STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

Does alternating between audio only and 🔥❤️👏🏻 video count towards streaming or will it be seen as spam? Please advise

+1

I created a playlist with those two alternating 🤣

4 hours ago, Fitho said:

According to kworb, BIM gained 3.7m views on its release day, let's try to break that!

This will come very close. avout 6 more hours. I predict 3.3-3.7.

I think it would be wise to keep posting the video on Facebook too...

YouTube: The Google-owned video network counts a view after a user has watched a video for “around” 30 seconds. Facebook: Facebook videos automatically play without audio on users' News Feeds. Views, which are displayed publicly, are triggered when someone watches for at least 3 seconds.

4 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

considering Maluma's following and streaming power, I was expecting the numbers to be a little higher... I'll keep streaming anyway 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 

it is almost a 7 minute long video though. 

I'm here for a radio edit but not a video edit. If people don't have 6-7 min to spare then oh well. This video is meant to be seen in all it's glory, it's one of her best ever. Not her fault people don't have attention spans these days. 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, davejr. said:

it is almost a 7 minute long video though. 

when I listen to other artists music (not Madonna) I really just want to hear the song, I couldnt care less about intros, outros, spoken parts etc...

So maybe an edited version would be more appealing to casual listeners?

still no news about remixes

Just now, cocolattee said:

when I listen to other artists music (not Madonna) I really just want to hear the song, I couldnt care less about intros, outros, spoken parts etc...

So maybe an edited version would be more appealing to casual listeners?

still no news about remixes

That's what the audio video is for. Don't fuck with the video!! :mad:

7 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Yeh I think the video needs a ‘radio edit’ - lose the intro & the mid horse section- to get more views.

Yeah, the intro is the biggest 'problem.' I'm less concerned about the mid-section because by then people have probably watched enough for it to count as a view haha

Just now, Kurt420 said:

That's what the audio video is for. Don't fuck with the video!! :mad:

dont get me wrong, I personally would want every Madonna video to be at least 10 minutes long 😂😂 but if we are talking about views count, a shorter edit would probably be more effective 

1 minute ago, cocolattee said:

dont get me wrong, I personally would want every Madonna video to be at least 10 minutes long 😂😂 but if we are talking about views count, a shorter edit would probably be more effective 

I hear you but some things aren't worth sacrificing for views! 🙂

Wait, I thought a stream had to be around half the video to count as a stream? Not the full length?

4 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I hear you but some things aren't worth sacrificing for views! 🙂

the perfect solution would be to release both edited videos on youtube to increase the views count AND the director's cut versions in a special cd+dvd album to increase physical sales, along with all the other material she shot

3 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

His last album sold 99k in January 2014... and debuted #1 in the main markets, five years later and with streaming in the front, should we be worried?

Life is a circle....

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/497085/madonna-lionel-richie-trade-high-fives-on-twitter

People and their annoying attention spans can fuck off. I read novels, listen to songs and watch movies without needing to check my social media and texts. So glad Madonna doesn’t pander to the annoying people in the world.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

People and their annoying attention spans can fuck off. I read novels, listen to songs and watch movies without needing to check my social media and texts. So glad Madonna doesn’t pander to the annoying people in the world.

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

That was my first thought too when I saw someone brought up Springsteen. Honestly, if she did miss #1 because of him, I couldn't even be mad at it. Better another legend than some one off soundtrack that probably even now, just 4 yrs later nobody cares about.

9 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

That was my first thought too when I saw someone brought up Springsteen. Honestly, if she did miss #1 because of him, I couldn't even be mad at it. Better another legend than some one off soundtrack that probably even now, just 4 yrs later nobody cares about.

I'm still pissed about Empire cock-blocking Rebel Heart. 😠

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I'm still pissed about Empire cock-blocking Rebel Heart. 😠

You and me both! A shame Billboard tends to adjust their rules just as a Madonna album or song is peaking (see TPOG in '98).

4 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

His last album sold 99k in January 2014... and debuted #1 in the main markets, five years later and with streaming in the front, should we be worried?

Only if there is a tour bundle. Album sales have collapsed and veteran acts can no longer chart high. Madonna will also need a push from streaming and that's why they will be releasing more tracks from the album in May.

36 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

The video is at 3.3M and will break BIM record that was 3.7M views in a day, M’s most seen video in 24h 🙂 

It is not likely to beat BIM’s record by the looks of it.

It’s got 3 hours to beat BIM. It’s close, and it has gone up 300,000 in literally the past couple of hours, so if it can do 400,000 that’d be great. Get streaming!

5 minutes ago, davejr. said:

It is not likely to beat BIM’s record by the looks of it.

I think it will! We have 3.5 hours to get 250,000 more views- I’m estimating 3.8 at the 24 hour mark.

Did expect a bit more with Maluma and the next level quality of the video!! 

I too think it will beat BIM , talking of that , if that was trending or did less and got to 88 on hot 100 with Im remembering a lot less streams surely Medellin will chart , no ?? 

Its gaining everywhere again on iTunes and now rumoured radio adds I think it will . 

Should we be worried about Bruce Springsteen?? His album from 2012 debuted with 196,000 copies... but then again, MDNA debuted with 359,000 copies.... If he does a tour bundle, I will be worried