The "Future" thread

Apparently the song is confirmed to be the track Madonna will perform in Eurovision so it's safe to say we need a thread to discuss the song itself.

This might not be Quavo’s only performance in Tel Aviv next week. According to Live Nation, Quavo – who appears on the track “Future” on Madonna’s upcoming album – will also take the stage with the singer during the Eurovision final on May 18. Walla reported last month that Madonna was trying to choose between “Future” and “Dark Ballet” for her Eurovision performance, in addition to her classic hit “Like a Prayer.” Now, it looks like she’s decided – and brought her collaborator with her. 

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Culture/Quavo-of-Migos-announces-surprise-TA-show-589027

im confused? so is there a disco banger or not? cause we thought crave was some catchy song which it isn't (it's still an amazing song though).

3 minutes ago, svperstar said:

This is the one track release I am concerned about. DIplo is a good producer, sure, but Quavo I find insufferable.

Madonna has questionable taste in rappers. Vanilla Ice being the worst of her boy toy collaborators.

35 minutes ago, datf said:

im confused? so is there a disco banger or not? cause we thought crave was some catchy song which it isn't (it's still an amazing song though).

this disco banger is worst rumor ever. Future has already been described as Jamaican dancehall as per the album press release.

43 minutes ago, svperstar said:

This is the one track release I am concerned about. DIplo is a good producer, sure, but Quavo I find insufferable.

I can relate to this.

I love Champagne Rose as a little nice surprise track ! I don't need to hear it performed !

What the hell happened to the disco / anthemic  pride track with drag queens video ????

3 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I know! But I remember a lot of people here praising it to death! 

I didn't believe any of them. just being honest. Hey You is a masterpiece compared to that trash

18 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I know! But I remember a lot of people here praising it to death! 

I thought that it was fun.

So next week on the 17th we’ve got “The Future” and another collab with Maluma to look forward to followed by 3 weeks of silence until “Dark Ballet” on Jun 7?

3 minutes ago, Andra said:

So future is gonna sound like one of those songs, here is a playlist of "dancehall" songs

Unapologetic Bitch is a dancehall song. MIA's first albums were also influenced by dancehall.

Almost 20 complaints on something we havent heard. 

I like quavos music. I like champagne rosé .   That's my game! 

There seems to be something for everyone on this album and it all seems to blend so far. Just look on the crave threads people moaning about swae Lee then suddenly he has a beautiful voice and it blends so well with Ms. Just wait. 

Also - you ain't ever gunna get another gambler. Madonna has always been current the music isn't bad just because you don't keep up with trends. 

Now. Please fill my cup.

1 hour ago, side_streets said:

How is even possible to hate the song which hasn't been released yet? 

Everything is possible. Do not forget that some people start to hate a song not yet recorded when Madonna is seen in a studio with a producer they do not like.:lol:

8 hours ago, erotica blu said:

Madonna has questionable taste in rappers. Vanilla Ice being the worst of her boy toy collaborators.

She wasn't interested in his music 🍆

7 hours ago, Butter9 said:

What the hell happened to the disco / anthemic  pride track????

Let's not go there 🤣

I partially hope that the "disco banger" (if any) is the Anitta collab. The reactions will be epic.

But seriously I think that was for "Killers".

This one will definitely not be it.

As I enjoyed "Unapologetic Bitch" and she clearly liked it a lot as well I actually am looking forward to it.

41 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Everything is possible. Do not forget that some people start to hate a song not yet recorded when Madonna is seen in a studio with a producer they do not like.:lol:

:lmao:

Even Madonna had to defend Starrah from the stupid fans. And now many of them are surely fingering their pussies while listening to I Rise. 

8 hours ago, datf said:

crave is a catchy song, thank you

49 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Let's not go there 🤣

I partially hope that the "disco banger" (if any) is the Anitta collab. The reactions will be epic.

But seriously I think that was for "Killers".

This one will definitely not be it.

As I enjoyed "Unapologetic Bitch" and she clearly liked it a lot as well I actually am looking forward to it.

After hearing Crave ( I did not high hope for that AT ALL ! ) and loving it .

Am really looking forward to this . In the past I'd never really much cared for Madonna's tracks that featured rappers ( even BIM) but \

Crave changed all that for me . It's so smooth . Personally I prefer UB over BIM ( sorry ! ) and I hope this track stays true to its rumour ( being dancehall ).

24 minutes ago, Disintegration said:

Sorry I could probably find this out somewhere if I looked properly, but wanted to know if Mirwais worked on this song ? Is it just Diplo/Quavo?

It's produced by Diplo as mentioned in the press release.

Mirwais has 7 writing credits on the album: Medellin, Dark Ballet, God Control, Batuka, Killers Who are Partying, Extreme Occident, and I Don't Search I Find. I would assume he produced these 7 for sure.

Starrah had 6 credits: Future (produced by Diplo), Crave (produced by Mike Dean and Billboard), Crazy, Come Alive, Searching for Mercy, I Rise (produced by Billboard). I would assume the ones we don't know were produced by Mike Dean and/or Billboard, although Diplo or even Mirwais might be possible.

The two other songs are Faz Gostoso, which is a cover and could be produced by anyone but I think it's rumored to be Mirwais, and Bitch I'm Loca, which I'm gonna assume is produced by Diplo but who knows. 

So that would something like 8 with Mirwais, 5 with Mike Dean and/or Billboard, and 2 with Diplo.