"Crave" thread

Just now, ABB2015 said:

It’s 00:05 on the 10th May- I need that song!! Been nursing my last glass of red so I can put my headphones in and get lost in its richness! I’ve had the 15 second preview on for the last two hours, I need to know what the rest sounds like....😂😂😂

Jesting aside, do we know when it’s available for download?! I’m thirsty!

From Thursday midnight in your timezonene

12 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yeah well she made a name for herself throughout the 90s and early 2000s for evolving into not only a pop legend but also having incredible vision with her music. Erotica, Bedtime Stories, and Ray of Light are incredibly different pieces of work and dabbled in multiple genres and are still credited today as career highlights. That was a sign of her creative confidence at the time. I also don’t buy this idea that her early stuff was generic. If that were true, no one would remember it and she wouldn’t be Madonna. Hard Candy was not generic (1-2 of the songs sucked, sure, and that was cuz there was too little Madonna and too much Pharrell or Timbaland) Who knows  the consensus reason why general public had a milquetoast reaction to RH & MDNA but she wasn’t doing herself too many favors by letting that gaggle of producers take the reigns on those projects. You can hear it with your own ears on some songs. Doesn’t mean they were total failures, but I don’t know if they’re near the top of any Madonna fans favorite albums. 

Madonna is at her best when she’s very confident and self assured. You can hear it on Erotica just as much as you can hear it on Music or Hard Candy. None of those albums sound remotely similar and yet the quality is top notch.

You’re absolutely right regarding her self-confidence, which is why I adore Crave. I hear plenty of it. 

Just for the record, I would never have qualified anything Madonna did as generic. I simply mentioned that the producers of her first two albums had signature sounds that had been applied to multiple other productions by other artists pre-Madonna. 

I begin to think that people like to hate Madonna. They are ready to dislike what Madonna does. crave is a great song. If this song was Beyonce's song, people would have praised it. They blame Madonna for her age. As she is old, does she has to remember the past like other old singers, or just sing like La Vien Rose with your guitar in a middle-aged lady outfit?

The day will come when people will appreciate the way Madonna is doing. I am proud of Madonna fighting against ageism.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! It’s a hit...fucking pop genius!!!! 

If radio plays this - if radio plays this- IF RADIO PLAYS THIS it will be a fucking smash!

omg the pop melody, this is classic Madonna in a future pop way! 

Craaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaaa-ve, cz your the one I crave, my cravings get dangerous!

Ok. I listened to a 30 sec clip (forgive me I have sinned! Lol). I feel I will like Crave. Still Medellin tops the other two songs. Yes, Crave is entirely US material, and yes, she's singing in that particular style that suits the current US top 40 radio. However I still think I will end up enjoying this one. Looking forward to hear it complete.

Omg , crave is beautiful. I love it . I was worried when everybody kept comparing it to the music off bedtime stories as that’s my 2nd least favourite album of madonnas after Horrible Candy . 

Anyway if this was release by anyone else it would be no.1 everywhere . I do still love Medellin but this is equally as good .  Still don’t get I rise , that will be skipped 

3 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

If radio plays this - if radio plays this- IF RADIO PLAYS THIS it will be a fucking smash!

It would be insane not to perform this at Eurovision?!? OMG I’m gagging- it’s perfection! 

4 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Amen. It’s great isn’t it 

4 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

👍You got your comment for the YouTube ready!!! And, sooo agree with you.

5 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

It's on swae lees YouTube

His team is on the ball...

6 minutes ago, rekha said:

His team is on the ball...

Or a savvy move? He gets a LOT of streams 

10 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

It's on swae lees YouTube

not is US yet... you guys are soooo lucky!

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

2.4k on YouTube not sure if that's good at this time lol 

it's only on swae lee's channel

I still remember this video with the two of them playing around in the studio…

Still listening to it...no song has made me bop in bed like this in a hundred zillion years! 

the guy from Interscope who said that Medellin was chosen as 1st single as it set the tone for the album is spot on, If Medellin was 2nd/3rd it wouldn’t have felt as good cuz we would have had Crave already!

Medellin is an excellent piece of pop by the way😉

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I still remember this video with the two of them playing around in the studio…

Wow I’ve never seen that! He was loving Into The Groove🤣 bet he wasn’t even born when it was released!

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
51 minutes ago, Carey said:

but she's also a pop artist so i don't get the criticism of her working with popular producers? did it produce nothing but rubbish? absolutely not.

thing is, lets say she went completely experimental and left field, the vast majority would be complaining that it's not commercial enough to get a hit, she goes too commercial (MDNA) and she's desperate to be relevant and lost her touch.

some of you just cannot accept that this is what she wants to do, if it's not for you then that's totally okay and valid but i don't get the endless complaints about it. Don't get me wrong, it's fine not to like something and critique but when it becomes a thesis statement for how "something happened" to her artistic prowess, no, maybe you and madonna just drifted apart? it happens when an artist stays true to themselves and doesn't rest on the laurels that got them millions of fans.

people want madonna to do what THEY think madonna ought to be doing and we've all been around the fan block long enough to know that's a losing game so embrace it or move on.

You really nailed it!  On one hand, I do think Madonna struggles with wanting to remain commercially successful, but she seems to have always done it under her own terms.  I never felt she was necessarily trying to appeal only to her fan base.  Sometimes she played it a little safe, but I think that was just to stay commercially successful longer.  Though for the most part, she always flirted with making something slightly familiar into something her own.  

A lot of her 80's classics were satisfying what appealed to the general public, commercially.  She took advantage of  what was popular, her youth and  used her unique style to play that card.  By the end of that decade into the next, she started to experiment more with her music, sound and image. 

Certainly, so much more made her the icon she is today, but I've always seen her as a mix bag from the very start of her career.  She locked into a sound that was popular in the 80's and rode that wave until she was popular enough to start taking more chances.  But anyone that famous knows they have to waver back and forth to stay commercially appealing.  Still, I think anything she has done, it's under her terms and not necessarily to appeal to just her fans or any particular group of people.

46 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

Ok. I listened to a 30 sec clip (forgive me I have sinned! Lol). I feel I will like Crave. Still Medellin tops the other two songs. Yes, Crave is entirely US material, and yes, she's singing in that particular style that suits the current US top 40 radio. However I still think I will end up enjoying this one. Looking forward to hear it complete.

I only heard the 30 second snippet as well. Agree with many fans about how it sounds very current with potential to be well liked by the GP.. 

Do feel like I can't judge how much I will personally like it until I hear the entire track.

1 hour ago, Carey said:

but she's also a pop artist so i don't get the criticism of her working with popular producers? did it produce nothing but rubbish? absolutely not.

thing is, lets say she went completely experimental and left field, the vast majority would be complaining that it's not commercial enough to get a hit, she goes too commercial (MDNA) and she's desperate to be relevant and lost her touch.

some of you just cannot accept that this is what she wants to do, if it's not for you then that's totally okay and valid but i don't get the endless complaints about it. Don't get me wrong, it's fine not to like something and critique but when it becomes a thesis statement for how "something happened" to her artistic prowess, no, maybe you and madonna just drifted apart? it happens when an artist stays true to themselves and doesn't rest on the laurels that got them millions of fans.

people want madonna to do what THEY think madonna ought to be doing and we've all been around the fan block long enough to know that's a losing game so embrace it or move on.

Can this just be pinned at the top of the forum somewhere?? 

2 hours ago, madmex said:

Exactyl!  That's why many fans consider Confessions the latest ultimate Madonna.     ....... ROF .... MUSIC ... AL .. COTF .. and then something happened.

Seriously, why are you even here at this point? What happened is YOU got stuck on one version of Madonna and think that's the "ultimate" Madonna. NEWS FLASH: EVERYONE thinks their favorite version of Madonna is the "real" or "ultimate" Madonna. Do you know how many times I've heard/read that "something happened" after 1990?? That anything after Vogue is garbage? Definitely not necessary to like everything she does but seriously......it's been 14 yrs......your Lady Of The Manor/Disco Queen is gone!  Either go and listen to '98-'05 Madonna on repeat or MOVE ALONG and try to embrace what she does now. If you can't do that, then you can't do that, fair enough. But why do you stick around basically just to say in many different ways "she's just not that good anymore".....because in a nutshell, that's 90% of what you say on this forum.

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

This thread is depressing. 

yes it is - they are all, in fact

I was looking at the poll results, and some people put horrible or bad to every song... must be sad to be them, :lol: