The "Future" thread

the more I listen to it the more I like it. it's great full volume with good earphones

Toronto's top radio station previewed the song today and they were not feeling it, called it "gross" so needless to say it's not going to get any airplay in Toronto 😫

Reactions to Future seems to be quite polarising. Personally, it's the only song I've truly loved so far this era.

From the reggae rhythm to the vocal effects, it's a very Major Lazer-esque song. I love it! Can't wait to see it performed on the big stage.

Edited by medellin

1 minute ago, medellin said:

Reactions to Future seems to be quite polarising. Personally, it's the only song I've truly loved so far this era.

From the reggae rhythm to the vocal effects, it's a very Major Lazer-esque song. I love it! Can't wait to see it performed on the big stage.

Same people who wants another COADF. 

This is a great and refreshing track.

I feel like this might be the most Madame X-y track yet! The influence isn't latin, but we have the world music piece with the dancehall elements. And then really for the first time in the four tracks so far, we get some political themes. I get why sonically some people think this isn't the best fit for Eurovision, but it definitely allows her to make a statement in a way that I'm excited about. 

I predict God Control/Future/Batuka to be a really amazing political, world beat crescendo!

The song kicks ass and is catchy as hell. I love all four songs. Well done to Madonna.

A Future/Bitch I’m Madonna mashup would be cool to hear.

Just now, twannak said:

Not what I was expecting at first listen but after blasting it in the car on the way home, the song is 🔥 LOVE it!

I’m not sure which song is my favorite now. They’re all so good in their own way. 

7 minutes ago, the-queen said:

I’m not sure which song is my favorite now. They’re all so good in their own way. 

Yes I agree 👍🏼

Love all 4 releases so far

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

Is it just me or are all these songs slowly creating the Madame X album universe...it’s slowly becoming more clear. All these different sonic genres meshed with a solid production and her knack for melodies, to fuse together a “futuristic world” record...

i think this is the best use of a new vocal technique+vocoder. It was hard to digest but the more you listen, the more ambitious and experimental it feels. 

I think its just you.

For me the album is just like RH. Amazing and versatile. From reggy Sounds to cha cha beats...

It's just okay for me . Good solid album track but unite Crave & Medellin I won't have it on repeat .

11 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

It's just okay for me . Good solid album track but unite Crave & Medellin I won't have it on repeat .

It is interesting to listen to the different opinions because that is how I feel about Crave. It is well produced and stuff but just okay for me, I know in the "Future" I won't be listening to it very often. Future on the other hand totally got me and I could dance to it and Medellin all day long (a small note: I took me a while to like Medellin but this song is genius. I don't like reggae very much and am not keen on Quavo's music, but Future has this special Madonna touch we all love)

Edited by Geiger83

1 minute ago, Geiger83 said:

It is interesting to listen to the different opinions because that is how I feel about Crave. It is well produced and stuff but just okay for me, I know in the "Future" I won't be listeing to it too much. Future on the other hand totally got me and I could dance to it and Medellin all day long (a small note: I took me a while to like Medellin but this song is genius. I don't like reggae very much and am not keen on Quavo's music, but Future has this special Madonna touch we all love)

It's odd isn't it ??? I have been RAVING about the past 3 songs with Crave being my favourite and Medellin a close second . I was puzzled by Medellin at first as it came on Apple Music so late here in Asia but it's a song that really grows on you . I also miss that Madonna's era when the video helped enhance the song as well and Medellin's video did that for me . I Rise is a very good song but Crave had that vulnerability and the melancholy mood to it. A perfect summer gem for me. Future is too messy for me . I'm not connecting with it emotionally at all. 

I'm find with people having different opinions because this is a forum as long as it's not super negative and of the non-constructive varieties .

1 minute ago, Butter9 said:

It's odd isn't it ??? I have been RAVING about the past 3 songs with Crave being my favourite and Medellin a close second . I was puzzled by Medellin at first as it came on Apple Music so late here in Asia but it's a song that really grows on you . I also miss that Madonna's era when the video helped enhance the song as well and Medellin's video did that for me . I Rise is a very good song but Crave had that vulnerability and the melancholy mood to it. A perfect summer gem for me. Future is too messy for me . I'm not connecting with it emotionally at all. 

I'm find with people having different opinions because this is a forum as long as it's not super negative and of the non-constructive varieties .

Yes, I think it is normal not to like all songs. It is not realistic and it doesn't make anyone a "better" fan. Even in my top three Madonna albums there are songs I don't like very much. Let's see which place Madame X will take 😉 

4 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Yes, I think it is normal not to like all songs. It is not realistic and it doesn't make anyone a "better" fan. Even in my top three Madonna albums there are songs I don't like very much. Let's see which place Madame X will take 😉 

You didn't like Candy Shop and Give Me All Your Luvin' ????!!! Actually I only loved Candy Shop from the MDNA tour and to be frank I can live a very happy and contented life not having to hear GMAYL ever again 😂

Am so looking forward to Madame X .

12 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Agree with all this 👍

I'm loving everything that Madame X has been serving us; Perfectly executed, amazing sounding music. Every song is so different from one another but they're all gorgeous tracks. 

I need more. Now.