The "Future" thread

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yep. The drag video and probably the third single. 

We need an insider...  Ru Paul's Drag Race. 🙂 Anyone friends with one of the drag queens?

20 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Interesting Instagram story today... is the LA shot video for Future?

Image-1.jpg

IMG_6866.PNG

I think it's the overall message of the album.

42 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

So far all 4 songs are really different but very cohesive at the same time with the concept of the album.

Diplo is one of my favorite producers. He always bring something extra for her. This songs sounds AMAZING with loud speakers. The production is amazing. 

Completely agree with you!!!!

48 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

This. I don’t have the feeling they/she use vocoder to just use vocoder like a lot of act because they can’t sing. It has a purpose. For experimental reason of course. To fit a bit more into the modern pop that is full of it and to give Madame X many voices because she’s everyone. It is meant to be destabilizing and to just try something different at the end. 

Exactly! This is the exact same reason I always felt she used it for Music (and parts of AL too). She's been around almost 40 yrs.....through 13 albums and literally hundreds of live performances, we KNOW she can sing.....it's always been obvious the vocoder or "autotune" is used as a production enhancement. I feel like in most cases, it's worked wonderfully too. It's fitting she'd go back to this on a predominately Mirwais co-produced album too.

41 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yep. The drag video and probably the third single. 

But there is nothing political about the song. Was Quavo in LA during shooting?

So Diplo is the producer! That's why I felt Unapologettic Bitch vibes on it. I love reggaedonna and I can't get the chorus out of my head since last night.

4 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I don't agreed. I think there is a political message in the lyrics. I think of minorities as the "future". Drag Queens and other minorities in the video for this song will make a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Thank God someone else loves I Rise!  It’s definitely getting less love than the other songs from many.  I think it’s amazing and put it just barely below Crave!  I love all four songs!

”I know you see the tragic in it just hold on to the little bit of magic in it” is classic Madonna!

I love I Rise too. Definitely my favorite so far. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, the-queen said:

The song kicks ass and is catchy as hell. I love all four songs. Well done to Madonna.

A Future/Bitch I’m Madonna mashup would be cool to hear.

I’m thinking for the tour she’ll mesh this with Don’t Tell me .

anyways I’m feeling this track I had to listen to it several times to get the feels - but damn Madonna is killing it right now - major props 

21 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

There's nothing political about the song? What do you think this song is about?

The snippets we've seen from the Eurovision rehearsals also make it seem like she's taking the performance to a political place.

1 hour ago, CalinB said:

Interesting Instagram story today... is the LA shot video for Future?

Image-1.jpg

IMG_6866.PNG

what is the song called with the drag queens? it doesn't seem to be future.

35 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Have you checked the visuals for the Future performance on her daily Instagram stories? It's political, hopefully not controversial.

40 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I think they are pretty political. "Not everyone is coming to the future, not everyone is learning from the past." To me I'm hearing it like, people are going to die from climate change and gun violence and all the awful situations of the world today because we aren't learning from our past mistakes. "You ain't woke so come get woken, hear the broken...come give life, we only get one so gotta live it right." I think combined with powerful imagery it will make the statement more blatant, but the song itself is definitely a political statement. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

but the song itself is definitely a political statement. 

Yes, it's an invitation to take a stand. If it's not political this.... 🙂

She's saving the "drag queens video disco stomper whatever" for the Pride obviously. I predict a single release around the album launch and my bet is God Control.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

God Control is def the single with the drag queens in video

45 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

only thing is I wish she ended the song and not Quavo

Same and I have to say Quavo is good..all the featurings are good so far..we wait for Anitta. 🙂

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

I know Monet but I don’t have her number and she’s all over the country ATM and she probably wouldn’t tell me shit even if I begged her. 😭🤣

Well if Quavo wasn't there during taping, the video is not for future.