"Crave" thread (2nd single)

Guest Future feat Quavo

Crave is AMAZING. Almost as good as Medellín. Swae Lee has a great voice. I Rise remains the worst 😘😘

honestly when i heard about a swae lee collab i thought it was gonna be another "champange rose" rerun but "crave" is very mature, pretty and the lyrics are really melancholic.

the instrumental reminds me of "summer son" by texas alot.

6 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

The Power of Goodbye comparison I really do not hear it there.

4 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Me neither. 

I cannot really comment since I have not heard the song but :ohgoodgrief: It doesn't have to be literally the SOUND / music / production of the song that the person tried to compare. Perhaps he or she was talking about the mid-tempo/ballad-ish vibe of it as a single, as opposed to stuff like "Die Another Day" or "Sorry". 

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I actually agree. The other two are straightforward productions, straightforward songs which are well written and beautiful (excited for remix for I Rise...it’s more anthemic than people are assuming..I’m hearing some on YouTube and it’s great for Pride anthem) ...

but Medellin is brilliant with all its little sounds and tricks that Mirwais incorporated and the fast to slow approach which probably turned people off is brilliant...the chorus being anticlimactic but then you enjoy it when you realize the bridge is the actual chorus...it’s just so smart and dare I say (even though sonically one can say it’s generic from a “reggaeton” standpoint) ahead of the curve 

Indeed. Full of surprises. There are so many different layers in this song. 

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

I cannot really comment since I have not heard the song but :ohgoodgrief: It doesn't have to be literally the SOUND / music / production of the song that the person tried to compare. Perhaps he or she was talking about the mid-tempo/ballad-ish vibe of it as a single, as opposed to stuff like "Die Another Day" or "Sorry". 

It's more like Bedtime Stories ballad than Ray of Light ballad, but that's just my impression.

10 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

It’s very distorted... can’t you hear it? Typical low quality mp3 file.

Sure I can. But that's what spotify freemium sounds like for the most part.

well its nothing like TPOGB or MA, it's like folktronica Goldfrapp mets RnB Britney with grillz

3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Well, from what I have heard there wasn't even a tiny whiff of The Power of Goodbye vibe - I'd wish, as I love that song very much. When you will finally hear Crave you may probably not detect the comparison either. They are worlds apart the two songs.

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Best quality for streaming: Deezer and second place is Apple. 

Poor Tidal.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Finally got a chance to hear "Crave".  Upon first listening, I wasn't sure if it was her at first.  She sounds different. It's actually pretty cool.  Very laid back track with acoustic guitars along with typical beats.  I can hear this on radio if they give it a chance.  Swae Lee sounds pretty good on the track as well.  It isn't anything like I expected by earlier descriptions from some.  A lot of people will either love this or hate it.  I'm loving it even though I don't think it's her strongest work. 

The lyrics... are soooo good...

'Cause you're the one I crave
And my cravings get dangerous
The feelings never fade
I don't think we should play with this
Said come, come get me straight
I don't think we should wait for this
'Cause you're the one I crave
And my cravings get dangerous 💛💚💙💜

https://genius.com/Madonna-crave-lyrics

Someone posted this on popjustice. I think it pretty much sums up how I feel about these tracks so far - though perhaps the only track i “love” is Medellin:

I love what she’s doing on this record so far. She’s taking sounds that have in one way or another been done lately, but she’s really adding her flavour and she is really showing everyone how it’s done in terms of subtle, precise, perfect production. She’s not jumping on trends, she’s enhancing them.

last two songs have been very RHish, kind of surprising everything considered... i hope swae lee's voice is way above in the mix in the final version, i like the duets in this record they all make sense and really fit the song instead of the "insert rapper here" approach of past attempts, the song is catchy and mellow and so far i think the songwriting in this record is good "stares at MDNA"  tho i wished i rise and crave had more of the experimental  flourishes that medellin had...

Guest eroticerotic

It's OK but not for her. Melody wise reminds me a bit of You Da One by Rihanna. Production is great. The production/instrumentals are all great so far. But this style doesn't suit her vocal though. If she was using her Erotica or even Ray Of Light (Skin vocals) singing and harmony styles I think this song would have been stronger (same with I Rise; Imagine Rain like vocals) But the vocals sound folky and at times muffled with a Grill. She's not trying to sound sexy and I think she should have given the lyrics and such. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Je5u5 said:

And you are?

No need to hold this one against one of our most reliable posters.

im not hes a friend ! lol

It’s a good song. A little flat imo. I heard it just twice. I will wait the real release and quality to make an official opinion. The instrumental seems pretty good. 

Crave it's like 100% Madonna. It has such an awesome vibe to it, and it's like a fusion of Bedtime Stories and American Life. I get a very experimental, folktronika, world music vibe from the song. 

And it's actually really cool to see long-time Madonna fans feeling confused by the song. Remember when Music came out and everyone was so confused and it then became a classic? 😁

Totally dig Swae Lee's bit too. It's not overwhelming and his voice fits perfectly with the vibe of the song. 

So far none of them have been kind of dancefloor bangers or anything close, which actually makes me really excited for this album. Very different from M's latest releases.

Based on what we have heard so far, and the all the Madame X concept and persona, I feel there's a much more mature, reflective, experimental, and musically diverse undercurrent guiding the album, which is really exciting! 

It's great. Another grower. And whoever said to stop worrying about streaming etc is SO right. M clearly isn't. I'm so happy to be a fan again. I was never unhappy but I do now realise I have maybe over hyped her previous recent albums because it was Madonna. Well no need this time. I'm in love. 

Omg, crying, it's so so beautiful holy shit its making me so emotional:( gorgeous melancholy American Life meets I dont know what, wow

Okay, finally heard it and super relieved.  From some of the descriptions, I was worried this was gonna be trying too hard.   It was not like that at all.  It actually sounds very mature and dare I say, I prefer it to the other two songs released so far (and I like Medellin).   The backing vocals are everything.