"Crave" thread (2nd single)

20 minutes ago, Andra said:

That Rihanna/Ariana mumbling in the beginning is just ridic. 😂 why would they make her sing like that?

There is a part from 2:09 onwards that I really like..she sounds lovely there.

This is clearly very radio friendly but I still don't think it's 2nd single worthy material.

I love the way she sings from beginning to end, so fresh and new for her, love it! Actually the only thing that takes me out of the fresh mood/characters the two create in the song is the 2 minutes in section which sounds old school Madonna (done to death before).

I’ll be waiting until Friday, I’m traveling and don’t have time to search for links or leaks.

But I’m happy that some said that it’s better than I Rise which was ok for me.

Omg I love this so much, what a treat. It’s the most US radio friendly song she has made in a long time.  Fuck I love this song. I had to stop listening to Medellin very early on because it was such an ear worm and I couldn’t get it out of my head but yet I couldn’t sing along cos it’s in Spanish. But this is on repeat until further notice!! ❌❌

2 hours ago, Tinpi said:

It's weird how everything was Tight for Medellin and now... It leaks... Did they changed her security !!! weird

My guess is because it has been prepared for service to pop radio so there are mp3/CD promo versions out there for mass radio adds. 

I love the song! My only complaint is that all these songs are so peaceful and happy sounding...uplifting and soft. The whole Madame x concept sounds like it should be really dark and edgy. That’s just a bit weird to me is all.  Especially with the intense look she gives in the standard artwork  

Also, I hope there’s is a radio deal. This is PERFECT for US radio!!

Edited by imakicola

1 hour ago, Andra said:

That Rihanna/Ariana mumbling in the beginning is just ridic. 😂 why would they make her sing like that?

There is a part from 2:09 onwards that I really like..she sounds lovely there.

This is clearly very radio friendly but I still don't think it's 2nd single worthy material.

The first part is kinda cringy, I agree, seems like she chose this song for the second single only because Swae Lee is a big hit on the radio... I'm surprised how fans are praising this song like it's a new classic 😂

I've listened to the whole song a few times... is it one of the strongest songs they've come up with ?

It could have been an album track on Rihanna's Loud...

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

I do not think this whole Madame X project suits your "taste" or whatever so please just log off 

Why so sensitive? I'm expressing my opinion like everybody else, we have a right not to like Madonna new single. Don't come for me I've been on this Forum since day one. I'm waiting for portuguese influenced songs, this era deserves a stronger single that represents this beautiful era

If it didn't have trap-style drums, I don't think anyone would say its trend-chasing...

The guitar is beautiful and timeless. It's lyrically like a mature/sensual answer to Justify My Love. I actually quite like the slurring vocals. This isn't the first time she's sung this way either (so it's not Starrah's influence)

I hope the video reflects the atmosphere in the song. It's amazing. Already my favourite M single of the 2010s

It’s my favourite song from Madame X so far. Her voice flows well with the melody, and I love Swae Lees voice. They work well together, nothing feels forced.  

1 hour ago, Sylphide said:

sorry if it's not related to Crave but have you guys heard this rumour of a second album to come June 20?? Illogical Music a french store dedicated to Madonna just dropped that... What do you think?

Where did you hear this! Maybe it's the mix tape? Maybe it's all the stuff she scrapped? Like the stuff with Nicki we were hearing "soon" 

4 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

If it didn't have trap-style drums, I don't think anyone would say its trend-chasing...

You're right. If it had a different style beat or more bare-bones, it would be a lot more moving. The Ne-Yo trap drums kinda take me out of the lyrics of the song.

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

Where did you hear this! Maybe it's the mix tape? Maybe it's all the stuff she scrapped? Like the stuff with Nicki we were hearing "soon" 

Ugh she's still working with Nicki Minaj? I thought they broke up with each other on social media through passive aggressive unfollows and I was so glad 😂

12 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Why so sensitive? I'm expressing my opinion like everybody else, we have a right not to like Madonna new single. Don't come for me I've been on this Forum since day one. I'm waiting for portuguese influenced songs, this era deserves a stronger single that represents this beautiful era

Crystal Coffin gets triggered REALLY easily if anyone ever criticizes anything about M. It’s ok, nobody is afraid of them 😂 

sorry if it's not related to Crave but have you guys heard this rumour of a second album to come June 20?? Illogical Music a french store dedicated to Madonna just dropped that... What do you think?

Isn't that mainly a Mylène Farmer store? I wonder how they would know anything about a second album...sounds odd

pls link

12 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Ugh she's still working with Nicki Minaj? I thought they broke up with each other on social media through passive aggressive unfollows and I was so glad 😂

😂😂😂

I have no idea I just remember Nicki saying it on the red carpet at the met gala last year

Beyond being about craving and longing is this song about  falling for someone a lot younger than her? Hence the Swae Lee feat. “Its on the line girl, youre risking everything”

Then in the bridge she says “i ran i ran and it was all inside of me” maybe these cravings were scapism and distractions for being content.

Love how it starts with the mumbling singing as if shes numb, very stylized and different for her. Then she sounds completely beautiful, very bare LAP type vocals.

7 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

Beyond being about craving and longing is this song about  falling for someone a lot younger than her? Hence the Swae Lee feat. “Its on the line girl, youre risking everything”

Then in the bridge she says “i ran i ran and it was all inside of me” maybe these cravings were scapism and distractions for being content.

Love how it starts with the mumbling singing as if shes numb, very stylized and different for her. Then she sounds completely beautiful, very bare LAP type vocals.

I think its young teen white girl fallin with teen black bad boy

I've not heard it yet and I will wait until Friday. I don't get the strategy for these single releases, she's officially releasing this as the second single but will perform Future at Eurovision with Quavo? Is this the official third single then as I am a bit confused as to why release Crave as the second single so close? Surely if Future is going to be performed this would be the single to focus on? Unless she is going to do a medley of both?

1 minute ago, JWAD said:

I've not heard it yet and I will wait until Friday. I don't get the strategy for these single releases, she's officially releasing this as the second single but will perform Future at Eurovision with Quavo? Is this the official third single then as I am a bit confused as to why release Crave as the second single so close?

Don't be surprised if we see 3 or 4 music videos before the album even drops. I think they're just kind of laying a narrative out about the album and all its flavors, with strong visuals to accompany.  In other words, they're literally throwing the new out there in waves and seeing what sticks. It's not like they have much to lose. At this point, it makes sense for Madonna to experiment and change up her format.

She may not get a hit song but she may get a decently successful album out of it.

I couldn't wait to hear it officially.

I like it and I'm not your typical HC-BS-RnB type of guy. Also not big on her collabs, but his appearance is nice. It reminds me a lot of AL era.

I interpret the lyrics as her addressing a kind of non-conformist attitude when it comes to feelings and relationships. I think it's great that she's singing about this although in quite a subtle way.

It's good - like most, I'm more excited about the Mirwais tracks but if this and I Rise are what the rest sounds like I'm happy. 

I think Beyonce kinda had this strategy with her last 2 solo albums. Bam, release a ton of material all at once, and with music videos. Maybe a hit will come out of it, maybe it won't, but the album will stand the test of time. It was very savvy with Beyonce, but Madonna could take it next level. We'll see.