eyepatch for the look of Madame X 🙄 

That's why you will see it in Medellin on the cha cha cha instructor, on the bride, in the roof of NY in Crave, and probably in the others videos.. 

Because Madame X is every one of them..  Is a simbol!!  

Just now, bb8977 said:

This is a video that was made very quickly and cheaply in Vegas after the BBMA so I wouldn't expect too much from it...

Yeah, this seems to be a more Give It 2 Me style video, which can be cool and fun. At least we seem to have another more epic video coming at some point from whatever the mystery drag queen/dance/political (aka Killers Who Are Partying, Future, God Control,  Come Alive lol) video is

I really hope there's rooftop shots in color cause she looked glorious. Also I feel like they have just been non-stop editing since Monday and having everything fall in place for Tuesday's shoot and same for Wednesday...but hot damn, they moved fast! Anyway def simple... 

3 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

It was shot in Manhattan...

It feels so random and last minute. With everything she's been shooting over the last couple of months for this album. I really don't get why this was so rushed and last minute, seems like they shifted tactics in some kind of way. It feels weird! She does look glorious though, wish I liked the song more...

2 minutes ago, robster said:

It feels so random and last minute. With everything she's been shooting over the last couple of months for this album. I really don't get why this was so rushed and last minute, seems like they shifted tactics in some kind of way. It feels weird! She does look glorious though, wish I liked the song more...

That's true but we've also been spoiled a little! The Medellin video did only come out on April 24 after all. Perhaps there was just indecision about what to choose for the second single?

3 minutes ago, robster said:

I think whatever that video was shot for with the drag queens was either going to be the 1st or 2nd single, then they changed the plan.

The interview with that Maverick guy made it seem like they were torn between Medellin and Crave as first single so they always knew Crave was coming next. The video could all come down to scheduling issues or whatever else.

Anyway, loved the colour snippets in the youtube video much more than the overdone black and white in this new clip.

2 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I think whatever that video was shot for with the drag queens was either going to be the 1st or 2nd single, then they changed the plan.

that seems like that might be what happened. if there's a gun/political element to that song, they might have had second thoughts.

40 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

epic isn't always better. this kind of song doesn't really want or need a big production.