The "Future" thread

Goddamn! I was hooked to this three sedonds in. Last time I felt this with an M song was probably.... Music? Dunno! I love Medellin and Crave, but this just got me, love at first sight!

Just listened to it a few times. Terrific production, like all the MX songs so far. Didn't recognize her voice after the intro, which was kinda cool. The chorus is catchy and sticks in your brain. I enjoy the dancehall/reggae vibes, and I think the lyrics are interesting. Main thing lacking for me here is an emotional connection, which Crave & I Rise provide in spades. My least fav of the 4 tracks, but not hating on this tune by any means. Solid album track.

4 minutes ago, juliebean said:

it's after 12 am and there's no way to dl no email. ugh

Was trying to wait for my email too! It came at 12:38A last week for Crave but so far no sign of one for Future. 😞  May have to cave and just listen to the YouTube link if it doesn't come in next few mins.

Like Crave, it’s a grower for me. Wasn’t convinced at first, even though I love reggae. But liking it more and more. The vocal effects take some getting used to. I love how unexpected she sounds on this album. Her peers remain in the psst, she heads to the future. 

16 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

FINALLY she gets dancehall right!!! Really, UB is crap, sorry to those who like it. However, Future is the fucking JAM!!! Is she sorta channeling her inner Manu Chao at some point btw? I think she is! Lol! I loove Future, it has this ska/summer/dancehall vibe that is just so damn infectious. I can see my 18 y.o. self (some moons ago, I must say), wasted and partying until 3 am, jamming to this. Looove it.

I thought the exact same thing when I heard it, my immediate reaction was WOW this is her listening to Manu Chao over and over again to soak it up. If this is one of the appetizers before the main course we are in for a feast

I love it. All tracks are growers.

Her voice sounds different in every track. It's awesome.

I love new experimental Madonna.

Love it when we get new sounds!!!

15 minutes ago, Humberto77rj said:

First thing I thought when I heard it was Celia Cruz.

And that couldn't be better!

Bomba Estéreo came to my mind. Also Manu Chao, Jenny and the Mexicats... a bit of sooo many good things here. 

4 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

I thought the exact same thing when I heard it, my immediate reaction was WOW this is her listening to Manu Chao over and over again to soak it up. If this is one of the appetizers before the main course we are in for a feast

We really are in for a feast! This album is getting better and betterwith each listen.

8 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

Bomba Estéreo came to my mind. Also Manu Chao, Jenny and the Mexicats... a bit of sooo many good things here. 

Yes!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Was trying to wait for my email too! It came at 12:38A last week for Crave but so far no sign of one for Future. 😞  May have to cave and just listen to the YouTube link if it doesn't come in next few mins.

UGH. you know I had the same problem when I pre-ordered the rh live album on itunes. it;s so annoying. I got notification that crave was available when i woke up at 4am. lol

its a great album cut. of course i love it. just kind of the same throughout the song.

i'm digging her voice.

maluma's song with her is fire

44 minutes ago, Blinko said:

I was reading that Soltera is much better than FUTURE... What??? Future is a song with a message with a catchy/memorable chorus that get's stuck in your head! I got addicted to it from first listen...

I don't relate to Soltera yet... But, I just listened to it twice.

I LOOOOOVE when she goes you ain’t WOKE!!! Her voice!!! Omg!! Goddess!!  And then she goes  “...so we gotta live it right” LIKE OMG WTF??? Her voice is so addictive!! 

I love Future!  for now my favorite ..

Soltera better than Future?  please .. do not make me laugh ..

I was really a little scared because Bitch i 'Madonna like it but it was never my favorite song...Future for me is much better .. a different sound .. I like it.

28 minutes ago, juliebean said:

UGH. you know I had the same problem when I pre-ordered the rh live album on itunes. it;s so annoying. I got notification that crave was available when i woke up at 4am. lol

Ain't nobody got time for that! lol I had to cave in and listen on Spotify!

All I can say is Madame X makes some fine music!! This is smooth. Absolutely love how her voice sounds different on each track. She's always had that ability through the years to make me go "omg THAT'S Madonna!?! It sounds nothing like her".......love she hasn't lost that! This is like a fleshed out, more experimental Unapologetic Bitch.....but with a message. The trumpets are a very nice touch!! That hook!! Only Madonna! ❤️

Have to say adding this and Soltera on my Madame X playlist with the other tracks that have already been released is really starting to make this era come together for me sonically. It's all starting to connect for me. I Rise (my least fave so far) even sounds better at the end of all of the other songs.

On fourth listen of Future now and this just may be my favorite yet.....prob a little early to say because my Medellin love is still growing (as is Crave really). This shit is fire!!! 🔥

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Ain't nobody got time for that! lol I had to cave in and listen on Spotify!

All I can say is Madame X makes some fine music!! This is smooth. Absolutely love how her voice sounds different on each track. She's always had that ability through the years to make me go "omg THAT'S Madonna!?! It sounds nothing like her".......love she hasn't lost that! This is like a fleshed out, more experimental Unapologetic Bitch.....but with a message. The trumpets are a very nice touch!! That hook!! Only Madonna! ❤️

Have to say adding this and Soltera on my Madame X playlist with the other tracks that have already been released is really starting to make this era come together for me sonically. It's all starting to connect for me. 

On fourth listen of Future now and this just may be my favorite yet.....prob a little early to say because my Medellin love is still growing (as is Crave really). This shit is fire!!! 🔥

I know it's so annoying. I finally got a notification for Future I love it and I also bought Soltera I love it too. I love everything about the Madame X album it's so different from her other albums each song has a nice beat.

I have to say Future comes in at #2 for me "Medellin is still my #1 favorite that could change. LOL

On first listen... What the FUCK is this shit? Onto my third listen and wanting it played at my funeral to give me my fucking life.

No one else in the same room as this woman. She really is head and shoulders above everyone else in the game 40 years into her career.

I hated first listen, but after that I kind of like it.   I think everything is much better produced than Rebel Heart, and these duets are well done.  I don't understand all the processed vocals when she sounded more natural on Rebel Heart.