STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

The cunt has been banned so it's all good now! 

Yes! Exactly! Btw did you miss the part where I shared that my little niece has been watching Medellín on the loop? Like, no offense to you at all, but you don’t need to be telling me that people care lol I KNOW people care! It’s the best time to be alive and enjoy this incredible era!! The Medellín video is the best so far in 2019 and there is so much more to come!! Madame X is about to slay everyone!! 

6 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Rammstein got 12 mil views in 2 days, that Becky girl & Maluma video got 40 mil in 7 days, Medellin is just not a strong choice and it's not a straight-forward hit with catchy chorus, I can't wait to see the performance and the video for the second single ❤️

Here we go again. People always say that if her song doesn't chart. 😂

Just now, side_streets said:

No, that was my opinion about the song from the start, but I enjoyed the video

5 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Rammstein got 12 mil views in 2 days, that Becky girl & Maluma video got 40 mil in 7 days, Medellin is just not a strong choice and it's not a straight-forward hit with catchy chorus, I can't wait to see the performance and the video for the second single ❤️

At this rate M is doing far better than Jennifer Lopez whose new video was uploaded 3 weeks ago. And just in a matter of hours, "Medellín" will have higher views than Kylie's "Dancing" which is 1 year old :newspaper:

Just now, M_Sinner said:

No, that was my opinion about the song from the start, but I enjoyed the video

Well, I like the song and the video too and I don't mind her choice in this case.

5 hours ago, imakicola said:

Blame it on the Gen Z’s. many of them haven’t heard of Madonna. 

Oh everyone has at least HEARD of Madonna, Gen Z just aren't fans of her

5 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Yes! Exactly! Btw did you miss the part where I shared that my little niece has been watching Medellín on the loop? Like, no offense to you at all, but you don’t need to be telling me that people care lol I KNOW people care! It’s the best time to be alive and enjoy this incredible era!! The Medellín video is the best so far in 2019 and there is so much more to come!! Madame X is about to slay everyone!! 

Cuntypatra, yes. That wonderful bit on your 7 yo niece is planted fimly in the Madonna folder of my memory. No worries 👍 :lol:

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

Oh everyone has at least HEARD of Madonna, Gen Z just aren't fans of her

Yes we get it they want her to die now. Do you get paid by moaning every fucking day on this forum about how unpopular Madonna is? 

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

And honestly, M is not trying to chart! We all have figured that out from the start. If she was trying to chase charts, she’d be collaborating with yet another overhyped current American star. But Maluma is very unknown in USA unless you’re a Latino. And most Americans find it hard to get into songs in different languages, considering Medellín is literally half in Spanish. Obviously Madonna simply enjoyed making this song and other songs yet to be revealed on the album influenced by Latin music. With that being said, Medellín is one of the most beautiful songs M has ever made and as a fan I’m enjoying it a lot! Really can’t wait to listen to the album!! 

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Cuntypatra, yes. That wonderful bit on your 7 yo niece is planted fimly in the Madonna folder of my memory. No worries 👍 :lol:

Canty Coffin glad you’ve calmed your titties 😁👍🏼

2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Yes we get it they want her to die now. Do you get paid by moaning every fucking day on this forum about how unpopular Madonna is? 

Huh? I was replying to someone who made the RIDICULOUS claim that many people from Generation Z , born from 1995 onwards hadn't even HEARD of Madonna, which is a lie and absurd

I work with Gen Z ers and they ALL know who Madonna is and recognize she's a legend, they're just not her core fanbase, which would make sense, I never once said Madonna was unpopular, she's still extremely popular for an older Artist

40 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

And honestly, M is not trying to chart! We all have figured that out from the start. If she was trying to chase charts, she’d be collaborating with yet another overhyped current American star. But Maluma is very unknown in USA unless you’re a Latino. And most Americans find it hard to get into songs in different languages, considering Medellín is literally half in Spanish. Obviously Madonna simply enjoyed making this song and other songs yet to be revealed on the album influenced by Latin music. With that being said, Medellín is one of the most beautiful songs M has ever made and as a fan I’m enjoying it a lot! Really can’t wait to listen to the album!! 

Thank you !  Madonna is enjoying herself and making gorgeous music. It wouldn't care even if it was in Hebrew .

Enjoy the music , the videos, the sure to be stunning performances & the upcoming tour and fuck the rest !

12.4 mils on youtube .

5 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Thank you !  Madonna is enjoying herself and making gorgeous music. It wouldn't care even if it was in Hebrew .

Enjoy the music , the videos, the sure to be stunning performances & the upcoming tour and fuck the rest !

12.4 mils on youtube .

And she's giving us computer-generated virtual reality world, holographic images and green screen CGI for the stage show

b40d76767f9e43e4c7027a53bb681fcf.gif

SPOTIFY Medellín

17-18/04/2019 1,293,718
19-25/04/2019 5,576,734 (+4,283,016)

26/04/2019 6,146,369 (+569,635)
27/04/2019 6,626,222 (+479,853)
28/04/2019 7,011,738 (+385,516)

Thanks to beredy

3 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

And she's giving us computer-generated virtual reality world, holographic images and green screen CGI for the stage show

SPOTIFY Medellín

17-18/04/2019 1,293,718

Thanks to beredy

So far the song sold ONLY from Spotify 

46.6 k 

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Absolutely, I was thinking the same. I don’t know why suddenly people are disappointed about Medellín‘s chart performance, when only a couple of weeks ago everyone was like „Charts are over, rigged, don’t matter anymore“ bla bla. 

Medellín is nothing more but a sweet cute  summery song. No chance in hell an older artist that is not ‚hip‘ with the chart dominating demographic would have a hit with this! 

7 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Absolutely, I was thinking the same. I don’t know why suddenly people are disappointed about Medellín‘s chart performance, when only a couple of weeks ago everyone was like „Charts are over, rigged, don’t matter anymore“ bla bla. 

Medellín is nothing more but a sweet cute  summery song. No chance in hell an older artist that is not ‚hip‘ with the chart dominating demographic would have a hit with this! 

Sad but true

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

You wanted to go FUCK OFF to anyone

"nobody cares about Madonna"

This is (...) case of me wanting (...) AN ATOM OF NEGATIVITY

Please refrain from posting negative thoughts.

The More You Know Meme GIF - TheMoreYouKnow Meme Rainbow GIFs

Just now, Lolo said:

+@sotos8

I would love for her to have commercial success (I want to put my attention more on the album's performance though), but from another perspective, somehow I am kinda glad to not have Madonna being "associated" with these youngins...she's too sophisticated and edgy for today's pop. The current spirit of pop is way too beneath her. Just turn the radio on and compare it to the MADAME X trailer. They do not belong to the same world. One is from the lower, ghoulish, crude plane full of excrements while the other is like from a hidden corner of the Garden of Eden. :lol:

2 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

SPOTIFY Medellín

17-18/04/2019 1,293,718

Thanks to beredy

How brilliant is THAT going to be ! Lets enjoy ourselves 🌈

Perhaps her next mv will be just a story on face or Snapchat since people’s attention span is so short these days. 

And that still won’t work. I dunno. We’ve tried everything, and nothing has worked so far. 

I guess we just wait for the performance on May 1st and see if it will make any dent. 

11 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Perhaps her next mv will be just a story on face or Snapchat since people’s attention span is so short these days. 

And that still won’t work. I dunno. We’ve tried everything, and nothing has worked so far. 

I guess we just wait for the performance on May 1st and see if it will make any dent. 

You kind of described a vertical video. They’re really popular now and help artists with their streaming numbers on Spotify.

They’re meant to be super simple and shot vertically so you can watch the whole thing without having to reposition your phone or have black bars showing on your screen.

2 hours ago, rekha said:

Over 12.5 million views on YouTube now 🎉🎉

👍

"Medellín" is doing better than all Mariah's videos from her latest album ("GTFO", "A No No", "With You"). Unless I am going to be corrected by some music industry historian, of course. 

44 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

To me everything is working, I don't get your post

12 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

I don’t understand how there is 176 songs selling ahead of Madonna?? That is staggering, even with age, radio etc etc it’s still freaking Madonna, top 50 yes but 177 what is up with that, are there possibly two or three sales between each placing, I don’t get it. Particularly when it’s so huge on YouTube, in the news, just doesn’t make sense. Something doesn’t add up I just find that implausible.

Most MADONNA fans just pre-order the album and wait for the songs, and those purchases will NOT count for the song to chart, unlike before...

9 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Most MADONNA fans just pre-order the album and wait for the songs, and those purchases will NOT count for the song to chart, unlike before...

Exactly, that's what I do, I don't even have an iTunes account

30 minutes ago, Samo said:

To me everything is working, I don't get your post

Below is what I meant.

13 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

12 hours ago, imakicola said:

Blame it on the Gen Z’s. many of them haven’t heard of Madonna. 

I was told about the BILLBOARD performance coming up by my coworkers, about 6 of them at lunch break, who knew I was a big Madonna fan and we're ALL in their late teens/early 20s

That's Gen Z but according to you they never heard of her....

I can't...