"Crave" thread (2nd single)

20 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

We know you don't like Maluma and Medellin and that is perfectly fine and your opinion.  But do you have to tell us in every single thread.  

Just enjoy Eurovision when Madonna performs.  You are already spoiling it for yourself by concentrating so much on a song you don't like.  This is Madonna performing on the world stage - something to look so forward to in every way.   

I had to say the same thing to some of my friends. I get it, you don't like the song, move on...

4 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

"Pop ballad"? 

"Madonna today released the empowering and anthemic ballad “I Rise,” the second track of five songs to be previewed before her highly-anticipated new studio album Madame X debuts globally on June 14th. Following the release of the critically-acclaimed “Medellín,” additional songs to be shared with fans include the infectious pop gem “Crave” featuring Swae Lee and produced by Mike Dean on May 10, the Jamaican dancehall vibes of “Future” featuring Quavo on May 17, as well as the sonically innovative “Dark Ballet” on June 7. Listen to “I Rise,” HERE."

When i read "Pop gem" i thought of a dance song, not a ballad tbh.

Yeah idk...I’m gonna slow down on my updates...let’s just wait till Friday. I don’t want everyone to go crazy. M fans are DYING for a dance song

10 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

"Pop ballad"? 

"Madonna today released the empowering and anthemic ballad “I Rise,” the second track of five songs to be previewed before her highly-anticipated new studio album Madame X debuts globally on June 14th. Following the release of the critically-acclaimed “Medellín,” additional songs to be shared with fans include the infectious pop gem “Crave” featuring Swae Lee and produced by Mike Dean on May 10, the Jamaican dancehall vibes of “Future” featuring Quavo on May 17, as well as the sonically innovative “Dark Ballet” on June 7. Listen to “I Rise,” HERE."

When i read "Pop gem" i thought of a dance song, not a ballad tbh.

Well... I really like I RISE but I don't hear an anthem, here, and that's what they said about it, so....

Between filming and editing, she’ll need about a month till the video is out. But the single is out this week!

So maybe Mensch is on to sth when he says that maybe most of the video has already been shot. 

Or maybe they’ll release the track, let it simmer for a while, do Eurovision, let it simmer some more, send it to radio and then video? But this sounds so RH! Her team is too on top of things this time around for that kind of mess. 

Maybe the drag queen/dance song was originally meant to be the de facto pop single, but then the record company had a last-minute change of heart?

23 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Between filming and editing, she’ll need about a month till the video is out. But the single is out this week!

So maybe Mensch is on to sth when he says that maybe most of the video has already been shot. 

Or maybe they’ll release the track, let it simmer for a while, do Eurovision, let it simmer some more, send it to radio and then video? But this sounds so RH! Her team is too on top of things this time around for that kind of mess. 

Maybe the drag queen/dance song was originally meant to be the de facto pop single, but then the record company had a last-minute change of heart?

I think this might happen because May 10 is when the song is released on iTunes but might not be it's big launch, if that makes sense. Future is still coming to iTunes on the 17th after all. So we might get Crave on the 10th, a Eurovision performance on the 18th, and then the video maybe directly after on the 19th? A simpler video can be edited in two weeks. 

6 hours ago, imakicola said:

I wonder if the disco one is even true haha 

im getting sick of this disco, dance stomper, banger whatever thing

Madonna is much more than that

A ballad!? I’m ready to Dance this summer not sit down lol that would mean the first 3 songs released will have been slow....let’s dance please 💃🏻 

drowned madonna says it’s a dance track, so that gives me hope. No offense @Mensch 😂❤️😊

Edited by mrsmith

I guess we’ll know more Thur.....which was the first country to hear I Rise because of it being midnight there first...New Zealand?

anyway more reports of it being fast or slow or good or bad or sounding like this or that will come pouring in May 10

21 minutes ago, mrsmith said:

A ballad!? I’m ready to Dance this summer not sit down lol that would mean the first 3 songs released will been slow....let’s dance please 💃🏻 

drowned madonna says it’s a dance track, so that gives me hope. No offense @Mensch 😂❤️😊

None taken! I’m just passing the info. Source has been hearing it all day yesterday and right now and says it’s slow. But I hope I’m wrong and I’m “making all this up” as some people on here think (not you in particular) and it is a dance banger!!!!

24 minutes ago, mrsmith said:

A ballad!? I’m ready to Dance this summer not sit down lol so far the first 3 songs released have been slow....let’s dance please 💃🏻 

So far, the fan mixes have put me off quite well. I prefer to workout and run to fast rhythm tracks. Surprisingly I Rise works so much better as a disco stomper.

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

So far, the fan mixes have put me off quite well. I prefer to workout and run to fast rhythm tracks. Surprisingly I Rise works so much better as a disco stomper.

I know the rising sun and stormby remixes are amazing for making I Rise a fun dance track

28 minutes ago, Mensch said:

None taken! I’m just passing the info. Source has been hearing it all day yesterday and right now and says it’s slow. But I hope I’m wrong and I’m “making all this up” as some people on here think (not you in particular) and it is a dance banger!!!!

Or it could be a slowed down version for the tour? Think “sorry” remix for confessions. Who knows hehe we will find out soon. Sometimes they slow down the music for recording videos too.

13 minutes ago, loowee said:

Maybe Eurovision decided to ban Killers and she has to choose another song? 

I hope not. It would be absurd to change plans to suit Eurovision.

Tbh I'm not sure about a ballad, but let's wait and see..I Rise is beautiful and it's not even a single.

3 hours ago, Cesky said:

I think this might happen because May 10 is when the song is released on iTunes but might not be it's big launch, if that makes sense. Future is still coming to iTunes on the 17th after all. So we might get Crave on the 10th, a Eurovision performance on the 18th, and then the video maybe directly after on the 19th? A simpler video can be edited in two weeks. 

If they plan to push Crave in US radio it makes sense to release the video closer to the album release, perhaps even at the same week as the album.

They need to get everything put together this time instead of drop feeding us. 

If Crave has any chance of charting they need to release everything on the Friday, single, video, vinyl 💥