Madonna + Maluma slay Billboard Awards - watch Medellín performance!

7 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

So confused by this performance. I may to wait until I can see it in HD and in a big screen. But right now it just seems and sounds like an overproduced mess. 

So why not just wait then instead being the FIRST fucking negative Nancy of the night?

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

In what way? 

I’m having a hard time articulating it, but to me it was almost like her actual performance as well as the song were buried under all the hologram and stage production stuff. Was all that so needed? I would have rather seen a LIB Drowned World tour setup, and the batukada stuff she teased on insta, and perhaps her licking his toe (lol). I don’t know, something more natural and organic.a simple cha cha class would’ve been so effective. Not to mention the sound. Either sing live or don’t. What’s your take? 

8 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

In what way? 

The holograms were a distraction from M and Maluma. It didn’t make sense. 

12 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

So confused by this performance. I may to wait until I can see it in HD and in a big screen. But right now it just seems and sounds like an overproduced mess. 

I agree

2 minutes ago, peppermint said:

So why not just wait then instead being the FIRST fucking negative Nancy of the night?

Because I have balls and say what I think, and I am being careful about it, and I’ve been here a minute. 

So did you like it? What did you like about it? 

4 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

I’m having a hard time articulating it, but to me it was almost like her actual performance as well as the song were buried under all the hologram and stage production stuff. Was all that so needed? I would have rather seen a LIB Drowned World tour setup, and the batukada stuff she teased on insta, and perhaps her licking his toe (lol). I don’t know, something more natural and organic.a simple cha cha class would’ve been so effective. Not to mention the sound. Either sing live or don’t. What’s your take? 

I agree but TV people want a show and scenery and stuff

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

B E A U T I F U L

Stunning. What an unforgettable night. ✨✨💫💫👸🏼👸🏼👒🕺🏼❤️❤️

3 minutes ago, davejr. said:

Her dancers were amazing.

1...2...cha cha cha. 1...2...cha cha cha!!

Loved it - great performance.  

I saw a clip on You Tube filmed by someone in the audience and the end stage section at the end of the performance after walking through the crowd - the audience around the end stage are totally different people. I think the end section might have been pre-filmed to get the holograms to work perhaps. I don't care as it was brilliant but fascinating how they put it together  

Search user SoLA489 on Youtube to see it. Great view as other shots have camera on the stage close up to her at the start so think maybe long shots might have been from a rehearsal?  On the audience filmed version Maluma says "make some noise people" pointing his finger at her, and on tv he says "ok ok ok" not pointing his finger?

Edit - I think this clip must be a video of the rehearsal with a full but different audience lol

Edited by MDNA45

8 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

B E A U T I F U L

:inlove: May she continue to drink from the fountain of youth, she looks incredible. 

12 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

I know.. I feel the same.  She could have elevated the song with a lot of musicians and organic sounds like we saw in some of the dancers’ instagram stories and M playing with the drums..

Im very surprised madonna approved this. She used to have such a good eye for quality.. not sure why we had to see all the madame x’s.. just seemed like a random idea.. it didnt fit I hope the next song and next performances are gonna be better and more up to her level and what we’re used to.. 

This was amazing !!!! I was hoping the holograms were different incarnations of herself but it was MADAME X incarnations but damn what a performance one of her best and she has a ton - the QUEEN 

21 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I actually know a little about this since it's in my field of work.

It's not the same technology as the Tupac hologram. That was done using an illusion called "Pepper's ghost" where an image is projected onto glass at an angle. The crowd could see it. It's only the illusion of 3D though.

Madonna used something similar to Augmented Reality, where it's only visible through the camera. What makes it impressive is that they aren't projections but full 3D objects. Notice how the camera can move around them like they were real objects.

Thanks for explaining!

15 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

THAT WAS AMAZING.

I also loved the audience recording posted earlier on the thread, the vocal mix sounds completely different and shows what people actually saw.

Yes, this was interesting — to see what the audience saw/heard.

To be honest, I loved the holograms and thought they were cool and impressive — however, I don’t feel like the audience in the arena was “cheated” in any way. M still put on a traditional spectacle with the set, costumes, dancers... It wasn’t just a tech trick, you know?

I do like Maluma — they have good chemistry, he is super respectful of M, and he is cute. The vocals, though ... from that audience video. Maybe the audio mix on the official YouTube video will be better.

The performance looked like she was having fun. It showed, I think, 4 Madame X looks as holograms and was something different than she had done before. Don’t know why people are being negative. Fun song, fun vibe, fun performance. Good promotion. Where’s the remixes at? 

Are you people nitpicking it watching it on your phones or something? 🙄

I just don't see how this can seem confusing or "cluttered" to anyone. It actually seemed very smooth , slick and clean.

It's cool if someone doesn't like it but please don't act like this was some cheap performance she threw together quickly or that she "phoned in" her performance. Can't stand how M fans do that. This was totally an "M level" performance in every aspect. I mean there are people that feel the Super Bowl performance is bad so.....she'll never win everyone with a single performance.