"I Rise" thread

3 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I've only heard it once and I must say I'm not loving it. It's ok but feels like an album track with similar theme to survival.

Still I need to listen to it a few times more as I often change my mind.

Yeah, same issue. Album or bonus track or... I dunno.  I am going to sink my teeth into it this weekend for sure but it's giving me Ghosttown feels 

(I know I am one of the only M. fans alive to be meh on GT, but... )

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

I don't understand why people praise GT, but I do like Rise

Do you mean Ghosttown?  For me, I think it's one of her greatest ballads.  Of course, she had many other great ballads.  I Rise is a great song, and I don't see it on the same level as her conventional ballads.  Still, I can't stop listening to  I Rise,  but GT is still far superior.  

15 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Do you mean Ghosttown?  For me, I think it's one of her greatest ballads.  Of course, she had many other great ballads.  I Rise is a great song, and I don't see it on the same level as her conventional ballads.  Still, I can't stop listening to  I Rise,  but GT is still far superior.  

I love humans. I couldn't disagreempre but that's the beauty of music. I think ghost town is so dull but obsessed with I rise! It's so interesting to discuss!  Like Medellin, every time I listen to I rise I hear something New. The production is amazing 

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

I love humans. I couldn't disagreempre but that's the beauty of music. I think ghost town is so dull but obsessed with I rise! It's so interesting to discuss!  Like Medellin, every time I listen to I rise I hear something New. The production is amazing 

I don't think either song is dull, but GT is far more impacting and beautiful.  I agree that I Rise is amazing.  

Yes, I also hear something new every time I listen to I Rise (eight times so far). This is one of my favorite Madonna songs ever. I usually instantly bond with certain of her songs and the bond lasts forever.

I love the verses, the pre-chorus, the chorus, the bridge, and the finale. I think the line “I know you see the tragic in it, you gotta hold on to the magic in it” is classic Madonna, something that could have come from her in any era of her career.

There are few things I like more than when Madonna does her own background vocals, so imagine my joy when we arrive at the second chorus and she does the call and response with “I Rise.”

I love every single thing about this amazing song!

However, it’s not a ballad, and I do hope for two on the album.

i like the chorus. it's stuck in my head. i think the 'bridge' could have been a bit more climatic rather than slowing down the song.

it's sort of in the WIFLFAG category for me... not as good a ballad as ghosttown, i'll remember or you'll see, but better than one more chance.

2 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

It sounds so current. Listen to Banks new single “Gimme” after it, it fits perfectly 

I just did it That ia a very good track also

26 minutes ago, qaz said:

Officially obsessed!!!!

Screenshot_2019-05-03-20-04-35~2.png

Respect to any region that appreciates Madonna over Tay Tay's Me and the classic Amii Stewart's Knock on Wood.

8 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Stop listening to Me. It rots your brain and I love Banks also 

Don't worry. No more spins for Me. Actually the second time I skipped it in the middle.

Love this song! This is the Madonna I’ve been missing!

This remix is way too good not to share!!!

Also this is more of what I was hoping for, a subtle color effect. Love the official one but if fans make subtle changes in their remixes, I might end up watching these over the original! 

Listened to it all day and with headphones on at the gym.  I love it! The production is top notch. Slick and it stays with u.  So excited for next friday with ‘Crave’!!!!!!

5 hours ago, qaz said:

Officially obsessed!!!!

Screenshot_2019-05-03-20-04-35~2.png

I know what you mean hehe

20190504_083926.jpg

And this is not counting YouTube and only from my phone LOL.

I haven’t connected to a new Madonna song this instantly in a long time I don’t get the hate for it. This song resonates with me on so many levels. There’s really no room for negative comments this era. Learn to appreciate. 

I wasn't in love with it on first listen. Thought it was ok but I Rise is pretty anthemic and a total grower . 

I'm totally in love with it now. The QUALITY of the two songs so far are sublime. Can't wait for the album .

Guest Future feat Quavo

Well I dislike it even more than before but I know Crave will be amazing :bow:

I'm a bit 50-50 on the Emma Gonzales sample but the song itself is great. Love her voice on it and the overall message of the song. Two for two so far. I don't want to jinx it but I'm starting to think she's about to deliver another masterpiece.  Everything is blowing me away this era.