"I Rise" thread

well, I like it better than Medellin.. but.. even though this is supposed to be an album full of latin, Portuguese and other influences, I mostly hear an American sound which isn't my cup of tea.. surprising since I assume Mirwais produced? but.. songs always need to grow on me.

Just now, Nikki said:

well, I like it better than Medellin.. but.. even though this is supposed to be an album full of latin, Portuguese and other influences, I mostly hear an American sound which isn't my cup of tea.. surprising since I assume Mirwais produced? but.. songs always need to grow on me.

I heard only the snippet robster posted, but I feel the same.

5 minutes ago, Andra said:

Nope no robotic voice, I'm listening to it with my headphones!!!

I'll try it on my speakers when I'll be home......!

Full lyrics from the clip so far:

I Rise,
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

There's nothing you can do to me that hasn't been done
Not pull or push it, not to run from a gun
River of tears ran dry, let 'm run
No game that you can play with me, I ain't one

Cause I'm going through …
I know you see the tragic in it
Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it
I can't break down now
I can't take that now

Died a thousand times
But managed to survive
I can’t break down now
I can’t take that, I can’t take it

I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

The minute you survive

Freedom’s what you choose to do with what…

1 minute ago, robster said:
full lyrics from the clip so far:

I Rise,
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

There's nothing you can do to me that hasn't been done
Not pull or push it, not to run from a gun
River of tears ran dry, let 'm run
No game that you can play with me, I ain't one

Cause I'm going through …
I know you see the tragic in it
Just hold on to the little bit of magic in it
I can't break down now
I can't take that now

Died a thousand times
But managed to survive
I can’t break down now
I can’t take that, I can’t take it

I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it
Up above it
I Rise
I Rise
I Rise
Up above it all

The minute you survive

Freedom’s what you choose to do with what…

Do you know the name of the song they filmed in LA with the queens?

41 minutes ago, robster said:

For those who were disappointed with her vocal delivery in Medellin, this one should restore your faith. 

Who could be disappointed with her vocals in Medellín that their faith would need to be restored?? Wtf? Lol I’m just a bit surprised, because she sounds so suave, sexy and chill in Medellín, and her voice is pretty clear and beautiful. In fact, her voice is the best part in that song! I just can’t with some people.  

Just now, robster said:

Crave, as far as I know!

Uou, nice! So probably next week we ll have the song (and the video?) and then it will be performed on Eurovision?

1 minute ago, Katypatra said:

Who could be disappointed with her vocals in Medellín that their faith would need to be restored?? Wtf? Lol I’m just a bit surprised, because she sounds so suave, sexy and chill in Medellín, and her voice is pretty clear and beautiful. In fact, her voice is the best part in that song! I just can’t with some people.  

Yes, great vocals on Medellin. I thought she sounded a lot like ROL and that's one of her best vocal moments.

7 minutes ago, elijah said:

I heard only the snippet robster posted, but I feel the same.

yeah I just expected more organic sounds I guess? more of a raw feel? but this is just a teaser of a second song, so we'll see for the whole album... but hey, it's way better than Medellin imo so im glad

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Yes, great vocals on Medellin. I thought she sounded a lot like ROL and that's one of her best vocal moments.

Yes! Exactly! 

Okay I‘m on the train listening to the chorus again and I just gasped out loud! Couldn‘t contain my excitement :laugh:

Now I have my seat neighbours staring at me :sneaky:

I would love to take out my headphones and blast this out so everyone gets to hear it! :crazy:

7 minutes ago, robster said:

Crave, as far as I know!

Omg I’m so happy that she will perform the crave in Eurovision!!!🤪😍❤️

Edited by Sideris

Just now, Nikki said:

yeah I just expected more organic sounds I guess? more of a raw feel? but this is just a teaser of a second song, so we'll see. 

And its a closing track. As a whole she seems to choose the weirdest track (or rather the departure from the whole album) as the closing track. Maybe it is the least "worldly" track on the album? Plus its not on the regular album AND we haven't heard all of it (at least I haven't). 

1 minute ago, elijah said:

And its a closing track. As a whole she seems to choose the weirdest track (or rather the departure from the whole album) as the closing track. Maybe it is the least "worldly" track on the album? Plus its not on the regular album AND we haven't heard all of it (at least I haven't). 

oh.. 😞 well that's sad because it sounds worthy enough to be on the standard. I can't stop listening to it

Just now, elijah said:

It´s the closing song on all editions.

The chorus is gorgeous

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

yeah I just expected more organic sounds I guess? more of a raw feel? but this is just a teaser of a second song, so we'll see for the whole album... but hey, it's way better than Medellin imo so im glad

Yes, but do you or do you not like Medellin?... you haven't made that clear yet.

Just now, Musicinferno said:

It´s the closing song on all editions.

The chorus is gorgeous

Oh, my mistake. I was always fixated on the Deluxe and assumed since its the last song there, it wont be on the regular album.

The full track is awesome! The intro has a bit of the speech from that girl who demonstrated against the school shootings I think. The ending is gorgeous with increasing vocodered layered efftecs having the track build to a big finish with the lyrics "yes we can, we can get it together" Stunning vocals, nothing overly processed in the verses and chorus!

2 minutes ago, robster said:

The full track is awesome! The intro has a bit of the speech from that girl who demonstrated against the school shootings I think. The ending is gorgeous with increasing vocodered layered efftecs having the track build to a big finish with the lyrics "yes we can, we can get it together" Stunning vocals, nothing overly processed in the verses and chorus!

😍

1 minute ago, robster said:

Do u think she will perform it at Eurovision?? or the 2nd single?