STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

2 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Medellin has entered the UK singles charts at no 87.

Just saw this, I can’t believe it entered at 87, what’s wrong with the brits (I’m one) it’s such a great song and deserves to have entered much much higher, hopefully it’ll creep up, maybe 😞.

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Is this a good thing? 🙂

It's not great but it's hard to say until we see how it performs overall. Some songs take time to build and get on the right playlists.

I imagine this song will be played all summer, everyone will know it but the way streaming is done, it won't chart very highly anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Alfastar said:

Just saw this, I can’t believe it entered at 87, what’s wrong with the brits (I’m one) it’s such a great song and deserves to have entered much much higher, hopefully it’ll creep up, maybe 😞.

As stated many times, her core fanbase don't stream, younger generations won't hear her as radio 1 won't play her. 

8 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:

ok! 

Also whats going on with radio, has the song been sent out?

or are radios just choosing not play it?

and thanks for being for veryy informative! 

I'm not sure if it's has an official serving yet actually ?

But yes radio have started slowly picking up on it in some place so.

@Kim Any news on the official serving day to radio ? Was It Wednesday this week ?

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I'm not sure if it's has an official serving yet actually ?

But yes radio have started slowly picking up on it in some place so.

@Kim Any news on the official serving day to radio ? Was It Wednesday this week ?

Well most stations sort their actual playlist end/start of the week. so I'd say from this weekend we should start hearing it properly.

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

It's not great but it's hard to say until we see how it performs overall. Some songs take time to build and get on the right playlists.

I imagine this song will be played all summer, everyone will know it but the way streaming is done, it won't chart very highly anywhere.

As stated many times, her core fanbase don't stream, younger generations won't hear her as radio 1 won't play her. 

Fingers crossed. I don't expect her to top the charts, but it would be such a nice thing for Madonna to have a hit again. 

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well most stations sort their actual playlist end/start of the week. so I'd say from this weekend we should start hearing it properly.

Yeah radio2 have definitely added it to their Alist so I hope more will follow, I’m hoping heart uk will add it as they play old Madonna songs and it’s a popular station that play 80s to current music, fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, Mensch said:

It seems, it’s not really picking up amongst the majority of music listeners...unfortunately. It gets a TINY boost and then drops steadily. My only hope for this song is word of mouth and I’m praying she does more performances than just the BMA’s ...hopefully next week she’ll do Ellen, Fallon, late night..and MALUMA joins her and we have a good handful of live performances. That would give it a bigger boost, cause single events are proving to not help too much. Sadly...

I'm curious to see what happens in the time between the BB awards and the Eurovision. 

I agree with you an assault on American TV basking in the glory of the performance to promote it makes sense and would give the song legs stateside. 

Just now, Confessit said:

I'm curious to see what happens in the time between the BB awards and the Eurovision. 

I agree with you an assault on American TV basking in the glory of the performance to promote it makes sense and would give the song legs stateside. 

Otherwise it’s just gonna go up for a bit and then slide back down...what I don’t understand is how the song is trending #2 on YouTube (now it’s like 12) and it doesn’t help chart success? It was #2 and #3 with the audio and now video...surely that would mean lots of people are playing it, no? 

Its all bullshit. At some point, I’m going to stop caring about the chart success and just enjoy the era for what it is. This def deserves more love and recognition. She’s going for a world music approach and in USA everyone is playing on the Latin market as well so it would’ve seemed a double win (triple when you add MALUMA and he’s also pushing on his insta to stream and play it and it seems to me his fans are NOT doing so) ... 😒🥺

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

yess and maluma already has a big fan base in the usa because of the massive latino population. I hope spanish radios in the USA play it! 

Just now, Andgon144 said:

yess and maluma already has a big fan base in the usa because of the massive latino population. I hope spanish radios in the USA play it! 

I think whilst the pair of them are in the states some promo spots before she rehearses for the Eurovision makes commerical sense.

Just now, Mensch said:

Otherwise it’s just gonna go up for a bit and then slide back down...what I don’t understand is how the song is trending #2 on YouTube (now it’s like 12) and it doesn’t help chart success? It was #2 and #3 with the audio and now video...surely that would mean lots of people are playing it, no? 

Its all bullshit. At some point, I’m going to stop caring about the chart success and just enjoy the era for what it is. This def deserves more love and recognition. She’s going for a world music approach and in USA everyone is playing on the Latin market as well so it would’ve seemed a double win (triple when you add MALUMA and he’s also pushing on his insta to stream and play it and it seems to me his fans are NOT doing so) ... 😒🥺

Just enjoy the era. I don't know what people are expecting with the charts. It's a different time and she's not going to chart high again. Stop expecting it. Her albums will chart high and do well. If she gets a top 40 hit then that's just gravy.

Enjoy the era! It's her best yet.

2 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Just enjoy the era. I don't know what people are expecting with the charts. It's a different time and she's not going to chart high again. Stop expecting it. Her albums will chart high and do well. If she gets a top 40 hit then that's just gravy.

Enjoy the era! It's her best yet.

I am enjoying it, for sure. I will still push and give her all I got cause even with the expectation that nothing will chart, there is still a chance. I do prefer the longevity of the song over it going to top 10...so this weekly roll out (radio premiere, video premiere, BMA performance) I’m totally for, but I’d want a little more...maybe a guest spot on Ellen (since she’s in Vegas, she can go with Maluma to LA and do Ellen) and maybe she’ll come to nyc after the BMA’s and stay home for a bit, a chance to do some late night tv...idk I just think there’s still stuff to be done and maybe we don’t know about it just yet

10 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Do not worry so much about the charts. It's doing fine on YouTube. Looks like it will have more views the second day than it did yesterday. Most people will refer to the YouTube views to see if a song is a hit.

7 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

Do not worry so much about the charts. It's doing fine on YouTube. Looks like it will have more views the second day than it did yesterday. Most people will refer to the YouTube views to see if a song is a hit.

In addition, look around you. People know she has a song out, and for the most part they are not hearing anything negative about it. In fact, they might be hearing that it’s good, and that us, the fans, love it and are happy and proud to share it... That’s incredible, given where we’ve been for years and years. 

Edit: what’s more, IMO, given the strong negative association her mere name inspires in the general populace, I think it’s wise to let the song and the video speak for themselves as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its relevant because i was saying her fanbase. 20 year old white gays is Taylors fanbase.  Theres nothing wrong with saying it. They dont know anything about or care about real legends like George Michael, Madonna, Prince etc. As such they put Taylor on a pedestal. 

but yes moving on.

Would you make the same comment if her fan base was black? Just curious. 

18 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I am enjoying it, for sure. I will still push and give her all I got cause even with the expectation that nothing will chart, there is still a chance. I do prefer the longevity of the song over it going to top 10...so this weekly roll out (radio premiere, video premiere, BMA performance) I’m totally for, but I’d want a little more...maybe a guest spot on Ellen (since she’s in Vegas, she can go with Maluma to LA and do Ellen) and maybe she’ll come to nyc after the BMA’s and stay home for a bit, a chance to do some late night tv...idk I just think there’s still stuff to be done and maybe we don’t know about it just yet

I agree with everything your saying.

And I disagree with fans saying it will never happen. I do believe with more push it could be a hit in the charts the strategy has started and its growing stronger it's obvious the new PR team have brought her bang up to date with her releases. 

There's nothing wrong with wanting M to chart decently, it's obvious M still wants that otherwise she wouldn't of collaborated with Maluma or hired in a new PR company. 

I am optimistic Medellin can break the charts.

Kind of random...however I’m in airport and it has been just announced my flight will be delayed...same moment a girl from a group of girls in their (late) 20ties has loudly said “I’m going to call my mother...cha cha cha”....and again “cha cha cha” while waiting to start her conversation....🤪

It's charted at 87 from Wednesday release and the video just two days ago. It's only just going in radio 2 A list from tomorrow. And we have the BBMA. It may rise. 

3 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

It's charted at 87 from Wednesday release and the video just two days ago. It's only just going in radio 2 A list from tomorrow. And we have the BBMA. It may rise. 

It will rise.😍

1 hour ago, side_streets said:

Is this a good thing? 🙂

I still remember we bitched AL charted at 2. Well I guess it’s another era.