"Crave" thread (2nd single)

Well, Crave is definitely the catchiest of the three songs so far, and it sounds the most contemporary. I likey! 

I’m sitting in my living room in total darkness watching the Medellin Remixes on YouTube and rotating that with I Rise, Crave and the Billboard performance...all of it, is EVERYTHING!!!! So many musical nuances and so much for remixers to play with...it’s just PERFECTION!!!! The dubtronic takes a trip mix with the video....OMG !!!! It’s beautiful!!! When the flute comes in!!! It’s unbelievable how it makes me think of M and everything she’s done and that we’re on this new journey with her!!! I’ll never stop being grateful. What a MEGASTAR, the singular POP GODDESS OF ALL TIME. 

I just had to let that out! 

Oh oh and I recommend playing it LOUD ON YOUR BIGGEST SCREEN WITH A GOOD BASS!!!! 

Im not feeling Crave at first listen... Madonna's voice at the beginning of the song sounds weird... did she sang with the grills on?

Again I will need more time for the track to grown on me...

My ranking so far...

Medellin 

I Rise

Crave

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

I’m sitting in my living room in total darkness watching the Medellin Remixes on YouTube and rotating that with I Rise, Crave and the Billboard performance...all of it, is EVERYTHING!!!! So many musical nuances and so much for remixers to play with...it’s just PERFECTION!!!! The dubtronic takes a trip mix with the video....OMG !!!! It’s beautiful!!! When the flute comes in!!! It’s unbelievable how it makes me think of M and everything she’s done and that we’re on this new journey with her!!! I’ll never stop being grateful. What a MEGASTAR, the singular POP GODDESS OF ALL TIME. 

I just had to let that out! 

Well we'll said. I just love this whole era so far. So so proud of her for doing everything HER way!! Can't wait for mor revelations soon. 

1 minute ago, JR! said:

Im not feeling Crave at first listen... Madonna's voice at the beginning of the song sounds weird... did she sang with the grills on?

Again I will need more time for the track to grown on me...

I'm pretty sure she did 

Just now, Voguerista said:

Well we'll said. I just love this whole era so far. So so proud of her for doing everything HER way!! Can't wait for mor revelations soon. 

It’s just SOOOOO GOOD! I think the internet age has absolutely ruined the way we take in everything and, in another world, this would be #1 everywhere!!! People would clearly see and hear how expertly done Medellin and everything is!!! 

Another great song from what is shaping to be a great album. But I agreed that it doesn't seem to be single material. Maybe it will do good in the USA but I don't think the rest of the world will it up (I hope I'm wrong).

1 minute ago, CalinB said:

Guys, please DM Madonna and Guy about the lick... I did... 

6Xl4qo6.gif

This lick?

I think what we are getting is these: two single approach (with videos) starting this Friday. Crave (this Friday) and Future (next Friday...  both will been rolled out to radio one after the other... just like the roomers predicted months ago (two single approach)... we will not know which is the official single.

Medellin was a worm up act and will continued to be pushed to Latin America market as President of Maverick stated the other day. Smart, get the haters tired and add new fans to YouTube and Spotify in the process. 🙂

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Can't wait to hear this new track!  Sounds like a great song for radio. I expect it leaked because radio got the advance copies?

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

"The Power of Good-Bye" 

"Miles Away"  

"Best Night" 

^ songs from her catalogue that have been compared to "Crave" (in this thread). Uhhhh :wow:

It reminds me most of Love Spent.

I LOVE Crave !

Those people expecting Disco bangers or Confessions 2.0 are going to be very disappointed with this album.

But it's 3 out of 3 for me, LOVE the direction of this album so far.

I'd say I Rise is the best so far, then Crave then Medellin.

Can't wait for the Mirwais tracks, I think they are going to be Killer (but not disco)

Sure there are more uptempo songs but they will make you dance in a different way 😉

Anyway, thank you to those who helped, you know who you are. Unfortunately this is not a grower for me. Started so wonderfully well with Medellin, the last two I am not liking them very much. Not my cup of tea Crave, I am not feeling it.

Looking forward to playing the full album.

Just now, humanracin said:

I LOVE Crave !

Those people expecting Disco bangers or Confessions 2.0 are going to be very disappointed with this album.

But it's 3 out of 3 for me, LOVE the direction of this album so far.

I'd say I Rise is the best so far, then Crave then Medellin.

Can't wait for the Mirwais tracks, I think they are going to be Killer (but not disco)

Sure there are more uptempo songs but they will make you dance in a different way 😉

Medellin is Mirwais track and IMO, the best one from three tracks we got. 

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Medellin is the most watered down Mirwais track on this album I'm sure.

The Mirwais tracks not aimed to be hit singles will be the ONES.

Don't get me wrong I like Medellin a lot but it's very commercial compared to what Mirwais normally does.

51 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I wouldn't call it a very LQ leak. It's pretty much the same quality most people will enjoy while streaming.

It’s very distorted... can’t you hear it? Typical low quality mp3 file.

Just now, humanracin said:

Medellin is the most watered down Mirwais track on this album I'm sure.

The Mirwais tracks not aimed to be hit singles will be the ONES.

It'll be a very good album. 

1 minute ago, side_streets said:

I actually agree. The other two are straightforward productions, straightforward songs which are well written and beautiful (excited for remix for I Rise...it’s more anthemic than people are assuming..I’m hearing some on YouTube and it’s great for Pride anthem) ...

but Medellin is brilliant with all its little sounds and tricks that Mirwais incorporated and the fast to slow approach which probably turned people off is brilliant...the chorus being anticlimactic but then you enjoy it when you realize the bridge is the actual chorus...it’s just so smart and dare I say (even though sonically one can say it’s generic from a “reggaeton” standpoint) ahead of the curve