Madonna + Maluma slay Billboard Awards - watch Medellín performance!

Just now, karbatal said:

Jesús is a wonderful Madonna fan. Don't get so angry so fast. 

Btw Becky G was asked about Madonna on the red carpet of the BBA and she was wonderful. When asked about age she pulled a face and said that music and creation is not about age, skin colour or nationality. 

Agree. @Je5u5 is one of the best posters! 

Just now, karbatal said:

We love you Jesus!!!! 

And Crystal Coffin too (he's so angry nowadays that we'd better keep in his good side!) :lol:

imagine if he pulls a dracarys?

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Btw Becky G was asked about Madonna on the red carpet of the BBA and she was wonderful. When asked about age she pulled a face and said that music and creation is not about age, skin colour or nationality. 

Yes of course I love the answer by Becky and I gave that video a like. You won't hear the likes of Ari or Riri or Yonka defending Madonna bluntly that way in front of the press. 

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

Yes of course I love the answer by Becky and I gave that video a like. You won't hear the likes of Ari or Riri or Yonka defending Madonna bluntly that way in front of the press. 

It made me wonder a lot. There are certain artists that are vilified for the style and get horrible comments from high nosed posh audiences. Reggaeton artists are in that group. The fact that Madonna not only embraced Maluma but was so warm towards his style surely was so positive for them! 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It made me wonder a lot. There are certain artists that are vilified for the style and get horrible comments from high nosed posh audiences. Reggaeton artists are in that group. The fact that Madonna not only embraced Maluma but was so warm towards his style surely was so positive for them! 

They really understand what it is like to be hated and not pampered by the corrupted media and cunty critics. And they RISE above the hatred 

3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The BBMA performance now has more views than the audio. And that is good. 

Please stop comparing M's numbers with the current younger acts ALTHOUGH YES I KNOW SHE COLLABORATED WITH MALUMA AND SWAE LEE. That is a very vile post and it's repulsive that you think it is funny tricking people with that "Your faves could never" line. It's extremely annoying and does not make you any better than that Beyawnce loon. It's time to add you to my ignore list. Thanks. 

LOL. I'm comparing her numbers with other Maluma videos posted around the same time. I'm not being vile towards Madonna, I don't have a history on being vile or shady towards her and I'm not some newbie that might have a dubious agenda. Don't be so touchy. You know how even if the potential is all there (Madonna herself, Maluma and a great song) it's NOT setting YouTube on fire. That's why I ended my post calling for action, asking others to support and stream. I know I do everyday.

PS: 😘 @karbatal @Flip The Switch

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Meeting BTS backstage

Now bring those streams BTS army 🤣

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/tech/immersive-technology-whos-that-girl/5142442.article

Immersive technology: Who’s that girl?

Madonna’s performance at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards, where she danced alongside four avatars of herself, demonstrated the potential of immersive technology in live events. Jake Bickerton meets the London-based studio that created the spectacular sequence

Madonna’s eye-catching performance at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards was, even by the Queen of Pop’s lofty standards, an attention-grabbing showpiece, with the star dancing alongside four different versions of herself.

It would have been difficult to tell which one was the real Madonna, if not for a sprinkling of VFX fairy dust that welcomed each digital Madonna onto the stage.

The photo-real illusion was created using digital avatars made by immersive studio Dimension. The company creates highly realistic virtual human avatars inside a circular volumetric stage with 106 cameras, split between 4K video and infrared.

The subject is surrounded by the cameras, which are mounted on a circular grid forming the framework of the stage.

The combination of video and infrared cameras makes it possible to capture depth information. A wireframe of the subject is first created, then a volumetric mesh is added to give the model a degree of realism. Finally, a photo-real texture is applied to the mesh to create the lifelike 3D avatar.

You can move a virtual or physical camera 360 degrees around this virtual human to show whatever angle you like, but the avatar will only perform the moves captured and can’t be reanimated.

The companies behind Dimension are immersive media firm Hammerhead, digital technology innovation centre Digital Catapult and Microsoft.

Dimension joint managing director Simon Windsor says: “The Madonna shoot all came together at the eleventh hour. She came to our volumetric studio in Wimbledon over two evenings, staying from 7pm to 2am each time, and we created four different personas for her.

“There was a lot of pre-production time working with Madonna’s choreography team and dancers to ensure what we were filming would work flawlessly with the physical camera moves on the night.

“We made sure they understood the way the tech works, the dos and don’ts of interacting with the avatars. We also offered advice on Madonna’s wardrobe and what items of clothing would resolve better than others. To make sure the holograms would look convincing and slot in seamlessly alongside the real Madonna and her dancers, we planned the routine with pre-viz and storyboards.

1309100_m1_338824.jpeg

“Madonna was fantastic to work with,” he continues. “She’s a big advocate of using tech in live performances. It’s a world first having holograms perform on stage in this way and introduces lots of different creative possibilities around how the physical stage translates into virtual worlds. It’s a watershed moment for believable holograms.”

Jeremy Silver, chief executive of Digital Catapult, says: “Madonna’s performance at the Billboard Music Awards provided just a taste of the unprecedented levels of visualization and storytelling made possible by immersive technologies.

“Such performances are critical moments for the UK immersive sector, demonstrating the vast potential of these technologies and the UK-based studios championing them. It is only a matter of time before we see their wider adoption within the music industry and the broader creative sector.”

1 hour ago, Intervention_78 said:

I didn't care for those silly holograms during the BMA's performance. I think it would've been better to have drag queens with her on stage as those characters. 

As cheesy as it would be ..I actually agree. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:17 AM, Intervention_78 said:

I didn't care for those silly holograms during the BMA's performance. I think it would've been better to have drag queens with her on stage as those characters. 

I loved the holograms... to me it had the same impact when I first watched the bedtime stories video... it was amazing. 

On 9/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, FeTuoni said:

I loved the holograms... to me it had the same impact when I first watched the bedtime stories video... it was amazing. 

Me too. They were really creative and worked perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:45 PM, Rock said:

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/tech/immersive-technology-whos-that-girl/5142442.article

Immersive technology: Who’s that girl?

Madonna’s performance at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards, where she danced alongside four avatars of herself, demonstrated the potential of immersive technology in live events. Jake Bickerton meets the London-based studio that created the spectacular sequence

Madonna’s eye-catching performance at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards was, even by the Queen of Pop’s lofty standards, an attention-grabbing showpiece, with the star dancing alongside four different versions of herself.

It would have been difficult to tell which one was the real Madonna, if not for a sprinkling of VFX fairy dust that welcomed each digital Madonna onto the stage.

The photo-real illusion was created using digital avatars made by immersive studio Dimension. The company creates highly realistic virtual human avatars inside a circular volumetric stage with 106 cameras, split between 4K video and infrared.

The subject is surrounded by the cameras, which are mounted on a circular grid forming the framework of the stage.

The combination of video and infrared cameras makes it possible to capture depth information. A wireframe of the subject is first created, then a volumetric mesh is added to give the model a degree of realism. Finally, a photo-real texture is applied to the mesh to create the lifelike 3D avatar.

You can move a virtual or physical camera 360 degrees around this virtual human to show whatever angle you like, but the avatar will only perform the moves captured and can’t be reanimated.

The companies behind Dimension are immersive media firm Hammerhead, digital technology innovation centre Digital Catapult and Microsoft.

Dimension joint managing director Simon Windsor says: “The Madonna shoot all came together at the eleventh hour. She came to our volumetric studio in Wimbledon over two evenings, staying from 7pm to 2am each time, and we created four different personas for her.

“There was a lot of pre-production time working with Madonna’s choreography team and dancers to ensure what we were filming would work flawlessly with the physical camera moves on the night.

“We made sure they understood the way the tech works, the dos and don’ts of interacting with the avatars. We also offered advice on Madonna’s wardrobe and what items of clothing would resolve better than others. To make sure the holograms would look convincing and slot in seamlessly alongside the real Madonna and her dancers, we planned the routine with pre-viz and storyboards.

1309100_m1_338824.jpeg

“Madonna was fantastic to work with,” he continues. “She’s a big advocate of using tech in live performances. It’s a world first having holograms perform on stage in this way and introduces lots of different creative possibilities around how the physical stage translates into virtual worlds. It’s a watershed moment for believable holograms.”

Jeremy Silver, chief executive of Digital Catapult, says: “Madonna’s performance at the Billboard Music Awards provided just a taste of the unprecedented levels of visualization and storytelling made possible by immersive technologies.

“Such performances are critical moments for the UK immersive sector, demonstrating the vast potential of these technologies and the UK-based studios championing them. It is only a matter of time before we see their wider adoption within the music industry and the broader creative sector.”

Great article. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Royal T said:

Madonnas team really deleted this performance from her YouTube channel, I wonder why?? 🧐 

I thought it was blocked in my country. Now, we have only the altered Eurovision video as the promo for the album 😂

On 11/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, Royal T said:

Madonnas team really deleted this performance from her YouTube channel, I wonder why?? 🧐 

It's absurd. The same happened with the Living for love performance at the Grammies. It's a shame that "her team" deletes out of the blue a very popular performance with 14 million views already without giving any reasonable explanation.  

2 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

It's absurd. The same happened with the Living for love performance at the Grammies. It's a shame that "her team" deletes out of the blue a very popular performance with 14 million views already without giving any reasonable explanation.  

Another proof that her team is the worst. God, how annoying.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:14 AM, Royal T said:

But the Eurovision catastrophe remains on her channel :lmao::hotmess:

• 2 weeks later...

Could somebody re upload it ? like it happened why the one from the 2015 grammys  that was re uploaded by somebody else  ❤️ such h a shame she invested lotsa da casha  on the performance and she deletes a few months later    #bitchimmadonna lol xD 

• 4 weeks later...