Madonna + Maluma slay Billboard Awards - watch Medellín performance!

Great performance. It felt really joyous and happy. Love her and Maluma together. He seems so genuinely happy to be performing with her and I think that’s part of the reason they have such great chemistry. 

9 minutes ago, rekha said:

They obviously chose to use the rehearsal audience in the end

BUT there was a long blond haired woman in a red dress that was going absolutely crazy on the night and it's a shame she isn't in it😝😝😝

I saw that. She was INTO IT! :headbang:😂

54 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

It has been blocked and no one has even viewed it

2 minutes ago, San said:

I saw that. She was INTO IT! :headbang:😂

The poor thing ran out into the aisle and then back to her original place😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Still seems to be available for me?

Blocked for me

Have you notice the differences between the Live and the broadcast  (NOT the holograms)

the Live at 3:50

Madonna says We built a cartel just for love

Maluma says OK (like what ever ) taken away from the broadcast, where he just raise his shoulders and hands.

Well, I've only watched the official video, but I don't understand the negativity from some people on here.  Madonna served an absolutely breathtaking, beautiful performance which was very understated and effortless.

The holograms were absolutely integral and not gimmicky, as she is singing about being somebody else in the song, and more importantly they introduce the concept of the multiple identities of Madame X. 

On a lighter note, I was pretty chuffed I had identified two of the Madame X holograms from that first post!🤓

2 out of 4 ain't bad!😁

5 minutes ago, flexy said:

Well, I've only watched the official video, but I don't understand the negativity from some people on here.  Madonna served an absolutely breathtaking, beautiful performance which was very understated and effortless.

The holograms were absolutely integral and not gimmicky, as she is singing about being somebody else in the song, and more importantly they introduce the concept of the multiple identities of Madame X. 

On a lighter note, I was pretty chuffed I had identified two of the Madame X holograms from that first post!🤓

2 out of 4 ain't bad!😁

What negativity? We are in a bliss coma.. Maybe you are confused with other forum? 

27 minutes ago, jpop said:

Have you notice the differences between the Live and the broadcast  (NOT the holograms)

Maluma says OK (like what ever ) taken away from the broadcast, where he just raise his shoulders and hands.

Many subtle differences performance wise as well. Did the split view video from my hotel room before leaving for work and no time to reencode so the video is like half a second off but gives you a clear idea.

33 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I like how she's calling them out on no awards. 

Doesn't  she have more Billboard Awards than anyone?

With over 30 awards from Billboard

At the rehearsal it seems no phones were allowed so people could actually clap and dance whereas on the night everyone is recording her!!

The performance was stunning. I loved the chemistry she and Maluma have. The set was breathtaking and constantly changing and there was a sense of party and fun throughout the song and the live performance that reminded me of Dress You Up Medley last tour. Can't wait to see this in the new one. Holograms were cool and original, but IMO they did not really add much. The performance would also be great without them.

36 minutes ago, jpop said:

I think this might be a rehearsal as the audience are different too - but they are filming alot of close up shots so wondering if they needed to film it in advance to make the holograms for the live show?

It was fun to watch. Especially for tv viewers, for live audience it was probably a bit messy.  The chemistry between Madonna and Maluma is great, so I would probably scrap the whole story and rather cheap decorations and build the performance around the two of them, with 100% live vocals. Something more intimate.

1 hour ago, tuckeye said:

I am surprised they uploaded it so fast. well done new madonna team.

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

I love the theater elements in the performance as well .  The moving sets etc . They go so well with all the new technology elements like the CGI / Holograms .

Stunning and fastest upload on her youtube channel .

Her team should also be applauded !

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I'm surprised they uploaded it so quickly! I'm so happy she finally has a team that has their shit together!

I was nagging them repeatedly since a week ago to clear any rights issues with NBC ahead of time and be ready to get it online quickly to strike while the iron is hot. Thankfully this isn’t like the 2015 Brits in which it got uploaded a week later! :doh:

4 minutes ago, mrsz said:

It was fun to watch. Especially for tv viewers, for live audience it was probably a bit messy.  The chemistry between Madonna and Maluma is great, so I would probably scrap the whole story and rather cheap decorations and build the performance around the two of them, with 100% live vocals. Something more intimate.

I actually loved how the created all the different scenarios as it makes for a very theatrical performance and Madonna really excels in those kind of performances

if this is an indication of how the tour is going to be like, we're in for something BiG!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥❤️

27 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

I was nagging them repeatedly since a week ago to clear any rights issues with NBC ahead of time and be ready to get it online quickly to strike while the iron is hot. Thankfully this isn’t like the 2015 Brits in which it got uploaded a week later! :doh:

There is a new energy to this era and I love the fact that it's not ALL about getting into the chart . Madonna is maing music she loves and is enjoying herself and which reflects in this performance .

Does anyone think this could be what she meant by 'Magic' all along? Maybe augmented reality plays a bigger part in the Madame X project?