"I Rise" thread

2 minutes ago, Crux said:

Your username tells us everything we need to know.

24 posts and already whining. Can we ban this turd, please?

What are you talking about? I was supporting what steve208 said.

I have to wait till midnight here in canada. I can’t find it but glad u guys like it! 

10 minutes ago, robster said:

No, couldn't be further from Revolver if it tried!

Thank god ! 2 more hours and the we will get it . Yeah !

8 minutes ago, Alejandrogr said:

What are you talking about? I was supporting what steve208 said.

Maybe I was wrong but I thought you meant it sarcastically...as in "Purleaase", but nevermind.

Alright I love this on first lesson but it could have been easily on Rebel Heart which might be why they're giving this away first. 

Definitely a modern singing style and I love it!!  Love everything about it so far.  Will wait till tomorrow to listen to the full song as it's intended to be.

10 minutes ago, runa said:

I agree that the comparison with REVOLVER is like... :provoke:

I think we haven't heard the same song,  :crazy:

I must apologize to everyone for that god awful post! Never thought I’d do something like that, but there’s a first time for everything. Lol the thing is that I haven’t slept all night and was like a zombie trying to listen to a new song. NOT a good idea! Don’t listen to M’s new music all tired and worn out people!!  :dead: 

43 minutes ago, freddykrueger86 said:

Omg really??? 🤮

No! Not really! God dammit. What was I thinking? The song is amazing! I love the beat and lyrics a lot. Her voice is really different and that’s what took me by surprise at first, but it is actually a really fresh take and something new. I’m starting to think the album will be very rich and diverse! Really excited!! 

my personal opinion of the song is that it would fit well on hard candy. it's quite a fine song. it's not single material but it's quite good. an edgy devil wouldn't recognise you imo.

20 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

Sounds so good with headphones.. 

ysuv0.jpg

Yes 🙂

It sounds more like a Lana Del Rey song than anything else...even a little Natalia Kills thrown in. Also I'm very curious if she saw the Natalie Portman film Vox Lux since it does revolve around him violence and pop stardom.

the violins sound like bjork's bachelorette or something, i can't quite pinpoint the bjork song... but it sounds like that, like it 2 out of 2 songs so far for me

EDIT: it's the closing of hyperballad

Edited by articunocc
found the bjork song

33 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I must apologize to everyone for that god awful post! Never thought I’d do something like that, but there’s a first time for everything. Lol the thing is that I haven’t slept all night and was like a zombie trying to listen to a new song. NOT a good idea! Don’t listen to M’s new music all tired and worn out people!!  :dead: 

Don t worry and keep expressing your opinion 

2 minutes ago, articunocc said:

the violins sound like bjork's bachelorette or something, i can't quite pinpoint the bjork song... but it sounds like that, like it 2 out of 2 songs so far for me

Hyperballad! The end! YESSSSSSS!!!!

1 minute ago, Showdown said:

Oh can t wait to listen to the whole song at this point ...intriguing

16 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

A8760E67-68D1-4C0C-922D-AD4C6F2B1FC9.gif

Something I love about Madonna is that she challenges me as a listener/consumer of her art. Sometimes upon first listen, it's just so different than my expectations that I almost can't comprehend the sound? Some Madonna songs I fucking LOVE, that I just didn't get upon first listen: Frozen, Music, Impressive Instant, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day, American Life, I'm so Stupid, Mother and Father... like I had never heard songs sound anything like these before and I was like, what the fuck am I hearing exactly? I couldn't live without these songs now! So I think it's really cool that nearly 4 decades into her career, she is doing it to us again and coming out with music so fresh and unexpected! 

Just now, idro said:

Oh can t wait to listen to the whole song at this point ...intriguing

It's a bit of it so dont expect the song to sound like it's hyperballad pt 2 lol i honestly thought this was the Jeff bhasker song because it does sound very Lana musically just not depressing and then there is a bit of strings that sound hyperballad-esque

2 minutes ago, Showdown said:

It's a bit of it so dont expect the song to sound like it's hyperballad pt 2 lol i honestly thought this was the Jeff bhasker song because it does sound very Lana musically just not depressing and then there is a bit of strings that sound hyperballad-esque

OK OK it s just that M & Bjork are my faves actually

11 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Oh wow, nice catch. Hyperballad is my favourite Bjork song and I didn't even realise. Such a great song.