Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Everything from this era is sounding a little too Rebel Hearty to me.

Well, thanks to Mike Dean, Diplo, Jason and Billboard... but we have Mirwais too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

Everything from this era is sounding a little too Rebel Hearty to me.

I d like to hear more in the line of Davil Pray, RH (demo), Inside Out, Hold Tight, Joan Of Arc. Sofar non of the songs we have heard is on their level, in my opinion. And yes, RH is a great record!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unapologetic is my alarm song since 2015. One of ma top 10 Madonna songs ever so. If future is near that I’m beyond excited 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean UB is cute but is not it for me, it sounds like a Rihanna or Shakira and I find great that she tried a Jamaican/reggae style but another song in the same vibe with a rapper 👀.

6 hours to find out...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a fan of UB but from the very low quality clip we have from Future, seems rather different.

Yes, the songs are very Rebel Heartish...still. We have a lot more songs to listen until then!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3 songs released so far don't sound like Rebel heart album at all to me.  Shows we all hear things differently.

  Medellin is totally different from any Madonna song I have ever heard and the only song I think could be considered similar to any of the songs on Rebel Heart  would be maybe Best Night with Crave.  Even then, they don't sound alike.   They are pretty different but have that same kind of  laid back sexual type groove going on.   I have not heard Future yet so can't comment but as yet,  ,I don't find the 3 songs I have heard are similar to songs from previous albums.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm worried if the rehearsal clip I've heard is real.  It does sound very Rebel Heart with a featured rapper.  Until now I had liked every song released.  Hoping its fake

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The 3 songs released so far don't sound like Rebel heart album at all to me.  Shows we all hear things differently.

  Medellin is totally different from any Madonna song I have ever heard and the only song I think could be considered similar to any of the songs on Rebel Heart  would be maybe Best Night with Crave.  Even then, they don't sound alike.   They are pretty different but have that same kind of  laid back sexual type groove going on.   I have not heard Future yet so can't comment but as yet,  ,I don't find the 3 songs I have heard are similar to songs from previous albums.  

Medellín ins the only one I don't find similar to things she did on RH.

And I LOOOOOVE Medellín. And Crave. For some reason, I Rise did not touch me as much as Crave did.

I have a feeling I'll love Future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Humberto77rj said:

Medellín ins the only one I don't find similar to things she did on RH.

And I LOOOOOVE Medellín. And Crave. For some reason, I Rise did not touch me as much as Crave did.

I have a feeling I'll love Future.

  I Rise did not reach me either (  really happy for those that love it though :thumbsup: ) 

 Still,  part of loving Madonna is knowing that all of her albums are going to be diverse and we all are going to have favourite songs - some people will adore a song and others will adore another song altogether.   Part of the fun of being a Madonna fan and would not want it any other way.  She is the ultimate pop artist but is also different and interesting enough to have different sounds and different songs that reach us in different ways.   I love Medellin so much but others don't love it.  It is all a matter of personal taste but we know that she is always going to have songs on every album that we love.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

I'm worried if the rehearsal clip I've heard is real.  It does sound very Rebel Heart with a featured rapper.  Until now I had liked every song released.  Hoping its fake

It’s not fake. Future is a jamaican dancehall song with Diplo and Quavo. It is exactly what you’re expecting to be. Don’t hold your breath for surprises.

But for those who think that Future or I Rise are too Rebel Hearty (and they are, for sure, but Rebel Heart was a very good album) there’s a lot more in Madame X. We’ve only heard 1 of the 7 songs from Mirwais. Our perception on the album will change. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

It’s not fake. Future is a jamaican dancehall song with Diplo and Quavo. It is exactly what you’re expecting to be. Don’t hold your breath for surprises.

But for those who think that Future or I Rise are too Rebel Hearty (and they are, for sure, but Rebel Heart was a very good album) there’s a lot more in Madame X. We’ve only heard 1 of the 7 songs from Mirwais. Our perception on the album will change. 

 

So far the songs from the album are good  , I love Crave the most and I play both Medellín & I rise too . To me it s clear she s gonna serve a whole new perspective of her vision with the unrealisead tracks coming , there s a lot she s gonna serve . No other longeve Artist is on her-his way like M ....maybe Bjork is another one , I love their honest approach and passione in their works

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robster said:

3 more hours untill New Zealand gets the song!

Jealous of NZ’ers right now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh so this one will start popping up online soon when New Zealand gets it at midnight there in a few hours. Following the recent song releases and leaks, let me remind you clueless teacups ahead of time:

Do not post unofficial links! Do not ask for unofficial links or advice where to find unofficial links! Do not ask for PMs to get unofficial links! Don’t even hint it! The only links that are allowed to be posted are official links to either legally stream or legally purchase the track! Those who disobey this will be suspended and banned. If you are cheap just be a little patient till the official audio video gets posted on YouTube.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The 3 songs released so far don't sound like Rebel heart album at all to me.  Shows we all hear things differently.

  Medellin is totally different from any Madonna song I have ever heard and the only song I think could be considered similar to any of the songs on Rebel Heart  would be maybe Best Night with Crave.  Even then, they don't sound alike.   They are pretty different but have that same kind of  laid back sexual type groove going on.   I have not heard Future yet so can't comment but as yet,  ,I don't find the 3 songs I have heard are similar to songs from previous albums.  

Totally agree with you. Crave kind of reminds me of Best Night. Other than that, neither of the songs sound like anything on Rebel Heart. They’re actually very experimental and something completely different from anything Madonna has ever done before. This is why all these songs catch us by surprise and it takes them time to “grow” on us. It is because Madonna sounds so freakishly different. Something we’re not used to. And personally I’m here for it!! Love this era! It is a breath of fresh air! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours from now the majority of Europe will get the official song in their iTunes pre-order. Mere hours away from another new track! Hard to believe we will then already have 1 quarter of the album already. With another track also incoming "Soltera" and a MAJOR new performance on saturday!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Andyrs said:

Am I the only one who still thinks every song from Madame X will be different?

I also have this feeling/impression. At first, when we heard concrete infos about the producers and direction of the album, I was a little unsure because we didn't get the feeling that it would be a "cohesive" album, but now that we understand the concept behind it I think it is an amazing idea having different styles and sounds on it. I am really looking forward to hearing the songs on Madame X 🙂

Edited by Geiger83
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, robster said:

13 hours from now the majority of Europe will get the official song in their iTunes pre-order. Mere hours away from another new track! Hard to believe we will then already have 1 quarter of the album already. With another track also incoming "Soltera" and a MAJOR new performance on saturday!

This has been an amazing era with something to look forward to every few days. Personally I love a new song every week because then i have the time for each song to sink in. When is Soltera out officially?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

This has been an amazing era with something to look forward to every few days. Personally I love a new song every week because then i have the time for each song to sink in. When is Soltera out officially?

Friday. Tommorow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, robster said:

possibly also in 2,5 hours time in New Zealand!

Yes baby in other time zones (+ Soltera):

London 3.30 pm
Paris 4.30 pm
New york 10.30 am

Support the single on Friday!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Shaun said:

None of these songs have sounded like Rebel Heart. And all three have been ace.

To me, I Rise sounds a bit Rebel Heartish, but much, much better produced and mastered. 

So, the cohesiveness that we’re all after, in the end, might have more to do with (1) the flawless production, (2) the way she’s using her voice (vulnerable or asserive, depending on what she wants to convey) and (3) the fact that she’s not trying too hard. The three tracks don’t sound desperate or trend-chasing. Yes, she’s singing with younger partners, but from the point of view of the woman she has become. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

The three tracks don’t sound desperate or trend-chasing.

Which track of RH did sound that way though? With the possible exception of BIM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

To me, I Rise sounds a bit Rebel Heartish, but much, much better produced and mastered. 

So, the cohesiveness that we’re all after, in the end, might have more to do with (1) the flawless production, (2) the way she’s using her voice (vulnerable or asserive, depending on what she wants to convey) and (3) the fact that she’s not trying too hard. The three tracks don’t sound desperate or trend-chasing. Yes, she’s singing with younger partners, but from the point of view of the woman she has become. 

I also feel I Rise sounds a little like RH, but as you say, with flawless production. I love it btw. Regarding "cohesiveness" now I am pretty convinced it is a very good idea having different sounds and styles in the album. It fits perfectly the concept of Madam X. And so far I really think the features work very well, much better then in RH, MDNA and even Hard Candy. Medellin is pure joy. Crave is not my cup of tea but she and Swae Lee sound very good together. I am sure the other features will also be organic. I am not a fan of Anitta but I am sure she and Madge will sound good and I am looking forward to listening to Madge's version of Faz Gostoso. I personally don't like funk carioca, but Faz Gostoso (the original version) is good and with a Mike Dean production it will sound probably more "international". Future is soon available and I am open to it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...