"I Rise" thread

9 minutes ago, Bjornvegards said:

Such an amazing song. I love it... This is what I’ve been waiting for....Pure Madonna magic....

Amazing!

Does anyone knows if the initial speech is Madonna’s or another person?

5 minutes ago, rodials said:

Amazing!

Does anyone knows if the initial speech is Madonna’s or another person?

I answer to myself: 

Had just read that the intro is from Emma Gonzalez.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I'm in love with it.  Beautiful song.  Somewhat a ballad, but not if that makes any sense?  Don't see it as a single, but it sounds like it's just a promotional release for the album since "Crave" is on record to be the 2nd single.

Okay finally getting to hear the song in full! Was already mesmerized by that chorus when the first snippet was posted and yep, hearing it in high quality just reaffirms my feelings  :wow: 

Wonderful melodic chorus that already feels like classic M. Also love the "I can't break down now, I can't take that" lines. The one thing I have to warm up a bit with are the verses, they fall a bit flat compared to the epic chorus IMO. 

1 hour ago, madmex said:

Nice song but why the robotic voice again?  Where's her beautiful natural voice?  =/

I think I’m the same. It’s a good track. But I’m not feeling the processed vocal effects.......I really hope this isn’t the case for the whole album, everything we’ve heard so far has this effect 😕

2 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

12 minutes until I can listen, so excited!

I ready to press buy like it’s a Wild West shootout! 7 more minutes 😁

6 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I think I’m the same. It’s a good track. But I’m not feeling the processed vocal effects.......I really hope this isn’t the case for the whole album, everything we’ve heard so far has this effect 😕

Out of curiosity, did you have the same response to Music and American Life? Tons of processed vocal effects on both records.

6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Out of curiosity, did you have the same response to Music and American Life? Tons of processed vocal effects on both records.

No not at all. I love the robotic vocals on Nobody Knows Me, Nobody’s Perfect ect.....they sound more stylised. This sounds very.....I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll get used to it.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, Shaun said:

That's a good point. I was thinking the same when reading some opinions on the vocal effects.  Let's remember, she produced the album with Mirwais who is known for such effects. 

Based on people’s comments, I feel like I Rise will be among my all time favorite Madonna songs.

I don’t like the thought of listening to a Madonna closer before the album is released, but I am debating listening to all the officially pre-released tracks as they appear on Spotify since that is what she and her team intends for us to do. I can accept that albums are rolled out differently these days.

Less than five hours to go.

1 minute ago, Amelia said:

That's a good point. I was thinking the same when reading some opinions on the vocal effects.  Let's remember, she produced the album with Mirwais who is known for such effects. 

And by reading the comments I was expecting something like Revolver mdna tour version but it's not that process. It's even less that Medellín imo. Again with the whole album. We will understand the sound of it and its concept. On the same album we had nobody knows me, i'm so stupid, Die another day. American life and intervention, mother and father, nothing fails, easy ride, X static etc. Very raw and very futuristic electronic. 

Just bought I Rise, I love it, I love the driving chords, the strings, the atmosphere. I don't hear Devil Wouldn't Recognise You.

I tried listening to inside out and I rise back to back. While I think inside out has a slightly stronger melody, it’s in the production department that I rise is like 1000x better. It’s crispier, more layered, the bass doesn’t distort and her vocals are crystal clear. At the end of the day, all things considered, I rise comes off as the stronger track, hands down. 

Just now, tasteinmen said:

Just bought I Rise, I love it, I love the driving chords, the strings, the atmosphere. I don't hear Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.

It's more between devils pray and hold tight IMO

Wow. LOVE THIS SONG. Much needed beautifil song by M to empower us in our moments of need like so many other songs she has made before. And it rings true because it comes from her soul.

Love the production, everything about it.

Just now, YannBouch said:

It's more between devils pray and hold tight IMO

With a splash of Live Perfusion. I love those kinda reflective, mellow, cool vibe songs she does.