"I Rise" thread

Very solid song. Powerful lyrics, vocal delivery, and production. 

However, Medellin is still top for me - just more rich and exciting elements to it. Plus i love a good groove.

Madonna is on point this era. :dramatic:

20 minutes ago, BlondAmbition1990 said:

it´s nice but her voice sounds too robotic for my taste...but i only heard it once till now

I am hoping we hear some of her voice without effects on the album on at least a few songs.

The verses and chorus seem to have very minimal autotune no?

Obviously the adlibs and outro vocals have strong autotune or vocoder on them but the lead vocals sound quite natural to me.

15 minutes ago, imakicola said:

I like it but somehow it makes me feel like it belongs on Hard Candy. 

...'cause she s singing black...yo..jadoooreee

I love it. I agree that it has elements of familiarity with songs from her back catalogue but also sounds very modern and current. Amazing lyrics, simple, powerful but not condescending. A big achievement. 

:manson: at the people online who think that YouTube audio video is an actual full fledged music video and complaining that it sucks because she’s making the same move over and over again! :electropop: :rotfl: Omg the stupidity! :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

:manson: at the people online who think that YouTube audio video is an actual full fledged music video and complaining that it sucks because she’s making the same move over and over again! :electropop: :rotfl: Omg the stupidity! :lmao:

People should learn how to read. 😂

2 hours ago, BlondAmbition1990 said:

it´s nice but her voice sounds too robotic for my taste...but i only heard it once till now

needs a few listens to get used to the altered voice.

I don’t know how she does it, but manages to sound fresh and now, without losing her personal classic M style on the song.

It fits perfectly in her catalogue and will hopefully appeal to younger listeners of Ariana etc

Honestly, to me this song is much better than Medellin, idk, I Rise is just much more the kind of song that I was "expecting" even though I still like Medellin.

So maybe Medellin is not one of her best songs ever but I definitely like the two realeased songs as opener and closing track of the album because I think it makes sense in the whole picture.

Even though they're completely different songs, I like Medellin more. I like the end of the I Rise, reminds me of AL era 😁 Madonna knows how to write a song with empowering lyrics

It's rising up above it on iTunes lol

I Rise

iTunes:
#4 Spain
#8 Brazil
#9 Finland
#12 Greece
#13 Italy
#14 Mexico
#15 France
#15 Netherlands
#17 Sweden
#18 Singapore
#21 Ireland
#21 Malaysia
#21 Poland
#27 France
#35 United Kingdom
#35 Belgium
#42 Australia
#56 Spain
#59 United States
#60 Germany
#66 Denmark
#68 Switzerland
#72 Denmark
#77 Netherlands
#79 Taiwan
#87 United Kingdom
#92 Italy
#102 Austria
#117 Russia
#118 Canada
#127 Belgium
#134 South Africa
#147 Mexico
#159 Australia

The song is okay and I can imagine that it could work great live with the audience. At the moment I like the visuals and story of Madame X much more than the two songs. But I can comprehend why she prefers to present edgier and less catchy pop tunes at the beginning of this era to build up a certain tension.

I've been playing it a lot over the past few hours and still can't get enough of it. It's fantastic. 

I prefer it to Medellin, tbh.

I'm fascinated with the song. It has so many layers! It's so emotional and different and great.

I prefer Medellin but tbh they're too different to compare.

7 hours ago, alexis said:

Beautiful song! I loved!

Well, the song was added to the following playlists (there are other playlists on the following pages), followed by approximately 4 million listeners

Madonna i rise first day.png

By song, you mean I Rise? That would be great! I think this song can catch fire in some markets... although I know it's not intended as a proper single. I sooo love this song.... I am an American, so this song is sooo deeply powerful for us Democrats... it should be our anthem. 

28 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I like the idea of M doing a real modern dance choreography. especially with the mention of Martha graham lately.. it could fit with this song.

This.  It would be great also if Lourdes would do the dancing in a live performance while she sings. 🙂

7 minutes ago, CalinB said:

This.  It would be great also if Lourdes would do the dancing in a live performance while she sings. 🙂

That would be sweet too 🙂

By the way.. I hadn't seen the audio "video" of the song yet. She looks like a real modern dancer. Absolutely love it. something in that style for a tour performance would be amazing