The "Future" thread

8 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I'm not gonna lie...I was expecting to hate it because it's not a genre I like, and the Quavo feature...but I actually like it a lot! The trumpets are great, and the bridge is amazing (like always).

This is exactly how I feel. I was secretly beginning to think I would hate it for the same reasons, but the song totally got me. 

I'm really happy with the song. The album is not shaping to be what I imagined but with each single I'm surprised in a good way. I know the vocals are heavily processed but her singing has so much character and attitude in these songs and I don't know if you guys will agree with me but the chorus and the way she sings it brings me back to the ''Erotica'' days. And I love how her vocals sort of blend into the music, as if they were also an instrument. With each single I'm more and more excited. And to think that we still haven't heard what Mirwais has brought to the table apart from Medellin, I kind of think those songs will be the core of the album.

This song totally surprised me. This album is full of gems. I could dance to this and Medellin forever

I love this song. It's so catchy. And just as I expected, most gays who expected another confessions, hate it! I'm so happy she is doing what she wants to do artistically.

I can't stand fans who attach to the past. I obviously love Madonna's past work (a lot) but I am beyond grateful that she keeps looking forward. People forget that is not possible to replicate the past and should learn to look to the "Future". Confessions 2.0. Erotica 2.0, Ray of Light 2.0, not only will never happen but Madonna should also never try to do it and she is right. Madame X is the proof (even without having listened to the whole album)

35 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

Holy fuck what an insufferably irritating man

What a very insensitive thing to say. 

I played it a few times earlier but was too distracted to appreciate it fully. I’ve played it again now and it sounds FUCKING AMAZING! It’s extraordinary and out of this world!

Love it. The lyrics. The trumpets. The Don't Tell Me reference. I think Madame X will end up being one of my favorite albums of all time. And to think she's this far in her career and can still produce such incredible music. While I loved RH (top 3 for me) this era keeps blowing me away. It's a reminder why I love her so much. There is no one like her.

12 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I can’t wait for that ALBUM! 

Its still almost a month away 😫

Wanting

NEEDING!!!!!!

waiting, for you, to justify my love (for Madame X) 🤣

can't wait for the album either! I pre-ordered the double CD Deluxe Version and the Vinyl (besides iTunes too)!

What a fun video this could be. 

Madame X as a saint, like a gatekeeper of sorts, in heaven, deciding who gets to see the future (=the afterlife) because of what they learned from the past and who doesn’t. 

Anyway, Twitter is loving the song so far. 

Is it just me or are all these songs slowly creating the Madame X album universe...it’s slowly becoming more clear. All these different sonic genres meshed with a solid production and her knack for melodies, to fuse together a “futuristic world” record...

i think this is the best use of a new vocal technique+vocoder. It was hard to digest but the more you listen, the more ambitious and experimental it feels. 

20 hours ago, side_streets said:

Is the album continuous mix like Confessions? The start of Future is the end of the previous song obviously. 

Maybe it's like "Dear Jessie" and "Oh Father". Not every song but some songs 

17 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Is it just me or are all these songs slowly creating the Madame X album universe...it’s slowly becoming more clear. All these different sonic genres meshed with a solid production and her knack for melodies, to fuse together a “futuristic world” record...

i think this is the best use of a new vocal technique+vocoder. It was hard to digest but the more you listen, the more ambitious and experimental it feels. 

+1