STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Hi, can you get me a question? The video is from Madonna and Maluma, so the video will also be appearing on his channel somehow? Even if he was sent by the Madonna channel?

I noticed that after they put the name of Timbaland, Justin Timberlake the views of 4 Minutes increased considerably. Nowadays Maluma's name is more searched on YouTube than Justin's, so there's a big chance it's a video with over 100 million views, right?

4 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Nope not at all. 

You sure ?? I thought I read it was the same as buying a remix of the song ie a sale . Why are they so expensive if they don’t count for anything ?

2 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I think the only way to add sales iTunes wise is if remixes are released and buy them separately ??

I assume all Madonna fans in the US already bought Medellin on iTunes on April 17, 18.

If we are allowed to buy it on iTunes 1 time only, now after the video is released, we have to rely on general public (not Madonna fans) to buy it on iTunes to help it chart on Hot 100 next Monday.

41 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

You sure ?? I thought I read it was the same as buying a remix of the song ie a sale . Why are they so expensive if they don’t count for anything ?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1045954/ask-billboard

well it didnt count in 2008 and i remember it not counting before streaming. Im not sure now.

3 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I assume all Madonna fans in the US already bought Medellin on iTunes on April 17, 18.

If we are allowed to buy it on iTunes 1 time only, now after the video is released, we have to rely on general public (not Madonna fans) to buy it on iTunes to help it chart on Hot 100 next Monday.

Each purchase counts towards digital sales. So yah gift it to 20 or more friends if you want to. Each purchase is a separate download so please buy buy buy.

18 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Each purchase counts towards digital sales. So yah gift it to 20 or more friends if you want to. Each purchase is a separate download so please buy buy buy.

I don't understand what you mean, so we can give a song to friends on iTunes ?

so we can buy Medellin on iTunes more than 1 time ?

Edited by metalissimo

32 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I think the only way to add sales iTunes wise is if remixes are released and buy them separately ??

if there are no remixes, can we buy a song from iTunes again, more than 1 time ?

Just now, metalissimo said:

if there are no remixes, can we buy a song from iTunes again, more than 1 time ?

I have bought Medellin more than once because I am giving it to friends. I have never encountered being unable to buy a song more than once. It's cheap. Why don't you try it? Yes you can gift an album or a song. 

21 minutes ago, Jeby said:

I have bought Medellin more than once because I am giving it to friends. I have never encountered being unable to buy a song more than once. It's cheap. Why don't you try it? Yes you can gift an album or a song. 

if we don't wanna give it to friends, can we buy it on iTunes for ourselves more than 1 time ?

I'm thinking if all Madonna fans in the US can buy Medellin again on iTunes to increase the digital sales after the video release and Billboard MA performance

Edited by metalissimo

2 hours ago, Milosc89 said:

Does buying a music video on itunes count for charts?

It does in Australia.  If watching the video counts towards the British charts, then I can't see why buying the video wouldn't (@Kim or @Stephen, do either of you know for sure?).

1 minute ago, Carta said:

It does in Australia.  If watching the video counts towards the British charts, then I can't see why buying the video wouldn't (@Kim or @Stephen, do either of you know for sure?).

In the US I believe they don't...since you can't purchase music videos from anywhere else. 

15 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

if we don't wanna give it to friends, can we buy it on iTunes for ourselves more than 1 time ?

No.  Once you've purchased something, the only way to actually purchase it again (without gifting it) is to create multiple accounts.

13 minutes ago, Carta said:

No.  Once you've purchased something, the only way to actually purchase it again (without gifting it) is to create multiple accounts.

well, now we have to rely on general public (not Madonna fans) to increase  the digital sales after Medelin video is released and Billboard MA performance.

Just now, metalissimo said:

well, now we have to rely on general public (not Madonna fans) to increase  the digital sales after Medelin video is released and Billboard MA performance.

Or as a Madonna fan u can gift copies to your friends. When its downloaded on their itunes, it counts.

Do not gift the song to anyone. It’s a waste of money because billboard has said that Apple doesn’t report those numbers to Nielsen!

@Stephen is it possible to add this to the op since it might be something fans will try to do?

Edited by BokuNo

11 minutes ago, BokuNo said:

Do not gift the song to anyone. It’s a waste of money because billboard has said that Apple doesn’t report those numbers to Nielsen!

Gift it to everyone you can. Gifting a Madonna song or album is never a waste. Also it counts towards physical sales in the digital sales. Chart or no chart. 

14 minutes ago, BokuNo said:

@Stephen is it possible to add this to the op since it might be something fans will try to do?

@Stephen please do not add it. Let fans gift the songs to their friends if they want to. Why are we stopping Madonna from selling more records or reaching new fans because it allegedly is not reported by itunes? Please everyone gift to whoever you can. It's digital sales.