The "Future" thread

Future is the video shot in LA, so it is a dance song produce by Diplo and with Quavo on it. So, for all of you waiting for a dance floor banger... it's coming...next Friday. 

I would not expect a video release until after the video of the live performance at Eurovision cools down in views on YouTube. For a while, we will enjoy the Crave video world wide.

9 minutes ago, Cesky said:

It's produced by Diplo as mentioned in the press release.

Mirwais has 7 writing credits on the album: Medellin, Dark Ballet, God Control, Batuka, Killers Who are Partying, Extreme Occident, and I Don't Search I Find. I would assume he produced these 7 for sure.

Starrah had 6 credits: Future (produced by Diplo), Crave (produced by Mike Dean and Billboard), Crazy, Come Alive, Searching for Mercy, I Rise (produced by Billboard). I would assume the ones we don't know were produced by Mike Dean and/or Billboard, although Diplo or even Mirwais might be possible.

The two other songs are Faz Gostoso, which is a cover and could be produced by anyone but I think it's rumored to be Mirwais, and Bitch I'm Loca, which I'm gonna assume is produced by Diplo but who knows. 

So that would something like 8 with Mirwais, 5 with Mike Dean and/or Billboard, and 2 with Diplo. 

Thanks so much for the summary, interesting stuff. Looking forward to the Mirwais stuff the most but been pleasantly surprised by the Starrah stuff as well. 🙏🏻  I like how she’s trying (and successfully at that) a range of different sounds this era. 

But did you guys notice that so far M has co-produced each and every song?

This might explain why these tracks sound so fresh and so different. It feels like, I don’t know, they give you space to breathe. 

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

is Diplo really the only producer on "future"? 

We don't have full production credits, but the press release said: "co-produced by Diplo." I'm assuming Madonna is co-producer on all tracks

2 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

This might explain why these tracks sound so fresh and so different. It feels like, I don’t know, they give you space to breathe. 

But that has been the case for years! 

24 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

But that has been the case for years! 

Exactly. Pretty much every song since the True Blue Era.

4 hours ago, Cesky said:

Mirwais has 7 writing credits on the album: Medellin, Dark Ballet, God Control, Batuka, Killers Who are Partying, Extreme Occident, and I Don't Search I Find. I would assume he produced these 7 for sure.

Starrah had 6 credits: Future (produced by Diplo), Crave (produced by Mike Dean and Billboard), Crazy, Come Alive, Searching for Mercy, I Rise (produced by Billboard). I would assume the ones we don't know were produced by Mike Dean and/or Billboard, although Diplo or even Mirwais might be possible.

The two other songs are Faz Gostoso, which is a cover and could be produced by anyone but I think it's rumored to be Mirwais, and Bitch I'm Loca, which I'm gonna assume is produced by Diplo but who knows. 

So that would something like 8 with Mirwais, 5 with Mike Dean and/or Billboard, and 2 with Diplo. 

Thanks for the great summary!

I have lived all three tracks that have been released so far!

Do you guys think she will have at least one ballad per usual?  I know most want a dance floor banger but I would love one classic Madonna ballad as well.

Excited for Future!

On 5/8/2019 at 6:07 AM, Je5u5 said:

Let's not go there 🤣

I partially hope that the "disco banger" (if any) is the Anitta collab. The reactions will be epic.

But seriously I think that was for "Killers".

This one will definitely not be it.

As I enjoyed "Unapologetic Bitch" and she clearly liked it a lot as well I actually am looking forward to it.

The one with Anitta is a cover of another song and won't be disco at all.

9 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

:confused: She has been a co-producer for like 95% of her music since True Blue

6 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

The one with Anitta is a cover of another song and won't be disco at all.

🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, Cesky said:

Faz Gostoso - Mike Dean was in the studio with them, so I believe Mike Dean is a co-producer of Faz Gostoso. Someone said DJ Tropkillaz was there also. Plus original writers Carmo, Nuno, Oliveira, Seabra, Vieira, Rodrigues & Madonna Ciccone

Bitch I'm Loca - Rojas is a music producer, so I would say L. D’Elia, JAMES, Rodriguez & Rojas

36 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Faz Gostoso - Mike Dean was in the studio with them, so I believe Mike Dean is a co-producer of Faz Gostoso. Someone said DJ Tropkillaz was there also. Plus original writers Carmo, Nuno, Oliveira, Seabra, Vieira, Rodrigues & Madonna Ciccone

Bitch I'm Loca - Rojas is a music producer, so I would say L. D’Elia, JAMES, Rodriguez & Rojas

Edgar Barrera co-produced Bitch I'm Loca

13 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Edgar Barrera co-produced Bitch I'm Loca

I know he's a writer, he is a cowriter of Medelin, so maybe he produced Bitch I'm Loca also among the others

9 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

I know he's a writer, he is a cowriter of Medelin, so maybe he produced Bitch I'm Loca also among the others

Wasn't he the producer of Maluma and since its a duet with him, he has probably produced his parts? I think thats the case for Medellin.

6 minutes ago, elijah said:

Wasn't he the producer of Maluma and since its a duet with him, he has probably produced his parts? I think thats the case for Medellin.

I've seen this

Songwriters: Madonna, Maluma, Ahmadzaï, Barrera
Producers: Madonna & Mirwais

51 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

lol no it’s not. 

North America! Sorry, I get confused with what it's still in the hands of the Empire. But South America certainly is not! hahaha

14 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

I thought Edgar co-produced Mellellin too?