STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

33 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Bill, I think you should not look at charts anymore concerning artists like Madonna. I mean, nobody expects Bruce Springsteen's new single to be number one. However, people expect quality and surely good opening numbers. For years I stopped looking at charts regarding veteran acts. I didn't pay atenttion during Rebel Heart, never expected any song to chart. Same with Madame X singles.

I think Madonna is focusing on hyping the album, something that is really working on favour of artists these days. I guess that is why we get I Rise on Friday and maybe the new single next week! I may be wrong because I am not in Madonna's head, of course, but I think she's calculating the exposure, views, etc in order to get  new fans and having a succesful tour! 

👍

10 hours ago, Bill said:

I've been really depressed by chart performance so far.  I never want to get my hopes up anymore but it's baffling that this catchy song isn't even in the Hot 100 on Billboard or being played on the radio at all.  It's genuinely heartbreaking for me because I see how much work she's put into this.  I hope this performance makes a difference, but I see the bump on iTunes for all the other songs that were performed and most are much higher than Medellin.  Still hanging on to the hope that it catches on against all odds.  I hate to be negative, just a little sad this morning after that spectacular performance... I expected to see top 10 on iTunes at least.

Bill, you must not look at it that way. We are lucky that at 60 and after more than 35 years of career, she is still able to offer us an album of original material with a creative vision. few artists of this age still do it or have the opportunity to do it. Enjoy this new era and remember that we will not live many more like that. It must therefore be savored to the fullest.

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

Where is it on the dance charts? 

3 hours ago, MLVC82 said:

Ps. Can one of the moderators @HolidayGuy @svperstar @Kim change my restricted account? It's hard to post the great info/photos I have...when it says I've reached my limit after 5 posts? I was a Forum God before It was restricted and my posts number erased..the day I criticized Queen MADONNA about MDNA skincare...I've tried to contact the moderators (privately) but haven't heard a response....can someone fix this...Thank you so much!

The same with me! someone deleted my posts, my avatar, historial and everything when I criticized that polemic big butt.

Now I feel like a pariah in the forum. ><

What is the popularity and high number streams of the BB performance doing for Medellin ??

They count towards the songs total don’t they....

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

What is the popularity and high number streams of the BB performance doing for Medellin ??

They count towards the songs total don’t they....

Yes they count towards streaming!

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

But veteran acts in the 90s didn't chart either. It's life and that is how it is. Charts are about artists being hot and they are consumed by kids. As that recent article we read said, "Madonna fans are not streaming not stop and watching not stop because they have a life. And that is why they can afford going to her concerts". 

You are right!  We should stop expecting her songs to chart, but I'm just so annoyed how all the other BBMA acts songs fly up the charts while Madonna's just kind of goes nowhere. I know the performance spiked it up the Itunes Charts some, but most of the other acts, flew right into the top 10 if they weren't already there. 

But yes, I'm sure her team is more concentrated on the album and ultimately a tour.  Charts are representative what is on radio (which we know Madonna is not) and what is hot among the kids like Madonna once was in the 80' s and 90's. 

If anything, I just tell myself that her work get stronger with each new album.  And I love how she doesn't settle to do typical standard cover albums at this stage in her career. She's still producing highly creative work and is very inspired as if she was in her 20's and 30's. 

15 minutes ago, Confessit said:

So does this mean they’ll be a billboard chart debut next week ?

I'm not an expert but I don't think it is likely??

Because the number of views are less than the music videos last week (and it didn't chart then).

2 minutes ago, rekha said:

Because the number of views are less than the music videos last week (and it didn't chart then).

Yeah, it’s completely stalled on iTunes USA at 53 so it probably sold like 3 copies after the performance. It would need to be in the top ten for a full week (IMO) and have like 10x’s the amount of views/audio streams to even crack the top 200 apparently 

1 minute ago, rekha said:

Yeah, it certainly helps but doesn't mean she'll make the hot 100.

Last week, she only had 1.5 days of the video but it got about 5.5m views in that time as the hype was high. It's now 15m, so it's gotten 9.5m this chart week (maybe it'll eek it out to 10m by midnight). Then the live performance has about 2m and will hopefully be at 2.5m by midnight. So combined, she's going up from 5.5m to 12.5m, which is great! But that still might not be enough. 

Just now, Cesky said:

Last week, she only had 1.5 days of the video but it got about 5.5m views in that time as the hype was high. It's now 15m, so it's gotten 9.5m this chart week (maybe it'll eek it out to 10m by midnight). Then the live performance has about 2m and will hopefully be at 2.5m by midnight. So combined, she's going up from 5.5m to 12.5m, which is great! But that still might not be enough. 

BUT still enough to be optimistic👍👍

1 minute ago, Cesky said:

It’s going up which is the main thing and I expect the performance to continue growing for a few days it’s got a lot of press.

4 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

It was The Empire soundtrack. It had more SEA than Rebel Heart. Like Holidayguy mentioned, it topped the Top Album Sales chart instead. I remembered Guy O. tweeted something about it. 

Well I'm. really happy that this era isn't all about that . She seems more relaxed and happy . 

20 minutes ago, santiago said:

Nº 120 on the Amazom best seller (albuns) list.

https://www.amazon.com/Madame-X-Madonna/dp/B07QFWPZLL

Bruce Sprinsteen is Nº 9( He'll release the same week)

You better NOT let her be blocked, not this time!!

:noway:

I feel annoyed that Bruce Springsteen new album will also be released on June 14. 

Maybe they should Push back Madame X to June 21? On June 21 only Mark Ronson is the prominent act whose album will also be released. 

I assumed Bruce Springsteen fans are older than 40 years old who don't do much streamings so Bruce Springsteen new album won't get many Stream equivalent album (SEA). 

Thats why when Madame X comes out, we'll have to stream it a lot, everyday to make it debut on Billboard 200 albums chart and become her 9th no 1 album. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

So does this mean they’ll be a billboard chart debut next week ?

I really hope so.  Keep on steaming and commenting! the day is not over yet!!! It's only 7 PM in Los Angeles... Let's get 1/2 mill more views!!! It will chart if we stream and view the three videos available out there. 🙂

10 minutes ago, imakicola said:

How can Bruce Springsteen be outselling her??? How can this happen. 

Bruce Springsteen has  the third - most no. 1 albums with 11.no.1 albums on Billboard 200 albums chart after the Beatles (19) and Jay z (13)

He has a strong fan bases in the US, his albums sell many. 

Im hoping there are more Madonna fans in the US than Bruce Springsteen fans. 

Edited by metalissimo

8 minutes ago, imakicola said:

How can Bruce Springsteen be outselling her??? How can this happen. 

In the United States, Bruce has a larger and more diverse share of the general audience than Madonna. This was also the case in the 80's.

3 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Bruce Springsteen has 11.no.1 albums on Billboard 200 albums chart after the Beatles with 13 no. 1 albums. 

He has strong fan bases in rhe US, his albums sell many. 

Exactly. He’s a legend in his own right and American society will buy this safe record over M’s. Sad but true. We can all buy our copies and hope for the best but at least she’s up against someone who really is SOMEONE and not Taylor or Nicki or any of these shit acts...🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

Bruce has never outsold Madonna's recent releases, to panic over him is stupid. It is likely yeah, but I don't know why people paint Madonna as the weakest link in here.

Bruce Springsteen Last album High Hopes has lower first week sales (99 k pure album sales)  than Rebel heart (116 k pure album sales).

Bruce won't be touring this year so his next album won't come out with ticket bundle unlike Madame X will come out with ticket bundle. 

Edited by metalissimo