"I Rise" thread

6 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I preordered a Madame X shirt on Madonna.com and it came with a digital download of the album. I just got an email that "I Rise" unlocked for me. I think that's really cool! I thought it would only do that for people who preordered on iTunes and stuff.

Aww damn! I wish I would've checked my email before I bought the song on itunes. 

Those lyrics are empowering and I’m really moved by Emma Gonzalez’s inclusion. I love the vocoder effects at the end.  I’m sure this track will sound phenomenal as an album closer. 

18 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Since morning I can’t stop listening to it. What a song. 

“No one can hurt you now unless you want them to

No one can hurt you now unless you love them too”

brilliant lyrics. 

tumblr_inline_nqor52s1GI1r9aung_500.gif

Loving it more and more. Those lyrics are so powerful. I adore the way she sings this. With all the crappy, basic shit that’s being called Music today, this is like something cleansing for the ears and the soul. What a legend!

I can't stop listening. Her voice is sublime on this track....particularly that very first verse. Whoever called out her phrasing on this song was spot on too! 

I Rise is better than (almost) everything she's released since Confessions imo. Certainly better than every single since Hung Up (to me)

Perfect vocals, immaculate production. Totally modern yet still completely classic Madonna. This is exactly the type of music I hoped for. I'm HYPED!

it´s an ok song. I guess, as it always happen with her, a grower.But i love her voice, and I´m not happy that they had touched it again as with medellin...I always have great expectations with her last songs, even more than with the lead singles(n her last albums at least).This is the weakest of all the last ones (easy ride...). anyways, I think it´s a great idea people can hear this other side of her, and not always the catchy popstar!

This will be one of my all time favorite songs.  It’s not just the newness talking.  I said this from the start about Joan of Arc, Inside Out, Wash all Over Me, and Messiah, and more than four years later they all still stand among her best for me.

I love everything about this song.

I love Madonna's voice which is often criticized for not being much but it has so much warmth even when the soundscape behind her is electronic.

I Rise audio is out. The medellin video and bbma performance is still there. Both songs on spotify and itunes. Stream. Buy. Tell your friends. More action.

26 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

I love Madonna's voice which is often criticized for not being much but it has so much warmth even when the soundscape behind her is electronic.

Say it again!! Madonna has got to be one of the most undervalued singers of all time. It's that warmth, emotional conviction and ingenuity in her voice that has kept me connected all these years. I suspect that't the case for many of us here! That goes so much further to me than soulless vocal acrobatics for the purpose of showing off. 

Has Madonna even mentioned this song anywhere? It's so beautiful but like Beautiful Scars it is going to go unnoticed. Then some song with some Swaelee is what she will promote. 😏 She is actually at her best on her own even though I enjoyed Medellin. How does the audio video have only 140k views? Please tweet the link and go watch it too.

11 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Has Madonna even mentioned this song anywhere? It's so beautiful but like Beautiful Scars it is going to go unnoticed. Then some song with some Swaelee is what she will promote. 😏 She is actually at her best on her own even though I enjoyed Medellin. How does the audio video have only 140k views? Please tweet the link and go watch it too.

Wow, I thought of Beautiful scars (demo) of how a great song that sounds current yet classic Madonna that will be ignored, like this one probably will be

Absolutely love it, what a great way to wake up, to a new Madonna song!  It just leaves me wanting more, more more!!  This is turning out to be such an amazing era already, we are so lucky!