Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

By now I don’t get worried when I read “fans” hating on a newly released song because I’ve loved everything she’s released this era so far, and I cannot wait to hear Future at midnight. I’m sure I’ll love it.

Same here! I like almost everything she’s ever done due to her great voice and gift for hooks and melodies.  Have loved the three songs so far!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, JWAD said:

That's a classic and iconic photo which fits the song. More effort went into the design of Vogue than someone putting a red tone on a photo and placing text in the middle. She probably did herself on the plane on the way to Tel Aviv using an app 😜

 

C20E361C-13F4-49AE-9D89-6BF85D139919.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

It's interesting that it takes a couple of listens before I really get into these new songs.  They all have been so different from one another.  With "Future", I'm really loving vocal effects and how she manipulates her vocals on this track.  From the very first listen, it screamed a Diplo production.  While I'm not bothered much about Quavo's part, his rap is pretty typical of what you hear in most any other song which includes rap.  Still, I do like the production on Madonna.  It's a fun song, especially the more you listen to it.  "Crave" is still the stand-out track for me of the releases so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
23 minutes ago, JWAD said:

That's a classic and iconic photo which fits the song. More effort went into the design of Vogue than someone putting a red tone on a photo and placing text in the middle. She probably did herself on the plane on the way to Tel Aviv using an app 😜

Yes, but to be fair, this isn't supposed to be a single?  It's just another song being released from the album for promotional purposes.  It's not supposed to be treated like a typical single with a visual.  I don't expect much these days even with singles since we are in the digital age.  If this was all happening with physical releases, I'd probably understand why some fans take issue.  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Yes, but to be fair, this isn't supposed to be a single?  It's just another song being released from the album for promotional purposes.  It's not supposed to be treated like a typical single with a visual.  I don't expect much these days even with singles since we are in the digital age.  If this was all happening with physical releases, I'd probably understand why some fans take issue.  😉

It's still on all platforms and will be performed at Eurovision. I Rise has a great cover why not this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
Just now, JWAD said:

It's still on all platforms and will be performed at Eurovision. I Rise has a great cover why not this?

I just don't see it as something we should meltdown over, that's all I'm saying.  We're getting so much more from her than we have in a long while. I'm just grateful that she's working hard in getting her music out there even though she isn't getting support from the music industry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not crazy about Future at all, but I can see this song finding an audience out there.

And this will continue to increase the number of YT subscribers and Spotify listeners, who will potentially give the album a try. At the end of the day, far more people  from different walks of life and maybe ages might end up having access to the “less commercial” songs on the album than they would otherwise. 

I think the big picture is looking good, and there seems to be a masterplan this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

I'm confused. Why will Madonna sing a non-single on Eurovision?

'Cause Bitch, she's Madonna

 

Love Future.

Medellín > Crave/Future >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I Rise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I just don't see it as something we should meltdown over, that's all I'm saying.  We're getting so much more from her than we have in a long while. I'm just grateful that she's working hard in getting her music out there even though she isn't getting support from the music industry.

Who's having a meltdown? It's an observation. The single cover is poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone noticed the Don't Tell Me reference? "Tell the sun not to shine, cause you said so." 😍😍

Edited by Fitho
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's catchy, sounds a lot better turned up on good headphones I've found in my brief experience of the song. And I like the instrumental. Quavo doesn't seem that much of a presence imo. 

I'm not sure about how it'll sound at Eurovision but whatever. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Future on the first listen. Summery, simple and sticks to your brain like glue. I like the message as well. We live in time where a big part of the world seem to want to go back in time instead of moving towards the future. Trump, Brexit, Abortion laws, right wing populism... Bravo Madonna for mixing pop and politics yet again! No other female pop star would ever dare to be as politicial as her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, loveperanders said:

I really like Future on the first listen. Summery, simple and sticks to your brain like glue. I like the message as well. We live in time where a big part of the world seem to want to go back in time instead of moving towards the future. Trump, Brexit, Abortion laws, right wing populism... Bravo Madonna for mixing pop and politics yet again! No other female pop star would ever dare to be as politicial as her. 

This 👏

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still not too crazy about it after giving it a full listen.I like the idea of Madonna exploring the Reggae genre, but something about the track is not my thing. The trumpets are a great addition though. I'm very curious to see how the track translates on stage........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard it. So many beeps and boops and layers. It's a serious message but a jolly sound. Brava!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Damn, now I'm addicted this song. It has such a cool vibe!  It's expresses a great message throughout.  What a ride this era has been so far.  I can't wait to see how she translates this song on stage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I'm not gonna lie...I was expecting to hate it because it's not a genre I like, and the Quavo feature...but I actually like it a lot! The trumpets are great, and the bridge is amazing (like always).

I love the bridge the most!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was worried about Quavo and Future and it turns out to be the best track yet for me! :chuckle:

Love the Don't Tell Me reference but funny that it's not on one of the Mirwais tracks.

I haven't heard the new Maluma track yet, will wait until next week so I have something new to listen to!

Link to post
Share on other sites

there's nothing like her.

mariah stays in her lane, janet hasn't evolved in over 15 years and sadly her other 80s peers are no longer with us.

here she is at almost 61 and 40 years into her career and making music that is fresh, new and nothing like she's ever attempted.

 

she's beyond an artist to me at this point, the woman is a revolution. People are gonna look back on this part of her career in 30 years time and realise how ahead of the curve she was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carey said:

there's nothing like her.

mariah stays in her lane, janet hasn't evolved in over 15 years and sadly her other 80s peers are no longer with us.

here she is at almost 61 and 40 years into her career and making music that is fresh, new and nothing like she's ever attempted.

 

she's beyond an artist to me at this point, the woman is a revolution. People are gonna look back on this part of her career in 30 years time and realise how ahead of the curve she was.

Agree x 1,000,000.  Xoxox

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Carey said:

there's nothing like her.

mariah stays in her lane, janet hasn't evolved in over 15 years and sadly her other 80s peers are no longer with us.

here she is at almost 61 and 40 years into her career and making music that is fresh, new and nothing like she's ever attempted.

 

she's beyond an artist to me at this point, the woman is a revolution. People are gonna look back on this part of her career in 30 years time and realise how ahead of the curve she was.

Scream this from every rooftop!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...