STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

8 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Do French People okay with Spanish songs?

Idk, my french friends like spanish songs a lot, that's all I know.

From my wikipedia research, it's already Maluma's highest charting single in France.Β 

32 minutes ago, lautert said:

Medellin debuted at #11 in France. It's already M's biggest hit in France since GMAYL. Idk how many days counted on the chart, but that's good news.Β 

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/singles.php

Keep streaming it!!!!

Thats just the download chart. Not the officialΒ topΒ 100.

I really do not like Spotify, tried it several years ago, not to my liking for a number of reasons hence I do not use it, same goes for Tidal, but I am definitely helping with the other platforms and streaming.

All the best,

X

Almost 7 000 000 πŸ‘πŸ‘ Tomorrow the video , next week BBM.Β  it going well , it is a incredible start to begin her new era !!Β  The general wil jump into the song when the video is out !!Β 

I have good feelings about it !! πŸ‘πŸ‘

I love my queen !!Β 

Β 

Screenshot_2019-04-24-01-31-46.jpg

Did you notice the huge amount of lyrics videos of Medellin? Will they hurt the count of the song itself useful for the charts?

17 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Did you notice the huge amount of lyrics videos of Medellin? Will they hurt the count of the song itself useful for the charts?

I think they do take away views from the official view (which is the only one that counts??)

I hope the views hit 7 million before the video is released!

12 minutes ago, Alejandrogr said:

Does anyone know if MedellΓ­n is doing better than Living for love?

"Living for Love" entered theΒ Dance/Electronic SongsΒ chart at number 16 and theΒ Dance/Electronic Digital SongsΒ chart at numbers 12, with 10,000 digital downloads.[11]Β The next week, "Living for Love" moved to number 13 on the Dance/Electronic Songs chart, with further sales of 11,000 copies, and has since peaked at number 9, thereby becoming the singer's first top-ten single on the chart.[45]Β It achieved 587,000 streams after the music video premiere and further sales of 17,000 copies, becoming the greatest gainer on the Dance/Electronic Digital Songs chart.[46]Β In January 2015, "Living for Love" debuted at number 32 on theΒ Dance Club SongsΒ chart, making it the singer's first appearance since her previous single "Turn Up the Radio".[47]Β It then climbed to number 18 and the following week to number 11 as the greatest gainer on the chart for both weeks.[48]

Β 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_for_Love

3 hours ago, BokuNo said:

So I just realized BTS is performing at the BBMAs as well so there’s literally no question about who’s going to be the most talked about act on social media.Β :megamanson:

On the plus side their fans will probably tweet about all the the performers so M could potentiallyΒ get a visibility boost as well. Could help with streaming!

Also there will be tons of good links. Nobody works harder than the BTS stans at setting up good links for people outside the US!

Who is BTS?!? πŸ€”

1 minute ago, NapolΓ©on said:

Who is BTS?!? πŸ€”

Good question πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 minute ago, NapolΓ©on said:

Who is BTS?!? πŸ€”

An idol group from Korea which is having a lot of success on both sides of the Atlantic at the moment (due to their rabid fans).

Β 

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

Will there be remixes?! We need another #1 on the dance charts!!

Was anyone commissioned for remixes? Kinda quiet.Β 

SPOTIFYΒ MedellΓ­n

17/04/2019Β 520,454
18/04/2019Β 1,293,718Β (+773,264)
19/04/2019Β 2,288,372Β (+994,654)
20/04/2019Β 2,933,653Β (+645,281)
21/04/2019Β 3,418,691Β (+485,038)
22/04/2019Β 3,945,165Β (+526.474)

Β By Beredi on UKMix

The streams wentο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»ΏΒ up!!!! Hopefully it will stabilize and thank Madame X that the video is coming in two days.

On another note, Buzzangle is reporting that as this morning, Medellin has sold 16k with streaming in the USA, counting the first two days.

People inΒ πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ please keep streaming and be sure to share the video tomorrow, we can make this chart on Billboard!!!Β 

And yes the song is doing better than LFL, in just 6 days it has combined 10.3M only on Spotify and Β YouTube, LFL in 4 years has 73M combined, Medellin will get there in a month with the promo, album release and official video.

1 hour ago, rekha said:

I think they do take away views from the official view (which is the only one that counts??)

I hope the views hit 7 million before the video is released!

I hope the same. πŸ™‚

10 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I'm curious how many digital sales of Medellin from April 17, 18 ?

5.5k sales for those two days in the US

Edited by BokuNo

i am hoping a radio deal comes along after the video premiere. The song needs exposure.Β 

playing it 1x on apple music and releasing an audio only (not even a proper lyric video) is not a smart move.Β 

Everything has been on point so far- except actually getting the music heard. curious as to why the team forgot about that...

1 hour ago, NapolΓ©on said:

So basically PSY in group form? Really when you think mainstream music couldn’t get any worse. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Legit just a Korean boy band. Nothing bad or worse about asian bandsΒ 

6 hours ago, alexis said:

I'm Brazilian so here's my contribution to the portuguese comments:

Se vocΓͺ nΓ£o consegue parar de assistir este vΓ­deo incrΓ­vel (em repetir!), CURTAΒ βœ…βœ… este comentΓ‘rio

Minha cantora favorita Γ© Madonna 🌺🌺. Se ela Γ© a primeira na sua lista tambΓ©m, CURTAΒ Β βœ…βœ… meu comentΓ‘rio

Grande vΓ­deo e bem viciante depois de assistir mais vezes, mΓΊsica fresca e hipnΓ³tica 🎢🎢. AMOR πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• isso 🎢🎢🎢

Hot πŸ”₯ videoΒ Β Β  !! Eu nΓ£o fiquei impressionado com a mΓΊsica na primeira audição, mas depois de 2, 3 execuçáes, eu realmente amei tudo!!! Ela arrasouΒ de novo! Muito bem feito! O vΓ­deo Γ© lindo!

Vídeo incrivel  e não consigo parar de ouvir esse HINO !!! Eu jÑ toquei essa música 100 vezes ... ❀❀

Este 🎢🎢🎢 Γ© contagiante πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯Meu Jam de VerΓ£o !!! Perfeito para a praia, com oΒ carro deΒ janelas abertas em uma noite de verΓ£o. 1, 2 cha cha CHA !!! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Obrigada!πŸ™

My landing page on iTunes:

E29356FC-DC3F-49C1-B29F-123B3371FAAD.jpeg

Β 

Β 

And it moves to:

Β 

52D5CED4-73BE-4B71-BC90-FD80A4EC86DB.jpeg

Β 

Β 

and about 3 down from Lemonade is Madonna.

I’m not very usedΒ to Spotify but I thinkΒ I’ve just figured out you can listen to a playlist but dump songs from it that you don’t wanna hear -Β at least that’s what I thinkΒ I’ve done!

Crazily,Β the gunts swallow is on aΒ playlist that M is currently on for current songs πŸ™„πŸ™„ ...Β nothing even to do with the woman, but that song is actually SHITE!

Anyways, I’ve deleted (I think πŸ€”) the gunts and 🐝 songs - so hopefully no chance of them getting played via me! 😁❌❀️

7 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

There u go. Some are a bit of a free adaptation as the originals didn't make much sense.

Spanish:

Extraordinaria canciΓ³n!! βœ…βœ…Dale like βœ…βœ…Β si eres de Mexico, EspaΓ±a, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia πŸ’ͺ πŸ’ͺ πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œΒ La musica 🎢🎢 URBANA en su mΓ‘ximo nivelΒ  πŸ’―πŸ” πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Si no puedes dejar de ver este increΓ­ble video (en repeticiΓ³n!), dale LIKE βœ…βœ…Β a este comentario

Mi cantante favorita es Madonna πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉ 🌺. Si tambiΓ©n es la primeraΒ en tu lista, dale LIKE βœ…βœ…Β a mi mensaje.

Gran video y (despuΓ©s de un par de escuchas) una canciΓ³n fresca e hipnΓ³tica 🎢🎢. MEΒ  ENCANTA πŸ’• πŸ’• πŸ’• this 🎢🎢🎢

QuΓ© video tanΒ πŸ”₯Β caliente!! Y no se que es lo que mΓ‘s me gusta. Β‘Lo ha hecho de nuevo! Β‘Bien hecho! Β‘El video es hermoso!

El video es muy caliente y no se puede dejar de escuchar este TEMAZO !!! He puesto esta canción como 100 veces ... ❀❀

Γ‰sto es infeccioso πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯Mi CanciΓ³n del VeranoΒ !!! PerfectaΒ para la playa o para escucharla en el coche con lasΒ ventanas abiertas disfrutando de la brisa de la noche. 1, 2 cha cha CHA !!! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Agradecimiento! πŸ™