STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

1 minute ago, trevorhog said:

Should we be worried about Bruce Springsteen?? His album from 2012 debuted with 196,000 copies... but then again, MDNA debuted with 359,000 copies.... If he does a tour bundle, I will be worried

He's a threat and a big touring force. He will likely do a bundle so yes... She needs to bundle too.

I was disappointed to see this too, I really thought she had this No.1 in the bag after rebel heart f**k up. It will be a battle to say the least 🙁

He mentioned in December that he will be releasing a new album but no tour soon because he wants to take a rest after the residency that he made in Broadway the last two years!!! So no tour bundle, no Madame x threat!!!! 🙂 

Video at 3.55M with 2.5 hours left!! It will finish around 3.9M or 4M 🙂 keep watching in the 🇺🇸 please!!!

8 minutes ago, alexis said:

She will have on her album Swae Lee, Quavo, Maluma, Anitta ... Fans of these artists will be streaming as well. Let's hope!

this strategy hasn't helped her a bit though. She had countless features on RH to no avail.

32 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I too think it will beat BIM , talking of that , if that was trending or did less and got to 88 on hot 100 with Im remembering a lot less streams surely Medellin will chart , no ?? 

Its gaining everywhere again on iTunes and now rumoured radio adds I think it will . 

BIM had around 2.4m USA streams that helped to land BB chart.

I hope this will have high USA streams too.

Y'all need to buy merchandise from her store...it comes with a digital download. You activate that shit on release day so she GETS THE SALES!!!! Buy everything that comes with a digital download!

12 minutes ago, elijah said:

this strategy hasn't helped her a bit though. She had countless features on RH to no avail.

The streaming numbers for RH were still.impressive for an over 50 Artist, Cher, Streisand, Dolly etc could only wish it had that albums streams and Youtube views for the videos

3 minutes ago, Samo said:

The streaming numbers for RH were still.impressive for an over 50 Artist, Cher, Streisand, Dolly etc could only wish it had that albums streams and Youtube views for the videos

I think the artists on madame x are more popoluar than ones on RH- cameos in BIM not counting of course

Just now, peppermint said:

Yeah he's a fucking troll and I reported him.

peppermint, I actually put that thing (I don't even want to use the pronoun "him") in my block list but unfortunately I saw the horrible post because someone quoted it. Bravo, for reporting. 

I also think it's great that she has gained more than 100.000 new subscribers on YouTube during the last seven days, I really hope the coming era will help her improve this, I can't accept that Mariah has 4.5 million subscribers. 😅

Edited by Fitho

People on here are just nasty. Sorry if I get a lot of hate for this but the point of Madonnas music/art is to enjoy it, not to obsess about streams and competing with other artists because one artist might debut at No.1 and the other at No.2. Holy crap people get ahold of yourselves. It’s just a song. It’s not the be all end all. 

3 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

People on here are just nasty. Sorry if I get a lot of hate for this but the point of Madonnas music/art is to enjoy it, not to obsess about streams and competing with other artists because one artist might debut at No.1 and the other at No.2. Holy crap people get ahold of yourselves. It’s just a song. It’s not the be all end all. 

But its added bonus when the song is a hit and M is reigning supreme. It proves the haters wrong and I love it.

9 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

The very spirit of THIS PARTICULAR THREAD is to be concerned about her performance on the charts, commercial success is one of many aspects of M's musical career and if you have no interest in it since you would rather "focus on the music alone" (which is totally fine in principle), then this little corner of the forum is just NOT for you to read. You can drop this irritating, patronizing, sanctimonious "arty" attitude 

Question: Is today the last day of the weekly tracking period for both streams and digital sales? I’m asking because for those who haven’t purchased the Medellín single - do it now! And obviously keep streaming and watching the music video as well.

I know that this may not be the place to discuss, but does anyone have any insight on what’s going on with US radio? I remember even LFL was added to USA radio, and I find it very strange that there hasn’t been any (visible) effort to get her played this time around.  

2 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

Oh i couldn’t agree more. I’m always happy when she has a hit 

Singles like "Oh Father", "Human Nature", "Bedtime Story", among others, were not hits at all but we still love them and she made brilliant choices by releasing them with the artistic videos and these stuff give her the distinct edginess that you do not find with acts like Mariah or Celine. And it's also not wrong to worry over Springsteen beating Madonna on the Billboard in 2019. Everything has its place. 

7 minutes ago, peppermint said:

And wIll clearly hit the 4m + mark by 4pm ET!

4 million in 24 hours!

QUEEN