STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Ok..I invented it myself ... that's why Madonna when she did not dream a Grammy nomination with Rebel Heart complained in her Instagram..

I think she felt very recognized...

1 minute ago, rebelgirl said:

Ok..I invented it myself ... that's why Madonna when she did not dream a Grammy nomination with Rebel Heart complained in her Instagram..

I think she felt very recognized...

Frankly, I'm more convinced each day that you're a troll because most of your posts don't make any sense.

A troll? A little respect, I love Madonna..

I have already said on another occasion that it has been one of the pillars of my life.

I do not question who is more or less fan.. 

I have spent and spend my money on her records, concerts .. is It is my weakness, my only love.. so do not judge without knowing.

I have to show you my room full of pics and Madonna records so that you think I'm a fan? A crazy fan!

please ... I've been a fan for 35 years, probably many of you not born yet.

saying this .. God save the queen MADONNA

pd. I'm sorry to have bothered someone with my words if so, I apologize.. sorry 🙏🙏

Spotify streams finish at 4,283,016 for the week- if ~ 23.5% come from the USA, that would be ~ 1 million and change.

YouTube stats for the audio were 3.573m through Wednesday- if it's a similar percentage, that would perhaps be ~900K+ for the USA for the week. So, with the video, maybe a streaming total of around 3 million from those outlets for the week.

33 minutes ago, karbatal said:

What absurdity is this? Madonna was queen of USA for two decades. If music moved on is nobody's fault, nor USA nor Madonna. 

This discussion ALWAYS rises when we have a new era and the frustration her recent single doesnt shoot to no.1 in the USA.

Yes, she was the most succesful female sales wise during LAV and TB from LAP on there was always a local safer "it" star girl who sold more that year like Whitney, Janet, Paula, Martika, Mariah, Celine, Britney, Xtina, Bey, Gaga, Taylor, Arianna.

But Madge always keeps selling singles, albums and has huge Tours and has the stayin power even in the recent Trump leading and Gaga (bought) Oscar winning USA.

And now even streaming hits!!! And cultural impact above anyone male or female.

Nobody can take that away from her even if she doesnt chart anymore with the currents and ridicilous rules like BB.

7 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Spotify streams finish at 4,283,016 for the week- if ~ 23.5% come from the USA, that would be ~ 1 million and change.

YouTube stats for the audio were 3.573m through Wednesday- if it's a similar percentage, that would perhaps be ~900K+ for the USA for the week. So, with the video, maybe a streaming total of around 3 million from those outlets for the week.

That would guarantee a spot in the lower half HOT100.

8 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

interesting! although I don´t know what it means...well, that more than 1/4 of her folloers are in the USA?

8 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

What does that mean? Will it chart? 

Things changed in the US web when American Life was released and she was regarded as a traitor being anti war. Same for the Dixie Chicks. Then she became too old. 🤷 

But she's still here, selling out tours, making headlines while the others have to fake headlines, sales and tour receipts. 

And she's just released a track that's getting rave reviews and become a Twitter hit! 

Just look at all the songs released by the other big female artists recently and having to try and like their rotten songs! 😂

We're so lucky!

If it charts, I'd think it would be near the bottom. The sales figure probably won't be much higher than last week's 5,000 (if it ends up higher), and airplay isn't a factor.

All depends on overall activity, too. There was no big streaming album released last week, where tons of debuts from one act will debut on the chart.

"Bitch (I'm Madonna)" charted at 84, with 2.6 million U.S. streams and 13K in sales that week. Streaming has since increased.

One never knows for sure. 🙂

11 hours ago, bardo said:

is this confirmed? what's the source? it makes sense that they would have a cap, but one per IP seems very low.

Yes it's true. They only count one view. They do this because of the advertisers.

The metric really should be renamed, since it's not really a view count, but a user count. If you have VPN you can watch the video multiple times.

If you have doubts on whether this is true, you can test it yourself. Make a YT account only you know, post a video, and try to watch it repeatedly. Even if you use multiple accounts to view it. Only one view will be counted. I've done this myself one time. It's true, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

This discussion ALWAYS rises when we have a new era and the frustration her recent single doesnt shoot to no.1 in the USA.

Yes, she was the most succesful female sales wise during LAV and TB from LAP on there was always a local safer "it" star girl who sold more that year like Whitney, Janet, Paula, Martika, Mariah, Celine, Britney, Xtina, Bey, Gaga, Taylor, Arianna.

But Madge always keeps selling singles, albums and has huge Tours and has the stayin power even in the recent Trump leading and Gaga (bought) Oscar winning USA.

And now even streaming hits!!! And cultural impact above anyone male or female.

Nobody can take that away from her even if she doesnt chart anymore with the currents and ridicilous rules like BB.

Martika NEVER sold more than Madonna ANY single year in the US and I would say from late 84 until about 1992, Madonna ALWAYS sold more records in the US than any other female

Let's examine 1989-1991 period, the top 3 female sellers in the US were Madonna, Janet, and Paula

Janet sold 8 million albums and about 5 million singles for the RN era in the US, 13 million records total

Paula sold 12 million albums (8 million for FYG, 1 million for remix album, 3 million for SB), and about 7 million singles, 19 million Records total

Madonna sold about 19 million ALBUMS alone (12 million for TIC, it's undercertified, 5 million for LAP, also undercertified and 2 million for IB), and about 10 million singles in the US, including BOTH LAP and Vogue, which outsold every single Paula or Janet released that period.  That's 29 million records sold for Madonna in the US from 89-91.

5 minutes ago, Milosc89 said:

Youtube has just deleted 10 million views from Taylor Swift’s new music video. Could it be that she was somehow cheating? 

How much views was before? Now she have over 23ml

That shity taylor song now added to all biggest spotify playlists.  When Madonnas new song was only added to a few big playlist with only 2 or 1 ml followers. It feels like they force you to listen her.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Frankly, I'm more convinced each day that you're a troll because most of your posts don't make any sense.

Ty...that post is saying what?  If trolls pls flush. 

11 minutes ago, Royal T said:

That shity taylor song now added to all biggest spotify playlists.  When Madonnas new song was only added to a few big playlist with only 2 or 1 ml followers. It feels like they force you to listen her.

The song is bland...trying to reestablish the fans she lost with reputation 💩 

2 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Wow. Watching Taylor Swift getting tens of million of views in just a few hours makes me a little depressed. Yikes!

She actually regained 1ml in 15minutes with that thing called a song

Just now, Steve said:

The song is bland...trying to reestablish the fans she lost with reputation 💩 

Listened to a 15 sec snippet and it sounded like a children's song.. not watching the video. Medellin still on repeat!

guys don't lose your mind behind the products of the industry, critics have broken the song, the lyrics are embarrassing. Swift will also be able to sell 100 million copies, but even this song will soon be forgotten like all her music

How can this bland glass of soya milk that is that Swift thing can generate so much interest!? She has the charisma of a fucking frozen fish stick!! I don't get the fascination with her at all!!, back to streaming Meddelin!!