The "Future" thread

3 minutes ago, Humberto77rj said:

Maybe now they're doing the "2 different singles" thing.

Crave for US, Future for Europe, Latin America, etc.

Future hasn't been confirmed as a single like Crave has. 

She's just chosen to perform it tonight.

3 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Looks stunning. Don't spoil it with the eyepatch QUEEN.

3 minutes ago, elijah said:

Future sounds like an odd choice for Europe. Was reggae ever big here?

It's odd indeed!

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

That would make sense but I guess that's now being viewed as old skool thinking.

Yes how very old skool to suggest actually performing a good song from your new album to 200 million possible record buyers....

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Looks stunning. Don't spoil it with the eyepatch QUEEN.

It's odd indeed!

GOD. she looks gorgeous. I can't! 

Just now, Kim said:

Yes how very old skool to suggest actually performing a good song from your new album to 200 million possible record buyers....

I know but pour me that champagne rose. 🤩

Just now, Confessit said:

I know but pour me that champagne rose. 🤩

And I got that strawberry vodka in especially as well....😉

I'll be hitting the wine soon...

18 minutes ago, Kim said:

So maybe CRAVE should have been performed tonight (with Swae Lee on screens if not available)? :think:

Perhaps it's about the message instead of the single promotion. I can see Future integrated in a statement performance, Crave not so much.

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

And I got that strawberry vodka in especially as well....😉

I'll be hitting the wine soon...

Ohh you going out after? Where are you in the UK any gay bar parties post-event?

5 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

Perhaps it's about the message instead of the single promotion. I can see Future integrated in a statement performance, Crave not so much.

Which takes us full circle to the original question of whether they would be smart enough to capitalize on the huge commercial opportunity given them or piss it up a wall. 

8 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Ohh you going out after? Where are you in the UK any gay bar parties post-event?

Nah, staying in (with a small refreshment). Out drinking two nights in a row leaves me half dead these days.

11 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

It’s a risky choice IMHO.

I like the song, but was not love at first listening as I rise. It’s not an easy one to the GP.

On the other hand, I just try to imagine what other surprises are coming with the album.

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

Which takes us full circle to the original question of whether they would be smart enough to capitalize on the huge commercial opportunity given them or piss it up a wall. 

Nah, staying in (with a small refreshment). Out drinking two nights in a row leaves me half dead these days.

Agree, naturally.

Future actually sounds better Live ! 

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Madonna should upload this on her Vevo! 

Maybe the contract she was forced to sign prevents her from doing so.

I have to say, I *am* disappointed that there is no official upload from Eurovision. Most people who were familiar indicated that Justin Timberlake’s performance was immediately uploaded. I guess this is a way of punishing her for not complying (in their eyes) with the “no political messages” rule.

1 hour ago, peter said:

Maybe the contract she was forced to sign prevents her from doing so.

I have to say, I *am* disappointed that there is no official upload from Eurovision. Most people who were familiar indicated that Justin Timberlake’s performance was immediately uploaded. I guess this is a way of punishing her for not complying (in their eyes) with the “no political messages” rule.

Exactly she would of known by making the political protest the performance was never going to enjoy an offcial upload. The Eurovision has always been marketed as above politics and about the music. 

I am just thankful she didn't break the rules at SuperBowl and she stuck to no politics, that would of been a travesty no offcial upload !

12 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I am just thankful she didn't break the rules at SuperBowl and she stuck to no politics, that would of been a travesty no offcial upload !

Jesus, imagine she'd croxed her way through the Super Bowl and she'd been the one to give the finger? Those giving the condescending sermons this morning from over the pond would have had convulsions 🤣