The "Future" thread

Just now, Pera said:

it's very reggaeton, kinda like Unapologetic Bitch. her voice has a different effect here

Wasnt it much more midtempo than UB

2 minutes ago, Messiah said:

you can listen to the official iTunes preview if you go to the New Zeeland store.

link for that? That's something you can simply open in a browser, right? I'm not a vpn, changing country kinda guy!

Just now, robster said:

Could you also look up Soltera from Maluma's album?!

I did, but can't preview that one... don't know why.

btw, if you listen to the preview in iTunes app (not in the browser), the preview is longer. šŸ˜‰Ā 

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Which track of RH did sound that way though? With the possible exception of BIM.

I think I was referring to her post-ConfessionsĀ output in general, especially HC and MDNA.Ā 

1 hour ago, Geiger83 said:

Interestingly many people say she was trend-chasing and desperate with Rebel Heart but I don't agree. If she was than rather with MDNA and even Hard Candy (I don't want to start this discussion here btw). Rebel Heart unfortunately suffered a lot due to the massive leaks and it wasn't possible to finish it properly. I feel Madame X is going to redeem RH.

Yeah, I feel the same way.Ā 

Its funny howĀ when RH came out, I loved it to bits, but over time I lost interest. The only song I keep coming back to is Devil Pray, which was my favorite from the get go.Ā 

And now having had a glimpse of what Madame X has in store for us, I can tell itā€™s a different animal - especially in the production/vocal department. RH has strong melodies, but, in hindsight, there seems to be something missing- hard to put my finger on what.Ā 

WHOA to that 30 second itunes preview! Sounds really cool! Yea I get the UB comparisons but there is SO much more going on with this track sonically than UB, listen to those blips and beeps, and what poignant lyrics. She right, not everyone is coming to the future. We have to wake up!! I need this full track right MEOW!Ā 

Itā€˜s interesting! I definitely get the comparisons to UB, though I have to say this feels like UB on steroids lol (in a good way)

Out of the 4 songs we know,Ā itā€˜s so far indeed the most fitting for Eurovision IMO.

4 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

In what respect? Full details please! Lol

Itā€™s like UB but not .... itā€™s like bob marley but 2019 style ... her vocals have an effect ... not autotune... but effectsĀ (itā€™s good)

4 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Yeah, I feel the same way.Ā 

Its funny howĀ when RH came out, I loved it to bits, but over time I lost interest. The only song I keep coming back to is Devil Pray, which was my favorite from the get go.Ā 

And now having had a glimpse of what Madame X has in store for us, I can tell itā€™s a different animal - especially in the production/vocal department. RH has strong melodies, but, in hindsight, there seems to be something missing- hard to put my finger on what.Ā 

I understand how you feel. I think Madonna did her best with RH after the leaks but it didn't turned out to be what she really wanted. I love the album though (except some tracks) and despite its sometimes lousy production. But there are some gems there for me, like Heartbreak City, Devil Pray ( i love it too), Best NIght, Iconic, Inside Out and some more. I am sure Madame X is Madonna's "return" to doing exactly what she wants. In about 10 ours I will be listening to Future and I am beyond curious (without expecting too much)Ā 

45 minutes ago, robster said:

the single cover:

ad59d0bc-995f-4949-b9cf-b7bd03f6b641.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaaat??? I looooooooove it!!!! Hope it is true!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Kilt said:

FutureĀ just goes nowhere. No hook...uhm wish she didn't perform it live on Saturday.

Maybe it will grow on you.

I had the same feeling with Crave when I first listened to it, but now I really like it a lot.