Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn’t sound disco to me but I could barely make out what I heard anyhow...I’m praying with the release of I Rise, they announce her for Pride! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mensch said:

It didn’t sound disco to me but I could barely make out what I heard anyhow...I’m praying with the release of I Rise, they announce her for Pride! 

Thanks! Are you able to confirm which song she filmed the video with the drag queens for? I Rise or Killers? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

the fact that it's the song on the limited 7" disc makes me think it's not just an album track....?

I wondered about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird to release on the 3 a song only as buzz unless Medellin is the single for two months, Eurovision included? What a THRILLING era, full of surprises!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mensch said:

It didn’t sound disco to me but I could barely make out what I heard anyhow...I’m praying with the release of I Rise, they announce her for Pride! 

I think something is brewing as well from what I’ve been hearing we can only hope

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it is inspired by the Maya Angelou poem. 

 

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.
 
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
’Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.
 
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.
 
Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?
 
Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
’Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin’ in my own backyard.
 
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.
 
Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?
 
Out of the huts of history’s shame
I rise
Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
 
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that’s so Madonna! Hope that’s the lyrics, but then shouldn’t Angelou be credited as co-writer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

M posted some of the lines from this poem on her instagram a few months ago.

 

I imagine if she uses some of them she would definitely credit Angelou. But let's wait and see.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Melody_Maker said:

Thanks! Are you able to confirm which song she filmed the video with the drag queens for? I Rise or Killers? 

Again, I saw a clip on a friends phone...so no, I have no specific insider info on which song it is...it’s anyones guess at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would LOVE for her to reference that poem in some way. It certainly fits her to a T. 

 

I am thinking that this is the song that was filmed with the drag queens at the Globe Theater

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

this is probably just a still from that video clip right???

 

omg

yes please. I need Madonna moving around in that Martha Graham homage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

yes, I think so too :chuckle:

but that picture makes me wonder maybe it was posted on this forum somewhere else already 😞 

I could look at your gif all day long! 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Is it too quick to move on to I Rise already?

It depends on Madonna. If she releases I Rise on the 3, then we will move on with her to the new green prairies 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I Rise NO es Single, NO tiene video, y NO es un tema Dance más bien un hibrido entre Easy Rider y Like Or not. 

Edited by Mcp77
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It depends on Madonna. If she releases I Rise on the 3, then we will move on with her to the new green prairies 

 

Yeah, it depends on the reception. She's also supposed to release a new song May 10 and May 17, so it's not like all of them are getting the full treatment. My assumption is that they are all to tease the album. If one does significantly better than the others in terms of sales and streaming, perhaps that will get it chosen as a future single. But I would assume the second single is already chosen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monsieur X said:

I wonder if it is inspired by the Maya Angelou poem. 

 

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.
 
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
’Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.
 
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.
 
Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?
 
Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
’Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin’ in my own backyard.
 
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.
 
Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?
 
Out of the huts of history’s shame
I rise
Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
 
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

 

Very Madonna indeed.  I would not be surprised if she was inspired by this because we all know how she feels about Maya and in fact I think I remember her posting some of this on her insta a while ago?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mcp77 said:

I Rise NO es Single, NO tiene video, y NO es un tema Dance más bien un hibrido entre Easy Rider y Like Or not. 

Why are you writing in Spanish? And what's your source? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...