The "Future" thread

10 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

Upon more listens, I already like it more and more. I like that this album challenges the first listen litmus test. Many of my favorite M songs across the decades have been ones that I didn’t like at first  listen.

Yes I've had that with all 3 songs so far, although still not too big a fan of I Rise it has grown on me, and I really like the other two.

Gonna wait another 4 hours, 40 mins until I can hear this one. :Disco_Ball:

12 minutes ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

Upon more listens, I already like it more and more. I like that this album challenges the first listen litmus test. Many of my favorite M songs across the decades have been ones that I didn’t like at first  listen.

She truly reinvented herself this time!! And it’s not just her hair lol 

6 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

I personally have loved everything released thus far but this song by far and away is the most fun! Seriously getting Manu Chao vibes on this track. 

Try listening to it in a car on a sunny day ☺️👌🏼

OMG... I love the song!! The snippet I heard so far is amazing!!!

Quavo Links Up With Madonna One More Time On "Future"

Madonna grabs Quavo for her new album.

When Madonna and Quavoinitially linked up for their Quavo Huncho collaboration on "Champagne Rosé," the results were... questionable. The song was ambitious but something about Madonna features on hip-hop albums in 2018 is just offputting. There are those who are fans of the song, which is respectable but its detractors largely outweighed those in favour of the track. Now, people get to form new opinions on the absurd Quavo x Madonna duo because they've just completed another cut for the pop star's upcoming Madame X album. 

Ahead of its release next month, Madonna shared her tracklist with several appearances from Maluma as well as features from Swae Lee, Quavo, and others. After "Champagne Rosé," people were curious to see how Madonna and Quavo would bounce back and they've effectively done so with their new collaboration "Future." The two vocalists sing as if they're living in the future, doing all they can to shape the way music is seen and believing that they're truly the influencers of the world. "Not everyone is coming to the future," says Madonna, forgetting that's she's far removed from her prime.

The song has officially been released in select international markets and it's scheduled to hit shelves worldwide at midnight. Are you feeling this one? Madame X comes out on June 14.

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/quavo-links-up-with-madonna-one-more-time-on-future-new-song.1983005.html

The song is good but I mean ; her voice, until the bridge ?! Sounds not like her at all ! I wonder which effects she used to transform it that way. 

Just now, kaelwent said:

The song is good but I mean ; her voice, until the bridge ?! Sounds not like her at all ! I wonder which effects she used to transform it that way. 

uhhh Maybe she put a slice of meat over the microphone.

Lyrics are out now officially!!! 

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F6fa7d1

Future

Madonna & Quavo

[Intro: Quavo]
Mambo, Huncho

[Chorus: Madonna]
Not everyone is coming to the future
Not everyone is learning from the past
Not everyone can come into the future
Not everyone that's here is gonna last (Gonna last)
Not everyone is coming from the past

[Verse 1: Madonna & Quavo]
You ain't woke, come here, go again
Kill the [?] again, come here, [?]
Can't give life a [?] one
So we gotta live it right (Gotta live it right)
Come in peace, oh
Come to pick an inspiration
Come complete you, [?] rhymes
Positive vibes (Positive vibes)
Open your mind (Open your mind)
Open your eyes (Open your eyes)
Yeah (Yeah)

[Chorus: Madonna & Quavo]
Not everyone is learning from the past
Not everyone is coming to the future (No)
Not everyone is coming from the past (Past)
Not everyone can come into the future (To the future, no)
Not everyone that's here is gonna last (Gonna last, yeah)

[Post-Chorus: Madonna & Quavo]
To the future
Past (Fast)
Future (No, don't)
Last

[Verse 2: Quavo & Madonna]
I already know (Know)
My life is gold (Gold)
I drip that ice (Ice)
I see the signs (Signs)
Just free your mind (Free)
Welcome to the future, it's a culture ride (Ride)
Too much pain inside
It's an override (Yeah, yeah)
You can put in too much [?] trying to survive (Try)
Don't like the person in your class, so you let 'em die
L-L-Let your light shine (Yeah, yeah)

Not everyone is learning from the past (Past)
Not everyone that's here is gonna last (Gonna last, last)
Not everyone is coming to the future (To the future, no)
Not everyone is coming from the past (Past, from the past)

[Post-Chorus: Madonna & Quavo]
Future
[?]
Past
Sparkle
Future

[Bridge: Madonna & Quavo]
We can light up the dark
Everyone has a spark
Don't tell me to stop
'Cause you said so
(Oh, yeah)
Your future is bright (Bright)
Just don't turn off the light (Lights)
Tell the sun not to shine (Bright)
'Cause you said so

Not everyone is learning from the past (Past)

[Post-Chorus: Quavo]
To the future
To the future

[Outro: Quavo]
It's the future where we come from, we are stars
It's the future where we come from, we [?]
It's the future where you gotta pay the cost (The future)
It's the future where you come from, being lost (The future)
It's the future crucifixion on a cross (Woo)
But you know that I'ma rise up above it all, yeah

https://genius.com/Madonna-and-quavo-future-lyrics

1 hour ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

Same!!! The first listen was strange for me, but, now it's starting to grow on me a little (love the Jamaican sound). Though I'm not liking it like the other three songs released.

On third listen now and this is really growing on me. I'm not a huge fan of UB so I wasn't that excited about this one but, for me, it's much stronger. For those complaining about Quavo, I don't get it. He complements the song well and isn't overpowering or distracting.

It needs to be played loud. The chorus is great but I love the first verse as the beat comes in. It's catchy, I think it will go down well with casual Eurovision viewers and I'm looking forward to it live - imagine it will work amazingly in a big venue. Like A Prayer should also segue perfectly into the intro (although they are obviously very different).

I'd say this is my second favourite track so far, after Medellin. As much as it's great hearing the tracks ahead of the release, I can't wait to sit down and listen to the album in full, as intended. I think we'll all have a different perspective on certain songs when we hear them as part of whole.

Edited by Silverfox

I can't recognize her voice for the most part of the song, but that's ok with me. She sounds cool. Madame X is a different woman and a different performer each time. 

58 minutes ago, CalinB said:

When Madonna and Quavoinitially linked up for their Quavo Huncho collaboration on "Champagne Rosé," the results were... questionable. The song was ambitious but something about Madonna features on hip-hop albums in 2018 is just offputting. There are those who are fans of the song, which is respectable but its detractors largely outweighed those in favour of the track. Now, people get to form new opinions on the absurd Quavo x Madonna duo because they've just completed another cut for the pop star's upcoming Madame X album. 

I know it's actually a true statement (sadly) but I will never get why Madonna and hip-hop is so offputting to some people. This implication she doesn't deserve or qualify for a place at the table. It's literally like she must be placed in a box and stay there. She's right when she says people are outraged that she's still around, not dead, not an addict, thriving. 

Future sounds ok with me. Her voice sounds different which I'm not crazy about, but I have to hear the entire track to judge. I can def see how fans who love UB or certain RH tracks will love it.

12 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

I know it's actually a true statement (sadly) but I will never get why Madonna and hip-hop is so offputting to some people. This implication she doesn't deserve or qualify for a place at the table. It's literally like she must be placed in a box and stay there. She's right when she says people are outraged that she's still around, not dead, not an addict, thriving. 

Why is it a “true statement”?

It’s at best a subjective statement, far removed from being a universal truth.

The person who wrote the article could learn some good manners and some bits of professionalism.  To say that she is far from her prime is a poor and sad way of articulating his/her thought about the lyrics of the song. These people are just bad, bad, bad! No need to say more.