"Crave" thread (2nd single)

there's something sweet and nostalgic about the way she sings in the middle and end of the song which I really love.. but then there's the beginning where she sounds so weird.. "rush rush..."

anyway, so far

Crave > Medellin >>> I Rise

STILL waiting for disco god Mirwais

The bridge is gorgeous and she sounds less auto tuned than in I Rise and Medellin. 

I think the GP will eat this one up. It is trend-chasing, but in a more adult kind of way, as far from BIM as it gets.

This could be a top-10 AC hit. If Mariah's With You is currently at #7, I don't see why Crave, which is catchier, couldn't do it. I think top 40 is a lost case, though.  

As for Eurovision... I just don't see this song being performed live. 😞

2 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

The bridge is gorgeous and she sounds less auto tuned than in I Rise and Medellin. 

I think the GP will eat this one up. It is trend-chasing, but in a more adult kind of way, as far from BIM as it gets.

This could be a top-10 AC hit. If Mariah's With You is currently at #7, I don't see why Crave, which is catchier, couldn't do it. I think top 40 is lost case, though.  

I think this may do well in the US.. something about this sounds very bedtime stories/mellow//RnB (?)

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It's strange this era began with Madonna announcing her producer Mirwais as disco god... 😏

That is wierd a bit. The songs she release are good, but i always listen wanting to be blown away but something truly unique. Medellin did that to me. I rise and Crave are great but i can quote 10 songs similar with my eyes shut. It is like she tease one thing and then release quite the opposite. Everithing that was in the Madame x promo clip was amasing

Just now, Nikki said:

I think this may do well in the US.. something about this sounds very bedtime stories/mellow//RnB (?)

Yes! Bedtime Stories vibes!

I can imagine a beautiful performance and then Swae coming out on the screens...wait I guess not with the theatre tours...now we can all cry and miss the big screens and rapper inclusions on the videos and amazing technology of her big shows ...now that we’re getting theatre shows 

Great song, nothing like the other 2, very american. Is she wearing grillz in the verse? ☺☺ Medellin is still my fav.

10 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It's strange this era started with Madonna calling her producer Mirwais a disco god... 😏

There's still 12 other tracks!!!!

Jesus guys, let it go about this disco obsession.

4 minutes ago, dumitru said:

That is wierd a bit. The songs she release are good, but i always listen wanting to be blown away but something truly unique. Medellin did that to me. I rise and Crave are great but i can quote 10 songs similar with my eyes shut. It is like she tease one thing and then release quite the opposite. Everithing that was in the Madame x promo clip was amasing

It's great how she builds up this momentum/suspense and increases from announcement to announcement. Obviously this time she firstly collects an all new audience who aren't casual Madonna fans before she (hopefully) strikes massively.

Hmmm... it's certainly more commercial than Medellin and I Rise for radio. It's good! Bedtime Stories meets Hard Candy meets Rebel Heart. The feature's not necessary but I don't mind him in this. 

49 minutes ago, Nikki said:

fans were right to complain about the horrible Starrah, who really should only stick to making music for Rihanna like "singers".

the Swae guy adds nothing.

the instrumental is cute.. 

what I really miss.. the Portuguese musicians. where is the Portuguese or world vibe?

We need to the Mirwais songs. now.

25 minutes ago, Rock said:

I like Crave. Kinda sounds like a Miley Cyrus song (in a good way). It also reminds of me the American Life outtakes.

But where are the Portuguese influenced singles? So far no sign of it...:dazed:

Yes, I'm starting to wonder too. We're up to 3 songs now, with one of them having a strong Latin influence while the other two are very American sounding. Which is of course not a bad thing, I Rise is an excellent track and upon first listen Crave isn't too bad either.

But since M has frequently talked about being influenced by Portuguese music and drafting her record in Lisbon, the music doesn't really match it. Maybe there really was a change of directions somewhere down the road last year?

well, I've repeated it since the leak.. I havent repeated the other songs that much. I really love the mellow vibe, I think it's the strongest of the three so far. 

It's beautiful!!! I've always loved Madonna's guitar ballads. Maybe this is not single material but it's a really nice and delicate song, just there in the middle of the album.

Still Medellín it's my favourite new song by far. And I'm still  craving for disco god Mirwais, sure.

This is the first album where the duets and feats so far, are good. In RH the rent-a-rapper had no sense, it was like they were sampled in from other songs. This is how colaborations should be done.

i will say it again the bridge is one of her best delivery in years, raw and emotional and sweet.

We love her, but again we need to get real, is this a good single choice? Not really, and I'm afraid that young audience will mock her about singing through the grillz. I see Crave as a perfect song for Nicole Sherzinger or Ariana, not for the queen Madonna. 

I can't wait to hear portuguese stuff and Batuka ladies! ❤️ I want/need that Madonna

I like it the more I listen. 🙂 it isn’t mind blowingly original or whatever but I have several friends who I think would like this who don’t usually like M. I hope it does well if it’s a single.