"I Rise" thread

1 minute ago, Get Together said:

Oh my god this just unlocked for me and I have the CHILLS

This is fucking epic and beautiful, the bass with headphones is insane

Yes!

Thank you Madonna!  Best run of album closers of any artist ever, and that’s whether you count Wash All Over Me or Rebel Heart!

6 minutes ago, Mensch said:

This is very Beyonce and Ariana but still being Madonna. Sounds like that closer on B’s Lemonade (not specifically but just the feeling of it closing the album) and the verse melody reminds me of some Ariana track ...not to bring them up but just saying it’s fresh and current enough to appeal to an audience that may ignore her but still, it’s beautiful and well done well beyond these girls skills...and the video is gorgeous. 

Just listened to it for the first time and I can totally hear what you mean. Very current but pure Madonna......it's what she does best. No matter what "current" sound she integrates into her work, she always seems to bring a level of sophistication and skill that the others just don't seem to be capable of.

I can definitely hear this as an album closer. Can now understand the Queen comparisons too....I like I Rise better though, I feel like it's just stronger melodically. Love the production and LOVE her voice.....even (and especially) the auto-tune parts. I feel like it enhances the song on that last part. No doubt this is going to end up sitting comfortably with Rebel Heart, Falling Free, Easy Ride, Mer Girl etc as among her best album closers. This song is more instant than Medellin but it's still a grower in a sense too. There's a lot to take in with this song! 

I hate to be negative but I think the song is just ok. Sounds like a b-side from Rebel Heart. Looking forward to hearing the other tracks but this one doesn't do much for me.

I enjoyed the chorus, the visuals are nice as well. The Les Mis Madonna is my fav.

This song is getting near universal praise on YouTube and Twitter. Lots and lots of people saying this is the Madonna that they love. Lots of Brazilians saying they’re in tears listening to this track (given what we’re going through politically). 

I dont love the song yet, but I’m stunned by people’s reactions so far. Let’s wait until tomorrow, of course, but I’m quietly wondering if this, against all odds, might become more than just an album track.  

12 minutes ago, OhFather said:

I’m sure this was discussed, so forgive me, but who is narrating the opening? 

Parkland survivor/activist Emma Gonzalez.

11 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

I wish the outro was longer resembling Hyperballad's.

I wish the song was longer.

But that's the magic of music if it makes you want more!

Just now, OhFather said:

Thank you! Powerful ending and an inspiring message.

You're welcome! Indeed! 🙌

2 minutes ago, ITG said:

I wish the song was longer.

But that's the magic of music if it makes you want more!

I found myself wishing this too!! Really love that outro and feel like it could go for another full minute.

It’s instantly incredible. The kind of song only Madonna can do. So inspired!

She’s singing classic Madonna yet in an entirely different style. Taking risks.

Queen Emma is fire 🔥 too.

listen #6 - this song is a hit 

Since morning I can’t stop listening to it. What a song. 

“No one can hurt you now unless you want them to

No one can hurt you now unless you love them too”

brilliant lyrics. 

So we’ve gotten the album opener containing a mid tempo cha-cha and now we know the closer with it’s slower r&b vibe....so what’s the next move

1 minute ago, Aries said:

So we’ve gotten the album opener containing a mid tempo cha-cha and now we know the closer with it’s slower r&b vibe....so what’s the next move

1 minute ago, Aries said:

I hope we will get a couple of ballads, a couple of dance songs, a couple of experimental tracks and a few surprises.  Madame X will have it all.

I Rise is everything!

I  LOVE IT!!!  One of my favorite songs of hers in years.  Sounds like it could be a current hit.  I wish she would have made a million dollar video for this intead of (wasting it on) Medellin.

Yeah, song is amazing and a perfect album closer but definitely doesn't scream "single" to me at all.

Medellin is most def not a "conventional" single but it still sounds like a single to me. 

I preordered a Madame X shirt on Madonna.com and it came with a digital download of the album. I just got an email that "I Rise" unlocked for me. I think that's really cool! I thought it would only do that for people who preordered on iTunes and stuff.