"I Rise" thread

What a welcome surprise! It's way better than Medellin IMO. And I agree with the previous posters who found similarities with Queen, Ghosttown and DWRY. Can't wait to hear the rest. One song per week turns out to be a good idea in the end.

6 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Something I love about Madonna is that she challenges me as a listener/consumer of her art. Sometimes upon first listen, it's just so different than my expectations that I almost can't comprehend the sound? Some Madonna songs I fucking LOVE, that I just didn't get upon first listen: Frozen, Music, Impressive Instant, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day, American Life, I'm so Stupid, Mother and Father... like I had never heard songs sound anything like these before and I was like, what the fuck am I hearing exactly? I couldn't live without these songs now! So I think it's really cool that nearly 4 decades into her career, she is doing it to us again and coming out with music so fresh and unexpected! 

LOVE this post!! Yes yes YES!! This has always been one of the best things about being an M fan to me and a testament to what a true artist she is!! I can't tell you the number of M songs I was "confused" about on first listen that are now favorites. Love that she challenges us in this way......and she has done it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Even if it's only one song on an album, there's always that one that really opens your mind as to the full potential and breadth of what a "pop song" can be.

Nobody does it better. I haven't heard I Rise yet.....Idk if I wanna wait or not!! 😭 I at least wanted to wait until I could buy it on itunes and/or stream on Spotify.....but I'll prob appreciate it more now than I will when I'm half asleep at midnight tonight so I may look for it now. 

50 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

Sounds so good with headphones.. 

ysuv0.jpg

Yeah! It's rich and smooth. The vocals are fresh and sound great. It's like 'is that Madonna'

Some Freedom (Rebel Heart demo) lyrics

I love it!

1 hour ago, datf said:

my personal opinion of the song is that it would fit well on hard candy. it's quite a fine song. it's not single material but it's quite good. an edgy devil wouldn't recognise you imo.

However I think DWERY has stronger melody and as a whole is much better from songwriting point of view. DWERY should have been a single in my view and it stands out on HC as the best song, together with TBGO.

1 minute ago, JohnSon said:

Is this an official single or a buzz track do we know? 

buzz track, not a single. Crave is heavily rumoured to be the second single.

4 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Where you guys listening new song? I can’t find it anywhere in Spotify or ITunes 

what time is it in Lithuania ?

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

It sounds more like a Lana Del Rey song than anything else...even a little Natalia Kills thrown in. Also I'm very curious if she saw the Natalie Portman film Vox Lux since it does revolve around him violence and pop stardom.

i can hear it. not the vocals obviously.

4 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Where you guys listening new song? I can’t find it anywhere in Spotify or ITunes 

Depends on the time zone.  It is on Itunes here in Australia so have already bought it.  You will have to wait until midnight to buy or stream it.  

A few hours ago i listened  the 1 min clip ..be honest ..very disappointed.
but I just got the full song from iTunes after 12 am local time..I m impressed after listened with good speaker
love the vocal and production.  I think this song one of the best Madonna album closing track

I dont hate it but i also dont love it. Its really catchy but IMO too much autotune. Something more melodic woulf have been great too. For me its the first filler of the album. But a pretty good one anyway.

2 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

I dont hate it but i also dont love it. Its really catchy but IMO too much autotune. Something more melodic woulf have been great too. For me its the first filler of the album. But a pretty good one anyway.

I don't think is autoctone, but most mirwais sound.

Excellent production!

For me, the guitar chords are reminiscent to The XX, while the beats are very Lana's Born to Die.

I am loving her backing vocals during the chorus when she sings in a lower register ”IIIIIIIII Riiiiiissseeeee” 😍

To me it sounds as if Hard Candy and Rebel Heart (album) had a baby in 2019.

33 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Depends on the time zone.  It is on Itunes here in Australia so have already bought it.  You will have to wait until midnight to buy or stream it.  

Ohh I see. Thanks for info:)