"Crave" thread (2nd single)

The song just doesn’t resonate with me. It leaves me a bit cold actually. Doesn’t happen often with a Madonna song. I do 

like her vocals (most of them) but the song doesn’t really go anywhere imo (attack’s in 3,2,1...), I find it rather boring tbh. 

1 hour ago, nobelson said:

Isn't that mainly a Mylène Farmer store? I wonder how they would know anything about a second album...sounds odd

yes they do have a lot of Farmer's stuff but also a huge Madonna collection

Ok, I just listened to the song because, really, all the moaning was getting to my nerves. What a BEAUTIFUL song. So interesting, different, creative. I simply love it. I don't know if it is redio friendly of if the Leotard Team will be screaming at home, because I give as zero fucks as Madame X gives. 

The song is superb. Yes, the first verse she sings a bit weird but I like it. It's different and on point. 

Anybody missing a disco bomper to move the wig can tune to some Kylie or Sophie Ellis Bextor or Vengaboys. 

21 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I think Beyonce kinda had this strategy with her last 2 solo albums. Bam, release a ton of material all at once, and with music videos. Maybe a hit will come out of it, maybe it won't, but the album will stand the test of time. It was very savvy with Beyonce, but Madonna could take it next level. We'll see.

it didnt

15 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

The song just doesn’t resonate with me. It leaves me a bit cold actually. Doesn’t happen often with a Madonna song. I do 

like her vocals (most of them) but the song doesn’t really go anywhere imo (attack’s in 3,2,1...), I find it rather boring tbh. 

I'm with you. Exactly my thoughts.

But I'm fine with that cause soon there's a whole album in stores for us.

20 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

I spinned it 20 times in a row and left craving for more spins

its THAT good

9 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

@Mensch do you know who directed the Crave video? Are they done with the shooting or...? Thanks for the infos 🙂

Nope more today. Don’t know director. 

2 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

😂 Roshroshrosh on you

I know right? 🤣🤣

Alright, I love Crave despite some weird singing in the beginning and a rather flat bridge.  I loved Medellin for like a week.  I found I Rise annoying and haven't listened to it much since the first day I heard it.  😞  I'm not blown away by anything yet.  I'm sure the album holds some gems.  Rebel Heart will be tough to beat, for me, but I have an open mind.  I remain optimistic but so far, there's something missing.

And don't come at me.  Everyone here should know how much I love M.  I'm not trying to spread negativity or bash anything.  Just sharing my opinion.  When you have high expectations and enormous excitement about something, it's easy to be let down initially.  My opinions will change over time.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Alright, I love the song.  I loved Medellin for like a week.  I found I Rise annoying and haven't listened to it much since the first day I heard it.  😞  I'm not blown away by anything yet.  I'm sure the album holds some gems.  Rebel Heart will be tough to beat, for me, but I have an open mind.  I remain optimistic but so far, there's something missing.

I reckon this will be much better then Rebel Heart...it seems like she’s doing what she wanted with Rebel Heart sonically, enhancing it and releasing it correctly. 

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I reckon this will be much better then Rebel Heart...it seems like she’s doing what she wanted with Rebel Heart sonically, enhancing it and releasing it correctly. 

🤞😊

The song will be released Thursday at midnight (for each country) right?

I still haven't heard it but not too much longer to wait!

Finally gave in and listened to the song. Out if the 3 this is the weakest one. It really doesn't do anything for me. It's kind of boring and uneventful. Maybe it's my expectations that are at fault because I wanted a bang. And no, I don't think their voices gel well together at all.

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

Alright, I love Crave despite some weird singing in the beginning and a rather flat bridge.  I loved Medellin for like a week.  I found I Rise annoying and haven't listened to it much since the first day I heard it.  😞  I'm not blown away by anything yet.  I'm sure the album holds some gems.  Rebel Heart will be tough to beat, for me, but I have an open mind.  I remain optimistic but so far, there's something missing.

And don't come at me.  Everyone here should know how much I love M.  I'm not trying to spread negativity or bash anything.  Just sharing my opinion.  When you have high expectations and enormous excitement about something, it's easy to be let down initially.  My opinions will change over time.

Pretty much agree with every word of that.

It’s a shame people feel afraid of voicing their opinions on here due to a few psychotic fans 😆

4 minutes ago, iamme said:

Every song on the COADF sounds like a masterpiece compared to those Madge has released so far. 🙄

no.

I’m so tired of the endless comparison and the “disco banger” expectation. How do people create these expectations when every album has differed so vastly from the last...

i like the 3 songs 

my fave being 

crave and medellin

i don't think "i rise" is an awesome song, it's average

that said, now that we have " songs, i kind of get the direction this album is going and i'm liking this !!

we need to support madonna in this change because if the majority of fans dislike her new stuff she will go back to MDNA REBEL HEART and HARC CANDY

CRAVE sounds like ancient madonna in terms of intonations and vocal modulations

i cannot wait to discover the rest

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

12 minutes ago, Snowball83 said:

Pretty much agree with every word of that.

It’s a shame people feel afraid of voicing their opinions on here due to a few psychotic fans 😆

Every active member of MadonnaNation knows how much Bill loves her last album, Rebel Heart, he's obviously far from being of the annoying "I'm a fan but I haven't really loved anything she has released since COADF" brigade, which is worse than a "psychotic" Madonna Extremist like me and some others. What he expressed in his post was totally fine. 

Please Queen serve us AN AMAZING Video to this AMAZING track !

I love it so much and I don't want Give It 2 Me ( Part 2 ) for the Video !

Thank you ❤️

11 minutes ago, iamme said:

Every song on the COADF sounds like a masterpiece compared to those Madge has released so far. 🙄

Isn't Madge the pop icon that we love to hate, according to your favorite respectful article? Auwww :inlove: :thumbsup: