The "Future" thread

1 minute ago, Butter9 said:

You didn't like Candy Shop and Give Me All Your Luvin' ????!!! Actually I only loved Candy Shop from the MDNA tour and to be frank I can live a very happy and contented life not having to hear GMAYL ever again 😂

Am so looking forward to Madame X .

I actually like Candy Shop but I have to be in the right mood 😉I like the beat 🙂GMAYL doesn't belong to my beloved ones though😅

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Agree with all this 👍

Thanks @Kim. Am looking forward to the album though . I don't want to bitch and moan because of a song and the next thing you know we have to wait another 5 years for 

a new album and Madonna will be in her mid 60s. I'm going to enjoy what I can and celebrate one of the greatest ( if not the greatest ) Pop stars ever !

1 minute ago, Butter9 said:

Thanks @Kim. Am looking forward to the album though . I don't want to bitch and moan because of a song and the next thing you know we have to wait another 5 years for 

a new album and Madonna will be in her mid 60s. I'm going to enjoy what I can and celebrate one of the greatest ( if not the greatest ) Pop stars ever !

I am sure the album will be full of songs for each taste and in the end of the day we will all enjoy and cherish Madame X 😉

2 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Oh no, there's definitely nothing moan-worthy been served up so far this album, but it's natural to like some tracks more than others. 

1 minute ago, Geiger83 said:

I actually like Candy Shop but I have to be in the right mood 😉I like the beat 🙂GMAYL doesn't belong to my beloved ones though😅

Candy Shop only connected with me during MDNA tour and I thought the beat was INSANE ( hated it when I first heard it on HC ) and they way she performed it on the tour and RH was amazing .

I just pretended as if GMAYL and Hey You never happen..:madgemanson:

Just now, Kim said:

Oh no, there's definitely nothing moan-worthy been served up so far this album, but it's natural to like some tracks more than others. 

Yes I know but after reading all the rave reviews prior to its release I had high hope but it's just okay for me .

My Ranking:

Crave ( Please let the video be GREAT ! )

Medellin 

I Rise

Future 

3 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

I am sure the album will be full of songs for each taste and in the end of the day we will all enjoy and cherish Madame X 😉

Yes and I can't wait for the tour . I have a feeling the sets / costumes will be SPECTACULAR ! And I for one am glad it's not in a stadium / arena . 

I think this also means she will start on time and it will be like a proper musical  theatre .

Everyone's top 4-5 (or 6 if we include CR 😁) seems to be different. That's a GREAT thing! Everyone has their own preferences but it shows the diversity of the album. Madame X has done good!! 

I'm fuckin OBSESSED with this song. Honestly, idk if it's single material but it's officially my favorite of the songs released so far. 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Honestly, idk if it's single material but it's officially my favorite of the songs released so far. 

Great whores think alike. "Medellín" is a bop, "Crave" is a gem, but FUTURE IS A JAM. 

7 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Great whores think alike. "Medellín" is a bop, "Crave" is a gem, but FUTURE IS A JAM. 

YAS!! Each song released fills a different mood or side of me. This past month has been fabulous. This album roll out as given me life!!!

11 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Haha....perfectly stated CC!!

23 minutes ago, mmmike said:

YAS!! Each song released fills a different mood or side of me. This past month has been fabulous. This album roll out as given me life!!!

Said so perfectly well for how I feel too. I just love this era and may it go on as long as possible. ✨👸🏼👸🏼💃💃

Love that she quotes Don't tell me, one of my all times faves and hopefully we'll get it on the tour as well !

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

So far... 

Crave

Medellín

Future 

I Rise (really don’t like it at all)

Past the initial excitement I was struggling with I Rise (LOVE that the speech is in the beginning....but tired of it after it was in a constant loop with only 2 other songs) but NOW that we've had two more songs (3 if you're brave enough to add Champagne Rose' to your playlist) it really does sound great! On my playlist that goes:

1. Medellin

2. Soltera

3. Future

4. Champagne Rose'

5. Crave

6. I Rise

I Rise sounds pretty fucking great as a "closer".....can only imagine how it's all going to come together once the album is out!

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

So far... 

Crave

Medellín

Future 

I Rise (really don’t like it at all)

This is interesting to me because neither you nor JazzyJan likes I Rise which I would have picked as the favorite of both of you!

Crave is my top as well at this point.

I know that when she sings “You ain’t woke” she is referring to bigots and close minded people but I choose to hear it as her clapping back to the social justice warriors who attack her for every little thing since I don’t feel they are as “woke” as they like to think!

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

I know that when she sings “You ain’t woke” she is referring to bigots and close minded people but I choose to hear it as her clapping back to the social justice warriors who attack her for every little thing since I don’t feel they are as “woke” as they like to think!

Yup! That was actually my first thought when hearing it. 

I seem to be the only one that rates I Rise far higher than Crave! I love both tracks but I get emotional with I Rise. 

Of the four now Future is the fourth, but something tells me that on the long run it'll be among my faves in the album. It's one of those songs that passes the test of time

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I seem to be the only one that rates I Rise far higher than Crave! I love both tracks but I get emotional with I Rise. 

Of the four now Future is the fourth, but something tells me that on the long run it'll be among my faves in the album. It's one of those songs that passes the test of time

Thank God someone else loves I Rise!  It’s definitely getting less love than the other songs from many.  I think it’s amazing and put it just barely below Crave!  I love all four songs!

”I know you see the tragic in it just hold on to the little bit of magic in it” is classic Madonna!

So far all 4 songs are really different but very cohesive at the same time with the concept of the album.

Diplo is one of my favorite producers. He always bring something extra for her. This songs sounds AMAZING with loud speakers. The production is amazing. 

3 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

So far all 4 songs are really different but very cohesive at the same time with the concept of the album.

Diplo is one of my favorite producers. He always bring something extra for her. This songs sounds AMAZING with loud speakers. The production is amazing. 

+1

4 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

My neighbors either really love me or really hate me right now! 

6 hours ago, Mensch said:

Is it just me or are all these songs slowly creating the Madame X album universe...it’s slowly becoming more clear. All these different sonic genres meshed with a solid production and her knack for melodies, to fuse together a “futuristic world” record...

i think this is the best use of a new vocal technique+vocoder. It was hard to digest but the more you listen, the more ambitious and experimental it feels. 

This. I don’t have the feeling they/she use vocoder to just use vocoder like a lot of act because they can’t sing. It has a purpose. For experimental reason of course. To fit a bit more into the modern pop that is full of it and to give Madame X many voices because she’s everyone. It is meant to be destabilizing and to just try something different at the end. 

2 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

This. I don’t have the feeling they/she use vocoder to just use vocoder like a lot of act because they can’t sing. It has a purpose. For experimental reason of course. To fit a bit more into the modern pop that is full of it and to give Madame X many voices because she’s everyone. It is meant to be destabilizing and to just try something different at the end. 

Exactly.  Furthermore, I just don’t notice it on I Rise and Crave. Those songs strike me as having her natural voice although she sings in a different STYLE. Obviously there is vocoder on Medellín and Future.

3 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

I’m with you on this!

6 hours ago, Mensch said:

Is it just me or are all these songs slowly creating the Madame X album universe...it’s slowly becoming more clear. All these different sonic genres meshed with a solid production and her knack for melodies, to fuse together a “futuristic world” record...

i think this is the best use of a new vocal technique+vocoder. It was hard to digest but the more you listen, the more ambitious and experimental it feels. 

Exactly how I feel. This is the era I've been enjoying the most since I became her subject. Everything appeals to me so much. I'm in heaven. Couldn't ask for anything better!