"I Rise" thread

7 minutes ago, runa said:

it has been repeated over and over the disco song is KILLERS Lol

There has never been any confirmation though, only rumours.

Exclusive news on Madonna’s ballad “I Rise”

We at DrownedMadonna.com learned some exciting info regarding “I Rise,” from Madonna’s Madame X album. Precisely, that the track is a Ballad and exactly a Pride Anthem.

You might have noticed that, in the press release for Madame X, it was announced that “I Rise” will be an anthemic song. What we heard is that the song is something very special for our LGBTQ community, precisely a Gay Anthem

Unlike “Medellín”, we at DrownedMadonna.com are glad to reveal that “I Rise” is NOT a dance track, but a ballad. Anyway, we also learned that it will be remixed specifically for the clubs.

A gay anthem in the making.

As you probably know, “I Rise” is one of the 4 songs that will be available from Madonna’s Madame X album, before the release of the full album. 

It is not a coincidence that “I Rise” has been chosen as the first of these 4 tracks. In fact, the day after it will be available, Madonnawill receive the prestigious Advocate for Change Award at the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. 

Madonna always has and always will be the LGBTQ community’s greatest ally and it is only fitting to honour and celebrate our biggest advocate at GLAAD’s biggest event ever,” said GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis. “From the HIV crisis to international LGBTQ issues, she fearlessly pushes for a world where LGBTQ people are accepted. Her music and art have been life-saving outlets for LGBTQ people over the years and her affirming words and actions have changed countless hearts and minds.”

This will be a very exciting Madonna‘s week, with a very epic performance at the Billboard Music Awards, the release of “I Rise” and the GLAAD Award acceptance. 

The pride season is starting soon!

7 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Some people are in denial saying Medellín is a buzzy single and I Rise is actually the first single. :lmao:

Don't understand the hate for Medellin, it is awesome. Gets better and better with every listen.

18 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

It is!!!

The verses are very melodic, chorus is catchy is hell, the beat is great... Wtf do people want from her?

30 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

The verses are very melodic, chorus is catchy is hell, the beat is great... Wtf do people want from her?

... Another Hung Up. 🙄

This is obviously old tea, but...

Madonna’s Next Video Rumored to Be a Tribute to Stonewall and Drag

Last week, Madonna released an epic-dinner-party-in-the-woods themed video for the single “Medellin,” off her upcoming 14th studio album, Madame X.

As if that wasn’t enough to gag the converted, the rumor mill has it that her next video, for the track “I Rise,” will be a love letter to the LGBTQ community. There’s plenty of evidence to back up the belief, too, like queens like Monét X Change confirming they’ll be in the video. There’s also Madge’s surprise appearance at The Stonewall Inn on New Year’s Eve.

“I stand here proudly at the place where Pride began, the legendary Stonewall Inn, on the birth of a new year,” she told the crowd gathered around her that night.

She said they all came “together tonight to celebrate 50 years of revolution, 50 years of freedom fighting, 50 years of blood, sweat, and tears.”

http://www.newnownext.com/new-madonna-video-stonewall-tribute-drag-queens/04/2019/

I'm really hoping there will be a video for the song. I'm in need of another Madame X appearance 😍😍😍

7 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I guess some people don't connect with the Maluma parts, but the song is awesome, so catchy and the production is superb. For me it's a worthy first single.

I love his parts. Think it’s a great first single 

3 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

I've heard it's a midtempo, not a ballad. And definitely not a dance track. But I guess we'll leave doubts on just 4 days. Whatever this song is, count me in!

21 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I love his parts. Think it’s a great first single 

Those edits without Maluma are terrible, he adds alot to the song.

Just now, Sideris said:

Madonna please don’t go to Eurovision with ballad ....😭 I want an disco song !!!

I don't think she will do I Rise in Eurovision.

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

Love that the fonts on the cover match the typewriter/MADAME X fonts we’ve seen so far. Everything is so tied together.

The only thing not matching is the standard edition which has the Times font for Madonna and the lips sown. I hope she reconsiders and uses the bold Madame X font for her name on this version. Something like this:

Screenshot_20190418_114923.jpg

1 hour ago, Sideris said:

Madonna please don’t go to Eurovision with ballad ....😭 I want an disco song !!!

She won't.

2 minutes ago, JWAD said:

The only thing not matching is the standard edition which has the Times font for Madonna and the lips sown. I hope she reconsiders and uses the bold Madame X font for her name on this version. Something like this:

Screenshot_20190418_114923.jpg

Or leave her name out totally. Too bad if anyone doesn't know who she is!

3 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Or leave her name out totally. Too bad if anyone doesn't know who she is!

Yes I would prefer if she removed it completely. I don't understand the placing and terrible font of her name on the standard version