The "Future" thread

13 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I know this is Future tread, but we need your urgent help. All, there is a contest on a radio station in NY as well to get Crave on the radio... please vote below!

https://twitter.com/New1027/status/1129515745275187201

I know you're doing this with the best intentions in the world, but it's annoying that you make promotional queries in all the discussions. Please stop. Thanks!There is already a thread specifically about this.

17 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I know this is Future tread, but we need your urgent help. All, there is a contest on a radio station in NY as well to get Crave on the radio... please vote below!

It’s not gonna win against Justin Bieber. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s over 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I can’t believe how amazing this song is! ❤️ But I knew it was going to be divisive as soon as I heard it! Not for the confessions fans! 

The thing is that any fan who has been following her and enjoying her for many years if not decades knows that for the most part, her work changes from album to album.  While I see a bit of similarity between this song and "Unapologetic Bitch" and even "Bitch, I'm Madonna", you still hear an evolution of sound going on.  This song is probably the closest to what you've heard from REBEL HEART.   Still, there is a lot to this song and the previous releases, that do not sound the same as what you hear from REBEL HEART. 

Very few artists can do what Madonna does. She may not be the radio sweetheart anymore and charting, but she's still evolving and sounding very current if not ahead of the curve.

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

33 minutes ago, Mensch said:

It’s not gonna win against Justin Bieber. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s over 

You are giving up too easy! We still have 19 hours of voting... we can at least get close, and we are already ahead of Shawn Mendes and Lil Nas X & Billy Ray! YAY

There are actually two contest right now... one for NY and one for LA station. VOTE at the links below.

https://twitter.com/1043MYfm/status/1129567802036113408

Here is what Steve just shared with us on the Crave video tread just now:

Steve.JPG

11 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Exactly! This is the exact same reason I always felt she used it for Music (and parts of AL too). She's been around almost 40 yrs.....through 13 albums and literally hundreds of live performances, we KNOW she can sing.....it's always been obvious the vocoder or "autotune" is used as a production enhancement. I feel like in most cases, it's worked wonderfully too. It's fitting she'd go back to this on a predominately Mirwais co-produced album too.

You are spot on the money. I’ve always loved the use of the vocoder on her voice. I don’t understand why fans don’t like it, we got 20 years of albums with her non treated vocals. Go listen to them if your not digging Madame X.

4 hours ago, Martin B. said:

I know you're doing this with the best intentions in the world, but it's annoying that you make promotional queries in all the discussions. Please stop. Thanks!There is already a thread specifically about this.

Agreed, it's really annoying although well intentioned.

As for Future, it is a soulful, joyous feast with a message. The horns are everything, and this is the first release off MX since Medellin that has the world music vibe she has implied the album will deliver.

Unapologetic Bitch - a song I have a lot of appreciation for - sounds almost anemic in comparison.

1 hour ago, Foolio said:

As for Future, it is a soulful, joyous feast with a message. The horns are everything, and this is the first release off MX since Medellin that has the world music vibe she has implied the album will deliver.

Yes, I played Medellín followed by Future and they fit perfectly; smooth gorgeous midtempos with hot world music beats at their core. So cohesive, and I hope Batuka, Faz Gostoso, Bitch I'm Loca and maybe some more will fit too into that description of future global music album.

Edited by JohnnyUtah

6 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Agree. ><

My love for Medellin has not been surpassed yet, but I certainly do enjoy "Future", more than I have I Rise and Crave which are still not favorites of mine. I think this song is a great choice for tonight's performance, I like its rhythm and vibe, it will be absolutely delightful to watch being performed live! Reggaetondonna may not be to everyone's cup of tea, but is not bad at all to me.

14 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Since I’m a fan of reggae, I wouldn’t mind a full album of this genre with Madame X. 

It's surprising for me to see how well this new direction suits her. Much of Madame X reminds me of Grace Jones latest albums that I love very much.

I wonder if they already filmed a music video for Future.. 

Because they film God control (L. A Theater) in 2 days, Medellin 2 days, Crave 2 days..

But Batuka 4 days 🤔 

Now she post a pic from the church when she was filming Batuka with Emmanuel Adjei ..  

IMG_20190518_075552.jpg

IMG_20190518_075438.jpg

Screenshot_20190518-080041.jpg

36 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

I wonder if they already filmed a music video for Future.. 

Because they film God control (L. A Theater) in 2 days, Medellin 2 days, Crave 2 days..

But Batuka 4 days 🤔 

Now she post a pic from the church when she was filming Batuka with Emmanuel Adjei ..  

IMG_20190518_075552.jpg

IMG_20190518_075438.jpg

Screenshot_20190518-080041.jpg

Do we know the video in the theratre with the queens is God Control now then ?

I do think they'll be a video for Future, I don't think she just randomly picked it to showcase at tonight's Eurovision just because. 

I think Future will get a push following the exposure tonight.

Is future single or not !?!?! I heard it on radio this morning and she told that madonna will perform this song at Eurovision Song Contest. She also told about the album... I think Madonna will be helped by Eurovision 

Edited by Sideris

Just now, Sideris said:

Is future single or not !?!?! I heard it on radio this morning and she told that madonna will perform this song at Eurovision Song Contest. 

Personally I think it will be.

But there's no confirmation of a video or anything yet but she says taking the song to the biggest gig of the Madame X era.....so the song is about to be heard by 100s of millions so it would make sense to follow it up with the full single treatment.

But we still haven't had the Crave music video yet.....but perhaps by the time the album drops next month we will have a video for both Crave and Furure.

Just because she performs "Future" tonight doesn't mean it's a single. "I Rise" got released and it's not a single. It's the other way around too. There are many singles she has never performed live.

Future is infectious.  The more I hear it, the more I love it.  It gets inside if you.