"Crave" thread (2nd single)

6 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I just heard it and it sounds like a Rebel Heart b-side, just like I Rise. I'm surprised! I was expecting something new. I hate to be negative but this just sounds like more of the same to me. Why is she slurring her speak in the first verse? Is she wearing her grills? It doesn't sound like a single to me at all. Maybe I'll feel different later but it just sounds like an alternate version of "Veni Vidi Vici"  to me.

Haven’t heard it but I love VVV, so I’m a little excited now. 

7 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Haven’t heard it but I love VVV, so I’m a little excited now. 

You know the way she sings right before saying "I came, I saw, I conquered?" She does the same thing in Crave.

22 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I just heard it and it sounds like a Rebel Heart b-side, just like I Rise. I'm surprised! I was expecting something new. I hate to be negative but this just sounds like more of the same to me. Why is she slurring her speak in the first verse? Is she wearing her grills? It doesn't sound like a single to me at all. Maybe I'll feel different later but it just sounds like an alternate version of "Veni Vidi Vici"  to me.

I was thinking the same at first. Give it a little time. It’s really infectious. 

2 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

I was thinking the same at first. Give it a little time. It’s really infectious. 

I'm glad I'm not alone! I heard many positive comments from others who heard it in this thread and I'm like, "Did I hear a different song?" lol

2 minutes ago, LVX said:

OK, just heard it. I like it! It's not as good as I Rise but I like it more than Medellin. :angel:

I did not like Medellin at all when I first heard it but it's been growing on me.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

OMG

Now I know what all the fuss is about a fantastic song so infectious, so smooth, so radio friendly.

For me it's the best cut from the album yet I love her voice and the chorus is classic catchy Madonna. Swans part is brilliant and will it feels like such a great fit between them both. It's got a crazy good hook. 

I like Medellin & I Rise , but this is the first ultra excitement for the album for me. This is Madonna at her pop best.

Can't wait to see the video.

yayy!

I was looking forward to reading your opinion! 

I'm *this* close to just listening to the song!! These reviews are making it tough to hold out!! 

Seems like it's gonna be AL meets BS, a sprinkle of RH and a large dash of classic M pop sensibility.

Really excited about this one. Just gonna d/l and listen to Medellin mixes to distract!! Less than 24 hrs now.

It’s definitely in line with everything that’s popular right now. Kids are listening to songs like WOW by Post Malone, and it’s no surprising Madonna is aiming at new generation of fans. 

I have only accolades to state about this song, it's sooo fresh and so radio friends... but, I digress.

We are now less than a day out from the song release, and sooo many of you have already listened to the track, so get your comments ready!  Let's  make sure we have lots of great ones a the top from the start!!!! Don't forget that comments with emojis get a lot more likes.

Here are some of the comments you posted here so far... all look ready to be posted to me!

Love Crave! It is infused with her amazing musicality, uniqueness, inspiration, and sensibility. Nobody does it like her! They are all two steps behind!

It's so good! M sings in a different style than what we're used to, but she delivers! 

It's a beautiful, chill, and catchy AF song. It simply swings-classic Madonna, very melodic with great hooks in the chorus!

A kickass song. Very radio friendly....

For me, it's the best cut from the album so far. I love her voice and the chorus is classic catchy Madonna. Swae part is brilliant and it feels like such a great fit between them both. It's got a crazy good hook. 

It's perfect in the morning. It's perfect when I'm driving and blasting it in my car, it's perfect to chill out to and it's perfect before bedtime. ❌

I added some more examples below:

MADONNA & Swae Lee 🔥🔥🔥 AF‼ Mike Dean production on this song is flawless!!!!! ❤💛💚💙💜

My cravings get dangerous!!!!! Anyone else lost count of how many times they listened to this addictive song? I L💘VE CRAVE!!!

fiiiiiire!! Madonna + Swae Lee 💯🔝🔥🔥🔥

'Cause you're the one I crave
And my cravings get dangerous
The feelings never fade
I don't think we should play with this
Said come, come get me straight
I don't think we should wait for this
'Cause you're the one I crave
And my cravings get dangerous 💛 🎶🎶🎶 💯🔝 🔥🔥🔥   

Ran so far to try to find the thing I let and buried once inside, (side), of (of), me (me)
Ran and ran and ran so fast to think to last and buried once I hear, (hear), you (you), breathe (breathe)

'Cause you're the one I CRAVE!  And my cravings get dangerous!!!!!     OMG!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥  

'Cause I'm just me (yeah), that's all I can be (ooh)
Something real (yeah), something I can feel
You know I just can't change, this is how I'm made
Am I afraid? Take me to the place

(Ooh), My cravings get dangerous (ooh)
(Ooh), I don't think we should play with this
(Ooh), My cravings get dangerous (ayy, ooh)

Emoji’s suggestions for Crave audio:

🎶🎶🎶  👑  💯 🔝  🔥🔥🔥 💥💥                                     

❌  ❤  💪💪   🎶  📽  Ⓜ  😍  🎶🎶🎶

🚀  💃💃💃💃 🌞   🚗🚕🚙  💛💚💙💜

😍😍😍  L💘VE

M A D O N N A 🍾🍾🍾  M A D💎N N A‼  💖 M A D A M E ❌ 💖

❌❌❌  🚀📽 🎧 🎤 🎼 🎹 🔝 👁  👍👍

💥!👏👏👏 🌺🌸🌺🌸🔥💥🌞⚡💘💗💖

5 minutes ago, calzolari said:

Shes not confirm Crave for a second single.

I'm hoping it's not true. It seems to only be confirmed by DrownedMadonna and I trust them as far as I can throw them.

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

I'm hoping it's not true. It seems to only be confirmed by DrownedMadonna and I trust them as far as I can throw them.

Drowned in this era confirmed fake rumours. lol 

I agree. It’s not single material. It’s most likely a promo song for the album like I Rise. 

6 minutes ago, calzolari said:

Medellín remix released today, Crave is a promo single like I rise. 

So what’s the next proper single with video? 

But then you look at an album like True Blue where Live To Tell, La Isla Bonita and Jimmy Jimmy all share a space and (at least for me) the fact that those songs are all polar opposites doesn't take away from the overall experience of listening to the album.

I think it was said pretty early on that this album was not going to be cohesive in the way ROL or AL are.

16 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

It was confirmed to be a single with a video via Bilboard.

19 minutes ago, calzolari said:

Shes not confirm Crave for a second single.

5 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I agree. It’s not single material. It’s most likely a promo song for the album like I Rise. 

it was confirmed in billboard by the president of maverick music.

The next proper single is "Crystal Coffin (Disco Stomper Is Dead)". It's a surprise song, written and produced by Madonna and Joe Henry. The video features her doing yoga exercise in an old Jewish graveyard in Azerbaijan.

:newspaper:

11 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm *this* close to just listening to the song!! These reviews are making it tough to hold out!! 

Seems like it's gonna be AL meets BS, a sprinkle of RH and a large dash of classic M pop sensibility.

Really excited about this one. Just gonna d/l and listen to Medellin mixes to distract!! Less than 24 hrs now.

For me its a mix of VVV and tragic girl

For me it’s a lot like Best Night. I get exact same vibes. And Best Night is my favorite song in Rebel Heart album. 

19 minutes ago, ursula said:

At first I was excited about the title, but when I actually heard the song, my eyes rolled so hard they almost popped out of their sockets. M-dolla is back... 

Three songs so far, 0 cohesion. It's like she picked a bunch songs she liked from different artists and said 'Copy that'. 

You could use your energy for something useful. Why waste your time here?

23 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I hope none of the promo songs are singles, then she can drop the real 2nd single after.