"I Rise" thread

I want to love it but so far I am not. Please don't stab me like I'm the Night King.  For me It just feels... expected? I dunno. I'm still stuck in Medellin anyway. 

I love the song i hope it gets a lot of attention.. it's a serious issue the world is facing.

Ohhhhh myyyy gooddddneeesssss. I love, love, love, love, love "I Rise", heard it a thousand times already today 😍😍

I love it!!!! It's an instantantaneous favorite for me. It has the type of lyrics, melody, vocals and production that I love from Madonna. I liked Medellín but not as much as I Rise. Can't wait for the next songs. 

I like what Madonna's new PR is doing this era. Releasing Medellin first was risky, but then following it up with I Rise was really smart imo. I don't think they are necessarily concerned with airplay--Beyonce isn't either. I rise is for the fans, and I'm here for it. Don't kill me for the Beyonce reference, we all know she's using Madonna's blueprint, but she's the only one doing it well compared to her peers (concerts, buzz, documentaries, etc).

I WANT REMIXES NOWWW

3 minutes ago, Shedoeshair said:

I Rise should have been the first single! 

I kind of agree, but I think it may have been released 2nd strategically.  Maybe to get all of the haters and ageist trolls out of the way with Medellin, and then follow it up with something like I Rise which nobody expects...?  All I know is I first heard Medellin and liked it... better than "Living for Love," but when I heard "I Rise" last night I teared up like a little bitch. I just said to myself "she did it, she fucking did it"  BECAUSE "I Rise" sounds like the classic Madonna I've been missing, and the sound works for today. I think "I Rise" will be a fan favorite for the ages even if it doesn't chart. BUT we need remixes!!

Loved this track on first listen! The chorus and her vocals are on point. She is forever the Queen and deserves another big global hit.

Not too impressed after a few listens tbh. I'm not keen on the treatment given to the vocals throughout. 

19 minutes ago, geminigoat said:

I kind of agree, but I think it may have been released 2nd strategically.  Maybe to get all of the haters and ageist trolls out of the way with Medellin, and then follow it up with something like I Rise which nobody expects...?  All I know is I first heard Medellin and liked it... better than "Living for Love," but when I heard "I Rise" last night I teared up like a little bitch. I just said to myself "she did it, she fucking did it"  BECAUSE "I Rise" sounds like the classic Madonna I've been missing, and the sound works for today. I think "I Rise" will be a fan favorite for the ages even if it doesn't chart. BUT we need remixes!!

I teared up too, and steel do when I hear it at several listens in. 🙂 It gets to you, as a surviver.  It's an anthem for us gays for sure, but as a survivor of any abuse this song really gives you wings... I can't wait to hear her speech tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

What's next? Y'all gonna complain the video doesn't have braille? 

I am exhausted. There is nothing they don't complain about on this forum. I am just scrolling past it at this stage because I am busy streaming and getting people to download, I Rise, medellin and MadameX on Itunes. That's where my energy is. Instead of constantly woe is us on the charts page and complaining about her dancing and God knows what else. I am not saying we should be sycophants but some people are doing too much with the criticisms. Chill the F out.

I Rise is a much better song than Medellin. As far as quality of music and lyrics. I believe it would have been a more successful and impactful lead single especially with the gun issue. But we all already agree we haven't had the best lead singles in forever so...This is no slant on Medellin which is a perfectly decent track and should be top ten if not for the various restrictive factors. Still, I Rise in my eyes is by far the superior song no question.

41 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

Not too impressed after a few listens tbh. I'm not keen on the treatment given to the vocals throughout. 

Same... I mean I like it but I won’t be listening to it a hundred or so times like I have Medellín.

2 hours ago, Mozo1 said:

I want to love it but so far I am not. Please don't stab me like I'm the Night King.  For me It just feels... expected? I dunno. I'm still stuck in Medellin anyway. 

I've only heard it once and I must say I'm not loving it. It's ok but feels like an album track with similar theme to survival.

Still I need to listen to it a few times more as I often change my mind.

all the haters will come to love it wait and see

I on the other hand can't stop playing it can't stop thinking about

worshipping at the alter of Madonna

Thank you Queen 🙏🙏

4 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I've only heard it once and I must say I'm not loving it. It's ok but feels like an album track with similar theme to survival.

Well, it is an album track...

https://parade.com/877527/samuelmurrian/madonnas-i-rise-song-of-summer/

Madonna's Anthemic New Song 'I Rise' Is a Soaring Ode to True Strength 

MAY 3, 2019 – 9:32 AM

By SAMUEL R. MURRIAN

Madonna

Hot on the heels of a rousing, $5 million-budgeted and glowingly well-received performance of previous single Medellín with Maluma at the Billboard Music Awards, Madonna released the follow-up track early Friday morning. “I Rise” is a moving, triumphant ode to genuine strength. The internationally influenced Madame X era is shaping up to be one of Madonna’s most confident, beguiling and artistically ambitious reinventions to date.

Opening with a clip from a speech by Stoneman Douglas shooting survivor Emma Gonzalez, “I Rise” is a clear-eyed tribute to empowerment. It sees Madonna as defiant and rebellious as she was when she burst onto the scene in 1983. With dreamy lyrics and ethereal production, “I Rise” is the feminist icon’s call for going high in hard times.

At just over three and a half minutes long, “I Rise” packs an emotional punch that may catch even diehard Madonna fans off guard. Catchy as all get-out and composed almost entirely of effortless hooks, this also bears a raw lump-in-the-throat quality that’s mostly been missing from The Queen of Pop’s last few albums, which were too heavy on collaborations and of-the-moment trends. Madonna is always at her best when she’s front and center and not holding back. No other pop star can match her for personality. The Maluma duet worked because it was out of left field, and there’s a real spark between the two.

Now 60, Madonna has sold more music than any female artist in history, and she’s broken more records than could fathomably be listed. She has nothing left to prove, but it’s clear she’ll never run out of things to say. That’s great news for her legions of fans.

Madonna’s 14th studio album Madame X will be released June 14. It is available for pre-order on iTunes and other services.

Madonna is scheduled to be honored with the Advocate for Change Award for a Lifetime of Accelerating LGBTQ Acceptance at the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in NYC on Saturday.

Listen to “I Rise” below. Do you think this will become an anthem? Could Madame X be one of Madonna’s best albums ever? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.