"I Rise" thread

1 hour ago, horn said:

It's not a bad track but using it as first single? come on....

Glad that it's not the second single.

Me too. It's okay...but it's not fun like MedellÍn. The views on YouTube for  MedellÍn took off immediately are still climbing. I Rise has been no where successful in views yet.  She knows what she's doing and her first single was the appropriate choice.

I’m so glad to see the great reviews. I want her to have a critically acclaimed era and end up on all the the best albums of the year lists.

I think some people are mistaking the way Madonna sings the verses for vocal treatment.  Her vocals appear minimally treated on this track until the finale. In fact, the song sounds like classic Madonna.

God I love this song so much...............!!   :inlove:

But I stick to what I said 1st time I listened to it: There's a lot of vocoder in there, no matter what some people say, haha

2 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I love this song so much too. It inspired me to make a playlist with only albums closer and it makes a fantastic album. ❤️

Her closers are the best of any artist in the world!

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Her closers are the best of any artist in the world!

It's the Madonna that I love the most, the engaged, dark and combative one.

Spot on references by many here. I can also hear some of DWRY, Best Friend. Her vocal style (or approach? I am not an expert on this technical things) is definitely one I feel I heard in HC songs for the first time. And I agree with others in that her vocal style/delivery doesn't do much for me. Otherwise, a cute song.

6 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

lol her team is killing it so far this era, she looks great in the video. Turn on closed captions. I guess I don't really get your complaint, do most artists do "proper lyric videos" for their non singles? If this video had the lyrics you think it would get more views? Or there should be a second lyric video? What do you want exactly? The team is hardly lazy this time around.

Honestly, I like the visual they provided for the video more than just lyrics.

2 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Absolutely great as  it  brings her  side  of  being a  dancer like martha graham's elegance through the lyrical ballade at  the  same  time

Edited by veroelectronica

5 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

it would have been cooler if it wasn't just a loop and also had the lyrics, but i agree that the visual is great. i couldn't take my eyes off it when i was listening to the song.

7 minutes ago, JWAD said:

This remix is great...

I Rise (Stormby Mix Edit) by Stormby Official

Nah.... that’s like w generic Template remix ...

this is unique:

I'm actually looking forward to the next gorgeous visual that will accompany the next audio drop. I'm hoping for the accordion player that stole the Billboard Awards. 😅

10 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Not official of course ... but quite a good video

Why do we post these unofficial links here on this forum and distract ourselves from actually steaming the official songs on Spotify/Apple and YouTube videos?  Can we stop?

5 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Why do we post these unofficial links here on this forum and distract our self from actually steaming the official songs on Spotify/Apple and YouTube videos?  Can we stop?

Lighten up it ain’t that serious. Not everybody is here is interested in gaming the charts. These videos have next to no impact anyway and would only get a handful of views for a minute from here. 

43 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Not official of course ... but quite a good video

I love this and seeing how people are inspired by Madonna's music and powerful  lyrics. It has the perfect theme. Powerful stuff about survival, overcoming and never letting anything defeat us. Thanks for posting. 

31 minutes ago, runa said:

This song is on repeat at home and I can't get enough of it. 

same here. It's really taken its hold on me more than when I first heard it. Now I can't get enough. 

2 hours ago, NorthernLad said:

Me too. It's okay...but it's not fun like MedellÍn. The views on YouTube for  MedellÍn took off immediately are still climbing. I Rise has been no where successful in views yet.  She knows what she's doing and her first single was the appropriate choice.

The release of I Rise wasn’t meant gain any views or charting. It was meant to keep her fans excited about what Madame X has in store. 

US iTunes:

I Rise #42

Medellín #83

I’m amazed some people still listen to Swallow!

11 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

US iTunes:

I Rise #42

Medellín #83

I’m amazed some people still listen to Swallow!

They swallow what they are spoon fed.

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I love this and seeing how people are inspired by Madonna's music and powerful  lyrics. It has the perfect theme. Powerful stuff about survival, overcoming and never letting anything defeat us. Thanks for posting. 

Official enough for a buzz track. 🔥