STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

4 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Gift it to everyone you can. Gifting a Madonna song or album is never a waste. Also it counts towards physical sales in the digital sales. Chart or no chart. 

Well I guess that’s your prerogative but Billboard said the numbers (single or album) are not reported to Nielsen so they wouldn’t count towards any BB chart. Including digital sales. M gets the money but there’s no way for BB to know about it.

Edited by BokuNo

Just now, BokuNo said:

Well I guess that’s your prerogative but Billboard said the numbers (single or album) are not reported to Nielsen so they wouldn’t count towards any BB chart. Including digital sales. M gets the money but there’s no way for BB to knew about it.

BB lost its credibility years ago. I could not give a rats ass. It counts towards digital sales whether billboard acknowledges it or not and our girl is a single mother of 6. She needs the money. lol.

1 minute ago, Jeby said:

BB lost its credibility years ago. I could not give a rats ass. It counts towards digital sales whether billboard acknowledges it or not and our girl is a single mother of 6. She needs the money. lol.

Again. That’s up to you but I know fans gift music on iTunes with the intention of raising BB numbers. When that’s the case it is a waste of money. 

According to a spotify music tracking website, Medellín is in 1011 playlists and the song is in the "reach" of 30 million people in spotify who follow these playlists.

21 minutes ago, alexis said:

According to a spotify music tracking website, Medellín is in 1011 playlists and the song is in the "reach" of 30 million people in spotify who follow these playlists.

can i have a link?

thanks in advance

4 hours ago, metalissimo said:

well, now we have to rely on general public (not Madonna fans) to increase  the digital sales after Medelin video is released and Billboard MA performance.

I have managed to buy it twice - once from Deluxe version of album and the next time from standard version

Medellín on Spotify:

17/04 - 520.454
18/04 - 1.293.718 (+773.264)
19/04 - 2.288.372 (+994.654)
20/04 - 2.933.653 (+645.281)
21/04 - 3.418.691 (+485.038)
22/04 - 3.945.165 (+526.474)
23/04 - 4.468.155 (+522.990)
24/04 - 4.982.838 (+514.683)

If you have Facebook or Twitter, post the YouTube link on your page! And click the thumbs up on the YouTube video.

Hopefully a lot of news articles soon pop up reporting on the new video and the video gets embedded in those articles. That will give it a lot of hits.

1 minute ago, CalinB said:

2,500,000 views on YouTube in 12 hours. Not bad!!!! 🙂 💖

So hopefully 5 million after 24 hours!

Europe please add some new exiting comments!  Us in the Americas are shutting down now (we need some sleep too :)). 

For the last hour the new comments start to be negative only.... 🙏 help!!  Keep in mind people only see comments from the last several hours, so all the good ones from yesterday are not easily viewable (are buried and hard to find), let's keep the momentum going!!!:thumbsup: Each of you should try to add an exiting comment every 4 hours. 🙏 

ON to the charts we go!!!!

8 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Europe please add some new exiting comments!  Us in the Americas are shutting down now (we need some sleep too :)). 

For the last hour the new comments start to be negative only.... 🙏 help!!  Keep in mind people only see comments from the last several hours, so all the good ones from yesterday are not easily viewable (are buried and hard to find), let's keep the momentum going!!!:thumbsup: Each of you should try to add an exiting comment every 4 hours. 🙏 

ON to the charts we go!!!!

There are many great and positive comments. Go to bed and sleep well 😉

38 minutes ago, johnnox said:

Am shocked that Radio 2 has added it but very very pleased!

Yes me too, I personally don’t listen to radio2 but it’s great that it’s been added to the Alist from Saturday, all good.

12 hours ago, Carta said:

It does in Australia.  If watching the video counts towards the British charts, then I can't see why buying the video wouldn't (@Kim or @Stephen, do either of you know for sure?).

They count for the UK chart for sure. I remember downloads were mentioned around the same time they introduced the video streaming rules.

39 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

His last album sold 99k in January 2014... and debuted #1 in the main markets, five years later and with streaming in the front, should we be worried?

Nope. In fact I love that he's mature too. Best competition possible. I'm sure Madonna loves him too.

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

His last album sold 99k in January 2014... and debuted #1 in the main markets, five years later and with streaming in the front, should we be worried?

I love him.  ❤️ Like M still a great artist. Respect.  

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

"Medellín" has just passed 3 million views on YouTube

va4GNbF.jpg

It seems it will do better than Bitch, I'm Madonna on its first day. Fingers crossed.