"Crave" thread (2nd single)

6 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I think it's my favorite of the 3 songs

+1

Madonna going back to her rnb roots

Just now, impr3ssive_instant said:

She said in the interview that she started off recording with the Portuguese musicians, and recording songs in Portuguese, and then it expanded to a worldwide album. There are acoustic elements in Crave though.

Agreed. The very beginning of the song, for example, and it's gorgeous. 

Just now, M_Sinner said:

We love her, but again we need to get real, is this a good single choice? Not really, and I'm afraid that young audience will mock her about singing through the grillz. I see Crave a perfect song for Nicole Sherzinger or Ariana, not for the queen Madonna. 

I can't wait to hear portuguese stuff ans batuka ladies! ❤️ I want/need that Madonna

I don't hear the grills in this 1? I think it' sjust hte way Starrah made her sing, which I resent. Madonna doesn't need to have an accent when she sings :lol: I hate when Pharrell made her do that crap too.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

It's beautiful!!! I've always loved Madonna's guitar ballads. Maybe this is not single material but it's a really nice and delicate song, just there in the middle of the album.

Still Medellín it's my favourite new song by far. And I'm still  craving for disco god Mirwais, sure.

Disco god? 

3 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

She said in the interview that she started off recording with the Portuguese musicians, and recording songs in Portuguese, and then it expanded to a worldwide album. There are acoustic elements in Crave though.

I can even reach as far to say that there is a bit of portuguese influence, but like from modern day music

Just now, Nikki said:

well, I've repeated it since the leak.. I havent repeated the other songs that much. I really love the mellow vibe, I think it's the strongest of the three so far. 

Yes, it sounds much more radio friendly than the other two songs and could chart much higher worldwide. But I guess Medellin was the right choice as a first single because it was an unexpected surprise and had a massive wow factor to get worldwide attention for her new direction.

3 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I think it's what the Bedtime Stories album would sound like if it was released today

Yes!! I got emotional, it’s beautiful. 

6 minutes ago, Disintegration said:

I like it the more I listen. 🙂 it isn’t mind blowingly original or whatever but I have several friends who I think would like this who don’t usually like M. I hope it does well if it’s a single. 

its current, brilliant and what she wants to do (and genre shes embraced many times before)

if someone wants disco, theres always Cher

I've listened to it a few times and greatly dislike it so far. the first verse bothers me way too much. hope it grows on me though. love Medellin and was meh about I Rise. 

I'm not feeling this track AT ALL... least favorite of the three released so far. And I hate her vocals, she sounds half asleep, drunk or lisping. Bring me the Mirwais tracks! Don't get this as a single choice... but I'm sure she knows what she's doing. This is definately NOT the video shot in LA indeed. And I also can't see her performing this or I Rise at Eurovision. I wonder what she'll perform there. This also isn't controversial as was reported earlier. I'm thinking "Killers Who Are Partying" was originally intended to be released earlier and something must have happened. I'll wait for the next track and pray for the Mirwais tracks!!!

I wish it hadn't leaked, even if it is for a few days. But I caved in and listened. At first listen her vocal delivery really surprised me. It has a great melody and it grows on you. I hope they have big plans for pushing it to radio.

I’m starting to think that the album it’s not commercial at all... and this songs are the most commercial material that they have.

maybe the work with Mirwais is really experimental... and all the Lisbon vibe it’s in those tracks.

I really like the song. It’s kinda low quality and I can’t wait for the official release when it’ll sound crystal clear. Love the guitar melody. My guess is she wanted Post Malone to do this with her and he might have refused and that’s when Swae Lee came in. I like Swae Lee and I think this collab sounds organic. Really great song.

I like it, it's another grower. Smooth jam, slightly dated but I still like it. I would have made her re-sing the first few lines (after removing that smelly grill) though.

5 minutes ago, robster said:

I'm not feeling this track AT ALL... least favorite of the three released so far. And I hate her vocals, she sounds half asleep, drunk or lisping. Bring me the Mirwais tracks! Don't get this as a single choice... but I'm sure she knows what she's doing. This is definately NOT the video shot in LA indeed. And I also can't see her performing this or I Rise at Eurovision. I wonder what she'll perform there. This also isn't controversial as was reported earlier. I'm thinking "Killers Who Are Partying" was originally intended to be released earlier and something must have happened. I'll wait for the next track and pray for the Mirwais tracks!!!

Next track is Diplo track.

8 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Yes, it sounds much more radio friendly than the other two songs and could chart much higher worldwide. But I guess Medellin was the right choice as a first single because it was an unexpected surprise and had a massive wow factor to get worldwide attention for her new direction.

plus Medellin has top notch production. This is good too but someone throwd the word demo earlier

A lot are hating the new songs at first and then they come back in here with their tail between their legs after their little outburst saying they like it now...the SMELL 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, FreeMySoul said:

I'm really worried now if robster hates it then forget it

Well, I;m just someone with an opinion. and it's fine, but I expected more from a supposed second single, to me it sounds like a generic b-side kinda track. Not a fan of Mike Dean's work personally. I'm more of a Mirwais, risk-taking kinda guy, which this is not, AT ALL... Besides the fact that her vocal production makes her sound half asleep or drunk...

12 minutes ago, robster said:

This is definately NOT the video shot in LA indeed. And I also can't see her performing this or I Rise at Eurovision. I wonder what she'll perform there. This also isn't controversial as was reported earlier. I'm thinking "Killers Who Are Partying" was originally intended to be released earlier and something must have happened. I'll wait for the next track and pray for the Mirwais tracks!!!

I think the same: Killers was intended for the ESC but was skipped by the EBU because of the controversal lyrics/title and now the plans have changed. I guess we get a Killers release after the ESC...