"I Rise" thread

Isn't "I Rise" just another album track single being available "early" before the album is released? This is in order to promote further interest in the album for increased pre-orders and to quench the thirsty appetites (LOL) for the fans.

I've seen this strategy with a lot of albums in the past few years. They release a first official single to radio, with a video, then every other week until the album is released, another track becomes available to listen and download. Hopefully this pushes the sales up...

Is anyone else concerned that she will be denied the #1 album slot in June, since Bruce Springsteen's album comes out that same day 😬

8 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

Isn't "I Rise" just another album track single being available "early" before the album is released? This is in order to promote further interest in the album for increased pre-orders and to quench the thirsty appetites (LOL) for the fans.

I've seen this strategy with a lot of albums in the past few years. They release a first official single to radio, with a video, then every other week until the album is released, another track becomes available to listen and download. Hopefully this pushes the sales up...

Is anyone else concerned that she will be denied the #1 album slot in June, since Bruce Springsteen's album comes out that same day 😬

Yes but I m not concerned

30 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Sorry if this was posted before but what time on Friday for "I rise" will it be at noon?

Nothing confirmed, but I would actually think midnight Thursday night since these promo releases just usually go up at midnight v. Medellin which was a special premiere. 

21 minutes ago, Cesky said:

Nothing confirmed, but I would actually think midnight Thursday night since these promo releases just usually go up at midnight v. Medellin which was a special premiere. 

Makes sense thanks!  👍

so "I Rise" is still on for release Friday (or tomorrow night Midnight as far as everyone's concerned)?

Someone from Popjustice:

I Rise lyrics start with:

I'm going through it again no you can't see the tragic in it
Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it
I can't break down now
I can't take that now

For those who were disappointed with her vocal delivery in Medellin, this one should restore your faith. She sounds crystal clear in it! Good vocal mastering this time round. Although there's a bit of vocoder effects being used closer to the track ending. It's a very poppy sounding ballad. I don't know how to describe it but perhaps a mix of Ghosttown and Devil Wouldn't Recognise You?

13 minutes ago, robster said:

Someone from Popjustice:

I Rise lyrics start with:

I'm going through it again no you can't see the tragic in it
Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it
I can't break down now
I can't take that now

For those who were disappointed with her vocal delivery in Medellin, this one should restore your faith. She sounds crystal clear in it! Good vocal mastering this time round. Although there's a bit of vocoder effects being used closer to the track ending. It's a very poppy sounding ballad. I don't know how to describe it but perhaps a mix of Ghosttown and Devil Wouldn't Recognise You?

sounds great. I love both G and DWERY. It will be absolutely amazing.

So 2.5 hours to wait here...

Australia will also be hitting midnight soon right?

Omg!!!! That is EPIC. Love the layered vocals in the chorus!

I tell myself everytime to wait it out until the album release too, but I know I‘m way too impatient for that, so this time I‘ll just go right ahead :laugh::laugh:

Gorgeous vocals, no autotune, clear vocals. Layered in harmonies, especially in the chorus. It's an uptempo ballad so to speak. Reminds me of a mixture between "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "Body Shop", little bit of world music and a slow groovy beat and epic vocals! Very warm sound!

2 minutes ago, runa said:

might be my computer then - because all I hear is a robotic voice

Sounds like that on my phone!! 

6 minutes ago, runa said:

might be my computer then - because all I hear is a robotic voice

Nope no robotic voice, I'm listening to it with my headphones!!!